How the heck do you go about making 20k tbt? And why are collectibles so expensive???

Can we just point out that you can only have a maximum of 999,999,999 Bells in your bank?

Last edited:
Yes, but that's like emptying your entire bank account and then taking out half of another character's just for one collectible.

I would also have to agree the prices on particular collectibles are a little crazy to me. I personally have my spending limit as 10k for a collectible, but even that amount is too much for me to justify it. I got almost all the collectibles I want at this point (maybe another star glow wand).

People have to realize the economy changes. I can barely think of anyone who has more than 15k, let alone 20k. The majority of the richer members are inactive and so those collectibles are hard to come by. I imagine the economy will change again with the fair. I hope the staff brings back the glow wands.

I mostly use tbt to buy art. I gain it by posting, sometimes selling acnl stuff, and occasionally from selling other collectibles. I recommend making a reviewing town thread will easily stack up TBT as long as you go in depth. Everyone wins. :)

I have a villager shop and a furniture shop for making tbt. I wish I could justify spending it all on a collectible like the galaxy egg or the wands. However, I don't see the point. Sure they look nice, but are they worth hours of my time? Because that's what my tbt is to me. I'd rather spend it on art, which is the main reason why I even want tbt.

Collectibles on here are just like any collectibles irl; on release, you'll see them at "crazy low" prices, but once the stock is gone or it's retired, its value will skyrocket. Amiibos are a prime example of this effect. But in reality, the amount of TBT being generated each day is definitely a LOT lower than it was 2 years ago, what with welcome bells being removed. There's rumors that's how people made enough to buy some of the more expensive ones awhile back, is by making alts and farming welcome bells. I think it was around 500-1k bells per person? But with that not happening anymore, and no abd interest, you literally can't earn that much unless you manage to ****post on here a lot or somehow manage to keep a shop open and active for a few months. Give it another year, with AC:NL becoming less and less popular and fewer players, the forums will slowly go inactive, and collectibles sales (if they even happen anymore) will be in the lower hundreds/thousands with mass deflation. SELL EVERYTHING YOU OWN NOW BEFORE IT BECOMES VALUELESS I mean, I'm seeing more and more trades as I'm collecting data and updating my guide, and less big TBT transactions, but take that with a grain of salt.

I find the majority of the collectible prices ridiculous. I have no clue how some people manage to get over 10,000 bells for certain ones. It takes me at least a week of full activity in my Animal Crossing Item Shop to get even close to 2,000 bells, and I got my most expensive collectible, the Galaxy Egg, from the shop. I really hope prices will either deflate or more TBT will come into play. Hopefully we will even see a collectible restock in the shop in order to bring some of the prices down, because there are plenty of collectibles I really want.

It was way easier to make 20,000 tbt in 2015, welcome bells, more members, less collectibles and all around more tbt in circulation. Nobody wants to sell their pokeballs because rarity, and when people do want to sell, nobody can afford anymore because things have thinned out once poeple started leaving.

No one wants to sell pokeballs for 10,000 because they would feel "cheated" out of a possible 20,000. So no one sells, the guide never updates and the prices never drop

collecting is a hobby for some people, which is why they'd pay higher prices for more rare ones. earning tbt though.. you actually have to work hard for nowadays. making art & graphics, item & villager shops, buying & selling collectibles through events or restocks, and posting. you can't just expect the tbt to be handed to you by doing minimal work for it.

you can get lucky and have friends gift you some though (thanks ccj for the pokeball<3)

Be a good artist or a collectihoe...then you'll get rich

- - - Post Merge - - -

I would also have to agree the prices on particular collectibles are a little crazy to me. I personally have my spending limit as 10k for a collectible, but even that amount is too much for me to justify it. I got almost all the collectibles I want at this point (maybe another star glow wand).

People have to realize the economy changes. I can barely think of anyone who has more than 15k, let alone 20k. The majority of the richer members are inactive and so those collectibles are hard to come by. I imagine the economy will change again with the fair. I hope the staff brings back the glow wands.

I mostly use tbt to buy art. I gain it by posting, sometimes selling acnl stuff, and occasionally from selling other collectibles. I recommend making a reviewing town thread will easily stack up TBT as long as you go in depth. Everyone wins. :)

I know someone who has 40k+ LMAOO

Now, yeah there's not very many ways to get TBT other than posting a lot, or from selling art or collectibles. But a while back you were able to deposit your bells into a bank to get interest (like in Animal Crossing), but that was removed as it was essentially a method that made the rich much richer and the poor slightly less poor.
I got most of my TBT (I'm guessing around 6k?) when Club Nintendo was shutting down, I had plenty of unused codes since most of the rewards weren't appealing to me, and the other (interesting) rewards were ones I already had.
Plus I just don't spend much, in the last year I think the only things I've bought were a username change and the Mint collectible.

