• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Has this ever happened to you? :o

helenkeller

fecal sewage ♥
Bells
Okay, so the last time this happened was in 2011 (and 2012 in a different situation, over the same time of year as previous) over winter break. I was in the bathroom and I got very dizzy out of nowhere, I collapsed and hit my head on the toilet and I blacked out for a few seconds. The next time, I was in the shower, I got very dizzy and I collapsed and hit my head on the faucet, blacking out and a few seconds later screaming because I realized I blacked out, and hit my head. My mom says this happened to her a lot in her youth. But that doesn't explain why I black out and fall for no reason?

I went to lay down last night, and got very dizzy, the room was spinning. I started to slightly black out and I tried to sleep it off, but I couldn't sleep at all, then I got up, and threw up, I almost fell, and blacked out in the bathroom (again, lel). I laid down and started to slowly feel better, I feel really gross and sluggish right now, but no signs of blacking out.

Do any of you black out for no reason? I only know one person who blacks out like this, and she is always clammy, and has sweaty hands. She also legitimately faints, not just blacking out..

Please don't tell me to go to a doctor either. I'm fine, and if I knew I was sick I would go, because I have good insurance, if I was terribly ill, I would be covered. So I am not trying to dodge a doctor visit or google diagnose myself. I am just genuinely curious if anybody experienced the same thing before. And if you have, did it eventually stop?

if anybody is wondering yes I take medication, I have been taking Adderall 30mg capsules since I was a freshman since I was diagnosed with adhd since age 9.
I also was on and off anti psychotics maybe its connected to that? (one is called Topamax)
I have a doctor who thinks I am not even suffering with the "mental illness" I was diagnosed with. He just thinks I am a brat.(go figure, medical industry ugh that doctors an angel)

And YES, I am anxious and a hypochondriac but fainting for no reason IS NOT NORMAL.

No, I don't have this problem.

However, I do have to do the thing you specifically asked us all not to.

Please, please discuss this with a doctor. Blackouts are both dangerous in their own right, and are very often symptoms of a much more dangerous problem. I won't go listing them off, because honestly, the list is extensive and I have nowhere near enough information to make an informed diagnosis. But you shouldn't just accept them as a thing that happens.

I might have to do that then. It isn't a thing that happens often, but it isn't normal. And I feel like one day it could be much worse than passing out and falling onto a toilet, where I could laugh about it a day later... Like by passing out and waking up in a hospital bed instead. I guess just because its a rare thing, doesn't mean I shouldn't look into it.

People will take this as me being a hypochondriac though, everyone in my family calls me one. And my dad is one himself. Ugh

- - - Post Merge - - -

And some people will pass this off as me being doppy doodle.
I am always tripping, running into walls, and falling.
They'll probably laugh and be like "stand much?" -_-

I might have to do that then. It isn't a thing that happens often, but it isn't normal. And I feel like one day it could be much worse than passing out and falling onto a toilet, where I could laugh about it a day later... Like by passing out and waking up in a hospital bed instead. I guess just because its a rare thing, doesn't mean I shouldn't look into it.

People will take this as me being a hypochondriac though, everyone in my family calls me one. And my dad is one himself. Ugh

Let people think what they want. You know the old saying about a broken clock being right twice a day? Well, even a legitimate hypochondriac is sometimes right that something is very wrong with them.

I don't want to like, alarm you and be all "ZOMG YOU'RE DYING" or anything. The blackouts might be nothing super serious, they could be a side-effect of the meds you were on, like you thought earlier. It could be a number of things. But you're right. It's not normal. And it's worth having it looked into by a professional.

Honestly, if I were in your position, the concern caused by not knowing the cause would eat me up far more than the concern caused by having to visit a doctor.

I am that one person who tries to go to the doctor for everything. But since 2011-2012 when it happened frequently, it hasn't happened until this year.

For some reason I don't feel worried or shaken, I just feel like its abnormal.
And this is coming from the girl who cried about dying because of a weird rash on my back, thinking my bad tanning habits quickly turned into something like cancer... it was a fungus and I got a antibiotic for it lmao

I agree with Yaezakura, you should see a doctor. Especially if you're falling and potentially hurting yourself in doing so it needs to be addressed. I do get dizzy spells, but mine is just where everything spins for a second and I have to like ground myself or I'll fall but I've never blacked out from it. Mine is caused by vertigo.

I know this isn't related to this thread but if that is your snake in your propic it is so cute omg!

While I agree you should probably chat with your doctor about it, there are many non-serious possible causes as well, so don't go panicking or anything. Especially try to avoid using Google as your answer, because anything and everything will be deadly according to Google results (lol).

