• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Which of these path layouts in front of houses would you say is more appealing?

HappyTails

On Indefinite Hiatus
Bells
A
18300831_294453090996969_4406773625948790873_n.jpg

or B?
18342401_294453154330296_5130600695797396660_n.jpg

I can't decide between these two. Gah!

I personally use something close to layout A for my town, as I like how it keeps flowers around villager houses in a horizonal line, and out of the way from getting runned into as you visit their homes. But that is just me.

What major issue are you having when trying to decide your layout?

I like the first one! You can add flowers in the empty spots

I wouldn't say this is a major issue, persay. Just wanted some advice on which path layout people liked better. Normally I wouldn't ask and figure it out on my own, but now that I'm actually more active in travelling to other towns and people are visiting me and my dream town, I want the path layout to be appealing to the eye. :)

i like A a little more personally, but if you'd rather leave those spaces open you could always do B and put something like flowers in those two free squares in front of the villagers' houses :)

I like the first one! You can add flowers in the empty spots

True. Looks like I'm sticking with A. :)

- - - Post Merge - - -

i like A a little more personally, but if you'd rather leave those spaces open you could always do B and put something like flowers in those two free squares in front of the villagers' houses :)

This is true too. Let me see what it looks like with flowers

Okay, layout A looks a lot better with flowers than B. I think I'll do B for in front of my house since I have a lot more room in front of my house than in front of my villagers' houses so it might look better with B for my house..

Thank you everyone who responded. You really did help me out lots. I appreciate it. :)

Last edited:
I prefer B, and I actually really dislike dream towns that I visit that path like A. Mostly because people choose to use paths that have boarders, and going with A the borders are always broken. What I decided to do with my paths is use B, and then I found another QR of a flower bed to put down in those empty spaces. Perfect boarders and pretty flowers I don't have to worry about trampling. :blush:

A, if you're gonna retain the paths like what it is in the picture or B, if you're planning to put flowers in-front.

I would say B. You could plant flowers or bushes in front of the houses too.
I used to always use layout B because I would plant a flower on each side of the door. I think they both can work though
Yeah.

Last edited:
I prefer B, just feels/looks better to me, partly as the path lines up with the path to the right of the right hand house. A feels squashed or tight to me - (sorry).
Moonfish highlights my problem - I have paths with borders and some of my paths are right up against houses so I get the gap by the house door plus the one tile that is there has one side with no border - looks horrible. I've got to sort out.

The paths in my town are more like A but I never thought about option B with flowers! That could look really nice especially if you match the flower type/color to the villager's aesthetic!

Out of the two, I prefer A. I usually use A for my paths and i've found that it works well when placing down flowers, and it helps with symmetry too. Like other posts have said above it prevents you from destroying your flowers when you visit them, so it can be extremely helpful. Plus I prefer my paths to look more connected to my houses, so that it's clear that it's a permanent villager living there.

I like B best. Otherwise, to me, A looks unfinished, with the empty spot there.

Back