• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Unpopular opinions

Twisterheart

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Holiday Candy Cane 2017
Ruby
New Leaf Token
Isabelle
Mint
Lobo
White Pansy
The Bell Tree Fair 2017 Patch
What are some of your unpopular ACNL opinions? It can be on anything in the game.

For me, I don't like playing at night, or when it is raining. A lot of people love these times, but for some reason I don't really like it. I'm not exactly sure why I dislike these times. I don't ever remember having a problem with them in previous games, but this time around I hate it. I'm guessing because at night everything is so dark, and when it rains the grass makes a squelching sound I don't like.

I have no idea if this is unpopular, but I don't like shells or mushrooms on the ground. Anything on the ground except for flowers bothers me for some reason.

I'm not fond of having every square tile possible occupied with flowers/items. This is usually the way completed towns are at the dream suite. Like, other than the path, if there is one, the town is like a maze of random flowers and objects. This looks overly cluttered to me. I actually like having bare patches where you can see the grass underneath.

I'm not fond of having every square tile possible occupied with flowers/items. This is usually the way completed towns are at the dream suite. Like, other than the path, if there is one, the town is like a maze of random flowers and objects. This looks overly cluttered to me. I actually like having bare patches where you can see the grass underneath.

I couldn't agree more. I really don't like these kinds of towns. I personally did not put any patterns on the ground in my cities, I like to see the grass, it makes the town more alive. I do have rows of trees that create paths and flowers to decorate wherever I feel they'd look great, but that's it. I feel that most of the towns I visited were too "full", I prefer a natural setting.

I don't like the popular villagers like Julian, Marhsal or Molly. One exception is Fauna bc of my first WW town. Of course, If you have memories with them it's something different, but when you just like them, bc everyone does, thats.. gross. But I like mostly all the gorilla and chicken villagers.
I also don't like paths, I just don't like that unnatural appearance. Or I neither like when you don't have any grass on bigger spaces, because you ran over it or something. Like next to villagers houses, round the river or just from cancelled PWPs.

Last edited:
I don't like playing on special days, like Festival, bunny day, etc. They stress me out. I do like getting the furniture, but I don't like that I have to play for so long, trying to get the whole set, and running around looking for certain colored feathers or eggs is not fun to me.

I agree so much. Towns that are completely filled to the brim stress me out, especially those with long winding paths that zigzag all over the town. I get easily lost in those towns, and I always worry about missing something by trying to find my way around.

I don't understand why people like Julian so much. Is it just because he is a unicorn? He was the first villager to move into my town and he got boring; most of the time he would just spin around and be like "Let's go dancing!", nothing really interesting.

I also don't really like how people choose dreamies based on their appearance, or won't make a villager who they like a dreamy bc they're "ugly" or "not cute" or something. I think it's shallow and the game isn't made for that imo :\.

I actually really don't like what the game has seem to become to a lot of people. I know it's fun to do landscaping and design your house, but the game's about community, and I really wish that idea was represented more. I remember watching a video about some of the creators and one guy (I think he was a creator) said that the gamecube version brought him and his family together. It's the same for me as a kid -I would play with my mom and sister. I think that's why I'm so sad in how it's mostly played now.

Not trying to seem hateful....just my unpopular opinions. If what I dislike makes you happy then you're not obligated at all to listen to me.

I don't like the zen PWPs, even though my town is (sort of) nature oriented. I like seeing them in other towns if placed correctly, but in my town they just feel out of place. The only suggestion I like from cranky is that bridge. I don't like having bamboo everywhere, but I especially don't seeing having cut down bamboo trees running along paths. I don't even like how random tree stumps look.

Surprisingly, I don't like how really spacious towns look. I love if a town is cluttered, but with PWPs only, not a lot of random flowers and objects on the ground. I feel like it makes the town feel more cozy. My goal is to fill my town with 30 PWPs just for that reason. I love wandering towns and don't like having villagers all lined up along some gradient (even though some towns make it look REALLY well done). I just love the idea of walking everywhere and having scenery.. I don't like how towns with no paths look unless there are natural dirt paths. Something about towns having no paths makes it feel... empty to me?

I don`t like towns where there are a lot of random placed bushes and not a visible path. This way I always get stuck in the bushes and don`t know how to get out.I also don`t like it when villagers wear each other clothes (it is almost impossible to get them back in there own clothes without ruining there houses).

Personally, I don't like forest towns that feel too cluttered. By that I mean, random items on the floor such as bells or random qr codes here and there that I feel don't relate to eachother. Or bushes placed in the middle of paths or just anywhere that seems illogical if that makes sense? in no way am I saying my town is perfect, but this is just my opinion so take this with a grain of salt.

Last edited:
I hate the look of fake grass and water qr code designs. They look tacky to me.

I don't like when people place random items on their house floor: like mushrooms, those nuggets, the items you get from villagers durring The Harvest Festival.

It looks really messy to me...

I'm actually really sick of going into dream towns where the villagers are nothing but: Diana, Marshal, Fauna, Francine, Stitches, Chrissy, Julian, Whitney, Merengue, Poppy, Skye, Flurry (sometimes), any male wolf who isn't Lobo or Wolfgang and Rosie in them (not individually, but the whole town is nothing but them!)
I went to over 600+ towns like that before update and after!

Last edited:
I know this has been stated multiple times, and I'm not hating on different people's opinions and choices and what not but I don't really like how people choose villagers based off of popularity, rather than personal preference. I've visited a lot of dream towns and it always seems to be Marshal, Julian, Fauna, (the cute villagers) and the wolves etc. (Not that there's a problem with that) but there are so many 'unpopular' villagers who are so sweet or cool or just down right adorable. I mean I get that Julian's cool because he's a unicorn, and Fauna's adorable, and stuff, and I get that people may like them for personal reasons other than just popularity (like I have Molly because she was in my first town, first villager a while ago :3)

Unpopular Opinion: Beardo is great. He's just a detective bear undercover, trying to make a living in a town as a writer. :3

I dont know :3

I don't like the reset center and I never built it. why anyone would put up with resetti voluntarily just baffles me.

- - - Post Merge - - -

also i don't really care for dream towns with every square inch is covered in qr's. particularly the water ones. we have real water in the game, so I don't like the way the fake water looks.

I agree with the dislike for cluttered towns. It's like people like chaos or something. I struggle navigating through towns like that.

I also dislike the fairy tale pwps. I don't know, I find them to look more arabic or something than fairy tale.

Visiting players houses in the dream suite is my favorite thing to do. However, I don't care for overly cluttered rooms, food items on the floor, or furniture partially placed in front of doorways.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Have you ever visited a dream town, and you can't walk between the trees because there are bushes between them that you can't see? Well, I have, and I don't like it. Lol.

Visiting players houses in the dream suite is my favorite thing to do. However, I don't care for overly cluttered rooms, food items on the floor, or furniture partially placed in front of doorways.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Have you ever visited a dream town, and you can't walk between the trees because there are bushes between them that you can't see? Well, I have, and I don't like it. Lol.

I hate that! I'm here like "how do I get out of here!?" Sometimes I have struggled just navigating my way back to Luna. Dx

^Oh yeah. And definitely the clutter thing! It makes me feel so claustrophobic in a town or a house where you can hardly move at all. It's just overwhelming.

Back