• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Is DID (Dissociative Identity Disorder/Multiple Personality) True or False?

DID, True or False?

• Total voters

GracieKicks

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Hey bros! You know how in movies ya always get people who have different "sides" or "personalities". Well, turns out its actually a thing IRL too! I never knew before, and looked it up a lil'. Some people think its a fad and people are getting diagnosed by mistake or faking it (no offense to any of those who have it!).

So just wondering, thoughts on DID? Aka Multiple Personality Disorder?

Last edited:
I actually have a colleague who saw a case a couple weeks ago. To be honest I'm still skeptical but I would have loved to have been there.

I actually have a colleague who saw a case a couple weeks ago. To be honest I'm still skeptical but I would have loved to have been there.

Yea! It'd be pretty interestin to see. I've never seen anyone personally.

I'm not sure what to say about this. I'm also curious what others think :3

I dunno. I feel like anyone who brags about having it is faking but I'm sure there are people out there with it who don't know they have it.

I dunno. I feel like anyone who brags about having it is faking but I'm sure there are people out there with it who don't know they have it.

I'm guessing if someone ACTUALLY had it, theyd be hiding it more then anything. I hear that people with it have a hard time in court n stuff. I dunno, it's all sorta strange xD

I'm guessing if someone ACTUALLY had it, theyd be hiding it more then anything. I hear that people with it have a hard time in court n stuff. I dunno, it's all sorta strange xD

I think it's probably true, not that all people have it who say they do though.

-_- why are people making polls about if u Believe in things thats not something thats about belief.

yes it is a real disorder

edit: this sounds super Salty sry abt that i just think it isnt a thing to discuss if it's real or not.

Last edited:
-_- why are people making polls about if u Believe in things thats not something thats about belief.

yes it is a real disorder

edit: this sounds super Salty sry abt that i just think it isnt a thing to discuss if it's real or not.

I think it may cause uncalled for fights and "dissing" imo. I stated my opinion in the vaccination thread in a nice way, trying to be considerate and some guy came along and acted rude. People will get offended even if you aren't being malicious.

Why wouldn't it be? :/

- - - Post Merge - - -

It's obviously not like the movies though

They don't just "change personalities" but I hear they often act of character and have like...amnesia
They also have PTSD-like symptoms, but often can't remember what happened (amnesia)

Last edited:
Back