So yeah, there should be more ways to get TBT, even something like the Advent Calendar from the 2016 Holiday season would be nice (not 100 TBT every day you log in though, maybe like 10-20?).

I have a villager shop and a furniture shop for making tbt. I wish I could justify spending it all on a collectible like the galaxy egg or the wands. However, I don't see the point. Sure they look nice, but are they worth hours of my time? Because that's what my tbt is to me. I'd rather spend it on art, which is the main reason why I even want tbt.

I completely agree with this. Why waste hour of your time, getting thousands of tbt, just to get a little egg beneath your avatar?

Like Ash said, you can get shiny pokemon for X/Y/Sun/Moon for WAY cheaper than some of these collectibles go for.

I completely agree with this. Why waste hour of your time, getting thousands of tbt, just to get a little egg beneath your avatar?

Like Ash said, you can get shiny pokemon for X/Y/Sun/Moon for WAY cheaper than some of these collectibles go for.

More than just that, a Pokeball collectible is a couple of pixels that costs a whole lot of TBT, but I got nine pop-up Pokeball toys (including a Master Ball) in my bedroom table that are just cheap to buy anywhere. Which was worth more? The pokeball toys would have to worth more. Plus, if I got a Pokeball collectible, it will not show up in my sidebar, as long as the apples are hogging it.

Be a good artist or a collectihoe...then you'll get rich

TBH this, besides events and restocks, is the only way of ever really achieving your collectible dreams. Pray your friends have some good ones and sweet talk them, or find someone with one you want and never let them out of your sight.

Collectibles on here are just like any collectibles irl; on release, you'll see them at "crazy low" prices, but once the stock is gone or it's retired, its value will skyrocket. Amiibos are a prime example of this effect. But in reality, the amount of TBT being generated each day is definitely a LOT lower than it was 2 years ago, what with welcome bells being removed. There's rumors that's how people made enough to buy some of the more expensive ones awhile back, is by making alts and farming welcome bells. I think it was around 500-1k bells per person? But with that not happening anymore, and no abd interest, you literally can't earn that much unless you manage to ****post on here a lot or somehow manage to keep a shop open and active for a few months. Give it another year, with AC:NL becoming less and less popular and fewer players, the forums will slowly go inactive, and collectibles sales (if they even happen anymore) will be in the lower hundreds/thousands with mass deflation. SELL EVERYTHING YOU OWN NOW BEFORE IT BECOMES VALUELESS I mean, I'm seeing more and more trades as I'm collecting data and updating my guide, and less big TBT transactions, but take that with a grain of salt.

You hit the nail on the head as far as I'm concerned. That is why you see people with the rare collectibles trying to sell them for the old sale prices and being surprised when nobody offers to buy them. The prices will go down, if sellers want to sell the rare collectibles because let's face it, most people here can't afford those prices.

You hit the nail on the head as far as I'm concerned. That is why you see people with the rare collectibles trying to sell them for the old sale prices and being surprised when nobody offers to buy them. The prices will go down, if sellers want to sell the rare collectibles because let's face it, most people here can't afford those prices.

T H I S and what Luca said. Honestly, I remember when people were making alts to farm welcome tbt, it was about 700 tbt if I remember correctly. I can honestly see this forum becoming inactive if the mods don't do anything to help stimulate the "economy" here. The egg hunt helped but I feel liek they either need to let welcome bells come back or have an easier way to earn tbt. I don't mean like SUPER easy but something so we don't have to earn a 10 page essay in order to earn like 5 or 10 tbt. :/

TBH this, besides events and restocks, is the only way of ever really achieving your collectible dreams. Pray your friends have some good ones and sweet talk them, or find someone with one you want and never let them out of your sight.
Or, every once in a rare while, some bonehead (my own term self applied so it's ok) puts a whole set of rare house letters for auction in the tbt marketplace :rolleyes:

The richest people I've met here got their TBT Bells from selling graphics, though that isn't really popular anymore. Artists still have a good shot at it, though.

I have so much just because I hardly ever buy anything.

Wait; graphics are fallen out of vogue? Wow.

Back