Catalogue items--how does it work, please?

Nenya

I hope you dance!
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Purple Balloon
Orange Heart Balloon
Hot Cocoa
Blue Hybrid Rose
December Birthstone (Turquoise)
Holiday Candy Cane 2017
Kapp'n Christmas Doll
Apple (Fruit)
November Birthstone (Topaz)
ぶ
That's it--the title. I've heard of it often, but don't know how to do it.

Also, are people reluctant to do this for others? If so, why?

Let's say you want the rococo set, but it's hard to come by it on Nookling's. So you come by my town, I drop my items, you pocket then and drop them again. After you come back to your town, they'll show up on the catalogue and you'll be able to buy them directly, since you've had "owned" them before. This only works with itens that are ordeable through Nookiling's, like, the Sanrio sets won't work, for example.

The reluctance is that after the borrower pockets the itens, they may not give them back.

Thank you! But if they try to leave with them, can't you just flip the wifi switch off?

Well, yes, if the exchange is made in the lender's town. But if it's the other way around, the borrower might pocket the stuff and end session. Or maybe they'd be able to run to the train station before the lender notices? I don't know. x)

I used to have catalog parties. I would buy a bunch of sets, and players could come over to catalog them. If anyone took an item , it was no problem, because I could just order it again. The only thing that irritated me was when people took an item, the other people couldn't catalog it until I ordered another.

Catalog parties are great, because you can get your visitor badge ( not to mention the train station upgrade) really fast. Plus, your helping others get items they want for their homes.

Obviously, you can't reorder unorderables from the catalog. Though, some people just wanna catalog those items to fill their catalog so it doesn't matter that they can't reorder them themselves.

Back