• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What are those cat things called??

UglyMonsterFace

Arize from Azulon
Bells
Pearl-Oyster Shell Plush
Pink Moon Jellyfish
Blue Moon Jellyfish
Green Moon Jellyfish
Pearl-Oyster Shell Plush
Dino Plush
Bee Plush
Mom's Plush
Sheep Plush
Celeste Chick Plush
So I can't remember the word/term for those cat things, where you build a little door for them to leave the house but it leads to an enclosed space for the cats to relax and enjoy the air without any dangers from predators. There are some really elaborate ones which I find really interesting to look at, and I wanted to search them on YouTube, but I've forgotten what they were called!! Not sure if anyone knows what I mean.. :(

- - - Post Merge - - -

OMG never mind, I remember! It's a CATIO. I knew it was a wordplay/pun :)

I know nothing about cats, except that they're everywhere in my neighborhood. x)

Last edited:
You got it right on the money, Arize. I'm a cat person, so this sort of thing is awesome to me. I definitely want a cat house where they can prowl some ledges above me. I also like dogs so letting them explore the house in their own ways would be awesome to me.

You got it right on the money, Arize. I'm a cat person, so this sort of thing is awesome to me. I definitely want a cat house where they can prowl some ledges above me. I also like dogs so letting them explore the house in their own ways would be awesome to me.

Yes, exactly! I'm more of a dog person, but I do love cats too! And if I ever get a kitty, I definitely want a catio since I'd be too afraid to just let them go free outside since they might get lost, attacked or stolen. But I would want it to be a super nice and spacious one so they'll really enjoy it! =(^_^)= This one is amazing:

Aww, I came to tell you but you figured it out! I've been begging my mom to turn out patio into a catio but she doesn't want to bother putting up screens... I can't wait to have my own house someday and be able to build a catio and cat shelves and stuff, our current house also has vaulted ceilings with areas to put stuff to decorate and I asked my mom if we could do cat stair shelves and put down some carpet up there so they can a place to chill and lookout over the living room but again she can't be bothered to do anything for the cats. =[

Aww, I came to tell you but you figured it out! I've been begging my mom to turn out patio into a catio but she doesn't want to bother putting up screens... I can't wait to have my own house someday and be able to build a catio and cat shelves and stuff, our current house also has vaulted ceilings with areas to put stuff to decorate and I asked my mom if we could do cat stair shelves and put down some carpet up there so they can a place to chill and lookout over the living room but again she can't be bothered to do anything for the cats. =[

Oh no! Is your mom not much of a cat person? :( I think having a catio is a great idea, with all those things you mentioned since it seems you have the perfect space to do it! It's too bad your mom disagrees.. It would totally be amazing once you get your own house and can do those nice things for your kitties <3 They deserve it!

Oh no! Is your mom not much of a cat person? :( I think having a catio is a great idea, with all those things you mentioned since it seems you have the perfect space to do it! It's too bad your mom disagrees.. It would totally be amazing once you get your own house and can do those nice things for your kitties <3 They deserve it!

I don't have any kitties anymore, literally because my mom thinks cats need to be outside... I got a kitten when she got her puppy(now 3-4 years ago) and I told her I wanted him to be an indoor only cat, and I took him out back on occasion on a harness. He kept running out when she opened the door and she got tired of chasing him (to which I told her if she's going out to just put him in my room and close him in) so she just started letting him out, without asking me... He'd gotten attacked by several animals, and my mom wouldn't take me to the vet she would always just say he's fine(I don't drive so I couldn't take him without her). Well last July he never came back home, both him and one of my sister's cats.
We ended up finding pieces of my sister's cat with his collar, because after the huge fire we had all the wildlife was pushed in closer to the houses including coyotes...
I've been depressed ever since I lost my baby and my mom wont let me get a cat because my sister has 3 cats still, and my mom had 3 dogs, one of which she just got, after she'd been telling me we had too many animals and that's why I couldn't get a cat...

Last edited:
I don't have any kitties anymore, literally because my mom thinks cats need to be outside... I got a kitten when she got her puppy(now 3-4 years ago) and I told her I wanted him to be an indoor only cat, and I took him out back on occasion on a harness. He kept running out when she opened the door and she got tired of chasing him (to which I told her if she's going out to just put him in my room and close him in) so she just started letting him out, without asking me... He'd gotten attacked by several animals, and my mom wouldn't take me to the vet she would always just say he's fine(I don't drive so I couldn't take him without her). Well last July he never came back home, both him and one of my sister's cats.
We ended up finding pieces of my sister's cat with his collar, because after the huge fire we had all the wildlife was pushed in closer to the houses including coyotes...
I've been depressed ever since I lost my baby and my mom wont let me get a cat because my sister has 3 cats still, and my mom had 3 dogs, one of which she just got, after she'd been telling me we had too many animals and that's why I couldn't get a cat...

