Switch
4805-1672-6310
Yellow Lily
Yellow Violet
April Birthstone (Diamond)
Tasty Cake
Winter Mittens
Orange (Fruit)
since every acnl town has basically the same features and buildings, apart from where everything is located, there's nothing special about them unless the people owning them make them special. what are some special things about your town? it doesn't matter how big the difference is.

for me, i have a fossil dig site on that narrow strip of land between the tracks and the river. all the fossils are assessed. since my fossil museum is complete and i'm already rich, the dig site is welcome to anyone who needs an extra bit of cash, or needs lots of fossils for their exhibit. i also have a dig site next to the drive-in campground (not the best location, but i put everything there before the update and i don't really have a good place to move it). this one, though, is specifically for dreamers. when people visit my dream town they can go their and dig up clothes and accessories to wear while exploring, as well as silver tools.

my museum also doubles as a motel. i changed the exhibits to 4 hotel rooms (although i'm considering changing one to be a lobby or dining room of some sort). they all have different themes. one of them, the ice room, is still a work in progress, and i'm not even sure if i'll go through with it. the only reason i did this is so all my animal visitors in main street might have a place to stay, so i'm not in a rush to be completely satisfied with them.

my town is also a bear cub village. however, only 9 villagers are permanent (unless you don't count maple, since i'm considering replacing her with olive or june if i ever get one of their cards). the 10th spot is reserved for visitors. my current visitor is skye. i started a tradition to give each visitor a wooden bear as a souvenir, and skye is the first guest to take part in this tradition.

First off what a great idea for a topic! :)

I guess my town has a few special things I guess:

*My villagers live in a line by the coast. You can hear the ocean in all the villager homes when I only have 9 (the tenth would be inland due to space)
*My town has a hot spring Japanese zen hotel
Not the most special but I like it.
*My cliff edge for diving has a odd shape and reflects the cliff in the water sort of I guess.
*My dreamies are black or white mainly to match a zen yin yang thing I guess. When I can. Not always I move villagers around.
*Both my bridges are diagonally done

Not too special but yeah

My Joy town has all 4 seasons, an ice skating rink, and lemonade stand.

My farm town has an outdoor chicken coop, and fruit stand.

My Sunshine town has a hundred acre wood, Smurf house, Rainbow Brite and Looney tunes house.

All of my towns have unique rooms.

My town isn't an all pink kawaii town.

my town is still in the works but i guess perhaps the fact that it'll be a single villager type town (i guess that may not be exactly unique in some folks eyes though) and perhaps my town name in general, yarrin, i always thought of it as kind of uncommon, lol

i also want to incorporate a fairy ring in a corner of my town :) (also possibly not super unique, but i like it!)

In my newest town, I tried to do unique house themes. Instead of a standard 'living room, kitchen, bedroom, bathroom' type deal, I made theme houses. My mayor's house is a garden center shop with different rooms to buy flowers, fruits, tools, and a little eating area. The upstairs is a flower-themed game lounge and the basement is a 'back yard' theme.

My second character's house is a cruise/boat/island sort of theme, with a deck to lounge on, a cabin room, a pirate room, an ocean themed spa room, the captain's room, and an undersea room.

The town itself is an all cat down, which I plan to have mostly natural looking without putting paths down.

I always come up with unique stories for each of my residents and villagers! Their houses and the areas surrounding them reflect their personalities/hobbies/occupation. Sometimes I even write mini stories to go along with them each then make spots in my town reference them.

I am also planning out an area in my town that was burnt down by pheobe and drago that leads to a natural spring/spa owned by one of my residents I have based on my boyfriend irl c: So that gives it a kinda more personal flair and I don't know of too many enchanted forest towns with a burnt down sections so! that's pretty cool.

My characters make my town unique, they all have a nautical background.
The mayor, SEM, is a retired sea dog, his house is full of treasures he gathered in his travels.
Serenity is an ex-mercenary pirate, she is now hiding out as a nun in our gyroid orphanage/sanctuary.
RecZone is a navy base themed recreational center, operated by a marine biologist that believes in mermaids.
And Portmelo is a pirate ship themed seafood restaurant with a nightclub in the basement called the Sea Floor.

Also, every design in my town is made by me, except for the bathroom signs in PortMelo. I made those with the QR app years ago and never got around to making my own.

I'm not so sure that there is anything that makes my town unique compared to everyone elses towns, to be honest. I think the map is interesting though and I've never seen anyone else with the town name "Melursus"

Ooh, perhaps my 4-seasons garden! It changes each season to match it- it's lots of work, but fun and rewarding.
Perhaps my town hall entrance with the rainbow roses too ^^
My zen area, which is on a peninsula. It's like a different world c:
I'm quite proud of my lotus pond made with patterns. There's a path running through it and there are tree stumps you can sit on. I also like my train station park- I like the idea of white with flecks of gold. I haven't seen that theme before ^^

I don't know what I have in my town that is purely unique... But I guess I do some things differently from other towns.

-My main house has a neat Jazz stage room made from the sleek series.
-I have Path patterns I designed myself, including a circle pavement that is made up of 4 tile patterns to create.
-I have a very neat area of town that I carved out with a horizontal line of two parallel flower arches on each side of a pond - which follow a path to my main attraction.
-I decorate my beach shores so that only coral remains - but I bet some people here may have done that.
-My town's theme song I made up myself - and not based off of any song I could ever think of.

Either way, I like this topic!

Last edited:
The characters in my Cherish town are family members. I made their homes with themes of things they like. It also has rooms for special characters. Like Kapp'n, Gracie Grace, Blathers, etc.

The town is decorated with a lot of ore. The bottom half of town is golden. Gold, ore, path, roses, etc.

My characters make my town unique, they all have a nautical background.
The mayor, SEM, is a retired sea dog, his house is full of treasures he gathered in his travels.
Serenity is an ex-mercenary pirate, she is now hiding out as a nun in our gyroid orphanage/sanctuary.
RecZone is a navy base themed recreational center, operated by a marine biologist that believes in mermaids.
And Portmelo is a pirate ship themed seafood restaurant with a nightclub in the basement called the Sea Floor.

Also, every design in my town is made by me, except for the bathroom signs in PortMelo. I made those with the QR app years ago and never got around to making my own.

I am very impressed with your houses, and the patterns are great. I shall return.

In my newest town, I tried to do unique house themes. Instead of a standard 'living room, kitchen, bedroom, bathroom' type deal, I made theme houses. My mayor's house is a garden center shop with different rooms to buy flowers, fruits, tools, and a little eating area. The upstairs is a flower-themed game lounge and the basement is a 'back yard' theme.

My second character's house is a cruise/boat/island sort of theme, with a deck to lounge on, a cabin room, a pirate room, an ocean themed spa room, the captain's room, and an undersea room.

The town itself is an all cat down, which I plan to have mostly natural looking without putting paths down.

Can you imagine in the next game if we could live on houseboats? Maybe holding the Joy-Cons you could feel it rock and sway?!
Pascal furniture and island furniture? Look at the sunset with ocean waves from your very own houseboat?!

This is a cool idea for a thread! I think my town is unique in the landscaping. It has a fairytale vibe but also feels like a quiet neighborhood, with its own children's park. I also have a tiki bar in the beach house and when I was searching for inspiration for that I couldn't find anything, so I think that's pretty unique haha :)

Back