Ask Oblivia

Favourite Stephen King book and favourite adaptions of his books?

I love Stephen King's work too, he's must have a messed up mind. Haha, I'm kidding. He has a great sense of humour and he isn't as deranged person people may think he is.

I liked Pet Sematary quite a bit as a kid, and I was always a fan of the short story Graveyard Shift. I did read The Dark Tower series a few years ago per the recommendation of a friend and enjoyed that as well, though generally speaking I need a little more to my horror to satisfy me. ;)

Favorite kind of music?

I don't know that I could pick a favorite genre, actually! My music library has everything from electronica (mostly chiptunes/8-Bit), classical, old school hip hop, both hard and indie rock, even some hardcore/screamo. The only genres I don't really care for are country/bluegrass and whiny R&B.

(I copied and pasted this I'm so sorry!)

what in the world convinced you to originally apply for staff

I was a moderator on another site for a long time and was pretty good at it (I think?), plus I enjoyed it and made a lot of really good friends, so I went ahead and applied when I was able. I also figured it'd be cool to help out more with all the behind the scenes nonsense and HEY, I was right!

What do you consider your spirit animal?

I've never thought about it, actually! Of course I'm tempted to go generic and say a cat, but let's go with a hydra. A huge, scary, venomous hydra. With rabies.

Do you collect something?

Yes! I collect rock and mineral specimens, plus some rough-cut gemstones (LOVE opals). :blush:

Yes! I collect rock and mineral specimens, plus some rough-cut gemstones (LOVE opals). :blush:

ooohhh nice, ive wanted to collect rocks/minerals/gemstones but not really something id be willing to spend my money on ahh
i loveeee opals too! one of my top favorites! what exactly got you into collecting?

ooohhh nice, ive wanted to collect rocks/minerals/gemstones but not really something id be willing to spend my money on ahh
i loveeee opals too! one of my top favorites! what exactly got you into collecting?

Yeah, it's nice to finally have enough cash to spend on things like cool rock specimens. Back before adult life I'd just go to local gravel pits and find cool fossils to satiate my interest, but now I'm able to get cool ones like this (yes I've already posted it but it's cool as heck so I don't care). It's my okenite geode and it's basically the prize of my collection:

zCf8uSF.jpg

I'm not sure exactly what got me into collecting. I've been interested in geology/mineralogy as far back as I can remember and always would dig through rock piles to try and find fossils and other anomalous rocks.

Johnny Depp is a weird dude, but Edward Scissorhands is still a cool movie.

What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?

Monty Python. I know it well. Given what I know about birds (which admittedly isn't much), probably something like 40mph?

Are you flattered that you got your own birthday banner?

I kinda am, actually.

What did you wish for your bday?

Nothing, actually! I'm very content with my material possessions and relatively content with everything else, but I'd be cool with no more birthdays for the rest of my life. Can you make a birthday wish for no more birthdays or is that against the rules?

How do you feel that I bumped you ask me thread?

- - - Post Merge - - -

Oh and will you friend me on miitomo?

What do you think of me as a regular person?

Also... Do you prefer Callie or Marie? :3

Will you avoid answering us which means I'd have to keep bumping this thread?

Do you admit yourself that your the sweetess admin ever?

No, I taste like lemons.

How do you feel that I bumped you ask me thread?

- - - Post Merge - - -

Oh and will you friend me on miitomo?

Haha, I don't mind. And I'd be happy to add you but never bothered to download Miitomo!

What do you think of me as a regular person?

Also... Do you prefer Callie or Marie? :3

I'm afraid I don't know you well enough to answer question #1... As for question #2, I had to Google as I don't play Splatoon but I prefer the overall aesthetic of the dark-haired one.

Will you avoid answering us which means I'd have to keep bumping this thread?

Nope, I'll answer so long as people are still interested in asking!

Have you watched highschool musical ever?

If you have what's your favorite song?

Back