• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

The megaphone is really useful!

HappyTails

On Indefinite Hiatus
Bells
I've never really bothered buying it but I did on a whim and give it a test run. This thing is actually pretty useful, especially when you're trying to find a villager and you don't want to run all over town trying to find them. Sure you'll look like some kind of insane person yelling "Sydney" or whoever into your 3DS but who cares?!

And on top of that, it's a great tool to harass villagers with. Yelling their name even if you don't want anything.

Last edited:
I should probably carry this around more often, but my pocket space is so cramped as it is...

I wish I'd use it more, but yeah - pocket space is tight & I only carry the necessities with me.

When the game first came out I assumed it was not very useful but BOY... was I wrong!! It really helps with tracking down villagers for those pesky deliveries. The only problem that happens sometimes is when the wrong villager answers because the names are similar.

It also instantly wakes up Gulliver if you call his name beside him :)

It does? Hmm, I'm going to try that next time he's in town. Constantly pressing the A button to wake him up is getting tiring.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I should probably carry this around more often, but my pocket space is so cramped as it is...

The things I usually carry around with me are my tools. Unless I'm clothes shopping or landscaping. Then I drop all my tools on the ground then pick them back up.

It does? Hmm, I'm going to try that next time he's in town. Constantly pressing the A button to wake him up is getting tiring.

Yes it does! It's great! Although I never do it because I'm too lazy to take my megaphone out of my mail. But it's definitely MUCH easier to say his name than to keep spamming A, lol

I wish I'd use it more, but yeah - pocket space is tight & I only carry the necessities with me.

Yeah, I just carry my tools: the slingshot, shovel, net, fishing rod and gardening can and now the megaphone. I rarely have anything else in my pockets unless I'm landscaping or delivering items. I sell items I don't need right away or put items I do need right into my house.

- - - Post Merge - - -

When the game first came out I assumed it was not very useful but BOY... was I wrong!! It really helps with tracking down villagers for those pesky deliveries. The only problem that happens sometimes is when the wrong villager answers because the names are similar.

Yeah Static answered when I called Sydney. lol

- - - Post Merge - - -

Yes it does! It's great! Although I never do it because I'm too lazy to take my megaphone out of my mail. But it's definitely MUCH easier to say his name than to keep spamming A, lol

LOL true true.

I use it to find Sahara who tends to wander into random areas of town when she arrives.
It is pretty useful when it works. :)

Okay, I'm sold...again. Had one when I first started playing, but couldn't figure out where they were even when they answered! :blush:

How can you tell?

Okay, I'm sold...again. Had one when I first started playing, but couldn't figure out where they were even when they answered! :blush:

How can you tell?

You have to go in the direction of their voice (where their chat text appears) :)

Last edited:
Good grief! How do you figure this stuff out? I'm omw to buy a megaphone! No more hunting all over town to deliver pkgs! Whew! Thanks, everyone!

Got one! Ok, villagers, ask me to deliver something!

Last edited:
Once i use it nearly to a Villager and he said: "Why you scream! I'm right here".

I just said... Whoops.. My bad.

Back