Actually the Adderall could very well be the reason. Aside from that, it could simply be dehydration, blood pressure related, heat, narcolepsy, stress etc, all of which can be put right easily. Don't stress about it. :lemon:

You are dodging the doctor. If it's not an issue to see one, go see one. Doesn't matter if anyone has similar experiences because a variety of things can cause your symptoms and some very serious. You don't know whether it's nothing or something so counting on yourself to know if you were seriously ill is a dumb excuse.
Point blank, go see a doctor. You wouldn't be here or putting that it's not normal if you didn't know that you in fact need to do so. Not saying it to be mean but just seems like you're in denial about potential medical issues and ignoring blatantly questionable signs.
I hope you don't drive because think how devastating that could be if you blacked out behind the wheel. Not only are you at risk to yourself but also others. You should get this looked at sooner than later in the event it was something serious..time matters. I watched a woman out of nowehere get a sudden intense migraine. She almost was going to ignore it but went to the hospital instead and found out she had a severe type of brain tumor. She had to leave work and was in recovery for a long time but she was lucky to have caught it because it commonly isn't until too late. Maybe your blackouts will be medicine related, maybe something not severe, or maybe something serious. I wouldn't stress but I also wouldn't brush off the signs. Only way to know is be responsible by seeing a healthcare professional and it's never bad to just be safe.

Last edited:
Haha I am staying off google because whenever I google my issues I supposedly have cancer. every time

- - - Post Merge - - -

Thankfully I don't drive, because if I did, I know I would be on the road every day. I choose not to because it is safer for other people if I didn't. I think it could be an eye issue, which is a good thing because I have an appointment scheduled soon. I also looked and just realized, that I have a doctors appointment in a few weeks as well.

An old man drove his car through our dicks sporting goods because he had a seizure while driving with his wife in the car.

Like just about everyone else said in this thread, see a doctor. It could be syncope (can be caused by oxygen being cut off from the brain), which I'm pretty sure can be medicated.
Sometimes I get dizzy spells, but it's nothing serious.
See a doctor.

Last edited:
I used to pass out randomly a bunch as a child, but it was always because I was sick or dehydrated.
This has happened a few times now that I'm older too, but it's always been because of something medical.
Go see a doctor. I realize it can be scary, but it's for the best.

I have been feeling funny all day. I am going to mention it to my doctor at my follow up appointment I have here soon. Thanks for all the advice guys. I guess I shouldn't be brushing it off like its nothing. (even though that's usually the opposite of what I normally do, which is odd. I'm just genuinely chill about it for some reason)

When I was a kid I went with my friend to her doctors appointment.. already weird, I know. But I saw her getting her blood taken. I stepped out in to the hall, got extremely dizzy, everything went black and then I started throwing up.

It hasn't happened since. I think I just can't watch blood being taken. Or i ate some really bad pizza rolls that day

Oh, hush all of you about seeing a good ol' doctor. I wouldn't, and I've been ignoring some serious-sounding issues for a while (heart failure and stroke are the worst that are likely to happen).

Do you have a trigger for your blackouts? You seem to mention it happening in the bathroom a lot. I can feel queasy and potentially faint/vomit listening to medical topics etc.

Oh, hush all of you about seeing a good ol' doctor. I wouldn't, and I've been ignoring some serious-sounding issues for a while (heart failure and stroke are the worst that are likely to happen).

Do you have a trigger for your blackouts? You seem to mention it happening in the bathroom a lot. I can feel queasy and potentially faint/vomit listening to medical topics etc.

This from the guy who believes vaccines cause autism, and trusts the information on a website that looks like it was created on early Geocities. By someone who didn't know how Geocities worked.

OP, this guy is advising you not to see a doctor.

I can think of no better assurance that seeing a doctor is exactly what you need to do.

Last edited:

Maybe you wouldn't personally, but in OP's case, I would deem it necessary. I wouldn't advise anyone against seeing a doctor if they're suffering something as severe as frequent blackouts; it's not just the implications of what's causing said blackouts, but what could also happen during them, it's an accident waiting to happen.

Self-diagnosis is a difficult thing, because it often makes you worry more, and in some cases this causes people to avoid trips to the doctor entirely. It's the fear of "what if", but I can't think of a better reason for going to get yourself checked out. You know the phrase "better safe than sorry", and it applies perfectly to this case. My uncle passed lately, he had been feeling poorly for some years and never saw a doctor, never even told anyone about it. By the time he did, it was too late. I'd seriously consider seeing a doctor, OP, at least for peace of mind.

Last edited:
Are you eating enough? Hypoglycemia (low blood sugar) can cause blackouts.
Considering you were on an anti-seizure medication perhaps you're having seizures?
I'd honestly get a brain scan.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I don't know what would cause anyone in their right mind to brush off frequent vomiting/vertigo accompanied with fainting...your brain is literally telling your body to shut down. This is not something to ask a forum that consists majority of pre-teens and say "don't tell me to go to the doctor,"?????

Back