Wtf, that's totally unfair and rude of your mom to not take care of your cat! So disrespectful to just let your kitty out knowing full well you didn't want her to, and that it was dangerous. That is just the worst to find your baby in pieces, or never to find them at all. Why are parents always so selfish? How can she treat your animals so poorly and still continue being a pet owner herself? Really hypocritical and irresponsible. I'm so sorry that happened to yours and your sister's cat :( That's really sad. I hope you can have your own house soon so you can have all the animals you want and treat them great without anyone interfering and harming them.

Wtf, that's totally unfair and rude of your mom to not take care of your cat! So disrespectful to just let your kitty out knowing full well you didn't want her to, and that it was dangerous. That is just the worst to find your baby in pieces, or never to find them at all. Why are parents always so selfish? How can she treat your animals so poorly and still continue being a pet owner herself? Really hypocritical and irresponsible. I'm so sorry that happened to yours and your sister's cat :( That's really sad. I hope you can have your own house soon so you can have all the animals you want and treat them great without anyone interfering and harming them.

Yep, but I mean, she's pretty much the same way to her animals, her dog (that I bought for her) a purebreed boston terrier, I found a lump on the side of his face, and I told my mom about it and she didn't care, just shrugged it off. The next day it was a bit more swollen, and I told her that it was getting worse, still she shrugged it off. That day were were playing with him outside, with the hose, which is his favorite, and throwing stuff, doing lots of stuff, with him, the next day his face blew up, like his whole half of his face was super swollen all the way down to his neck, and THEN she scheduled him for an appointment the next day, only with sufficient prodding from me, she was thinking of just trying to drain it herself... Turns out he had been bitten by a snake, and the pocket I felt was the coagulation, and then the playing we did broke it up and spread it more, if it had continued to spread he would have died.

But yeah, I look forward to having my own place and building a bunch of fun stuff for my cats. I also want to get one of those huge amazing cat running wheels!

Yep, but I mean, she's pretty much the same way to her animals, her dog (that I bought for her) a purebreed boston terrier, I found a lump on the side of his face, and I told my mom about it and she didn't care, just shrugged it off. The next day it was a bit more swollen, and I told her that it was getting worse, still she shrugged it off. That day were were playing with him outside, with the hose, which is his favorite, and throwing stuff, doing lots of stuff, with him, the next day his face blew up, like his whole half of his face was super swollen all the way down to his neck, and THEN she scheduled him for an appointment the next day, only with sufficient prodding from me, she was thinking of just trying to drain it herself... Turns out he had been bitten by a snake, and the pocket I felt was the coagulation, and then the playing we did broke it up and spread it more, if it had continued to spread he would have died.

But yeah, I look forward to having my own place and building a bunch of fun stuff for my cats. I also want to get one of those huge amazing cat running wheels!

Wow, your mom definitely should not have any more animals. Poor doggy :'(

And I just googled the cat running wheel, and it looks like so much fun for kitties! What is your favourite breed?

Wow, your mom definitely should not have any more animals. Poor doggy :'(

And I just googled the cat running wheel, and it looks like so much fun for kitties! What is your favourite breed?

Oh man, I love so many cats, I love all cats tbh. But I really want to get a Sphynx and a Bengal for sure. In the future I plan to work from home so they'll get all the attention their little spoiled kitty hearts need!

Oh man, I love so many cats, I love all cats tbh. But I really want to get a Sphynx and a Bengal for sure. In the future I plan to work from home so they'll get all the attention their little spoiled kitty hearts need!

Omg Bengals are so beautiful! And Sphinxs get a bad rap, but I think they are really interesting! If I ever got one, I would name her Ankha! But my favourites are ragdolls and Maine coons. ^_^ One day we will both have kitties! I hope you can reach your goal soon because life is just soooo much better with animals!

I don't think I could trust those, plus I live in a cold climate so I am not too sure how that would work out.

My childhood cat was strictly an indoor cat. She did have much of a personality, and just kinda sat there like a blob. I think it was just the type of breed.

My new cat, he's an adventure. So I am the crazy lady that puts him on a harness and leash of he goes outside and I walk with him. Or I let him into our garage. I'd prefer if he stays indoors though

I don't think I could trust those, plus I live in a cold climate so I am not too sure how that would work out.

My childhood cat was strictly an indoor cat. She did have much of a personality, and just kinda sat there like a blob. I think it was just the type of breed.

My new cat, he's an adventure. So I am the crazy lady that puts him on a harness and leash of he goes outside and I walk with him. Or I let him into our garage. I'd prefer if he stays indoors though

Most catios can be opened and closed, it's not fixed open. I plan on moving to Washington so obviously it wont be a year round thing to keep open, it will be more for summer and spring than anything, and the rest of the time they'll have a bunch of fun stuff to do inside.

Most catios can be opened and closed, it's not fixed open. I plan on moving to Washington so obviously it wont be a year round thing to keep open, it will be more for summer and spring than anything, and the rest of the time they'll have a bunch of fun stuff to do inside.

I did not know that. Maybe when I buy my own place I'll consider getting one.

Back