What was your first ever gaming system/video game?

PlayStation 2 i think. I used to play a lot of Digimon + Fifa :)

NO SHAME.

Nintendo DS

my first game on it was either "i did it mum" (because my mum abandoned me and i have had no sense of stability in my life since hAHA), nintendogs (daschund and friends to be specific, i still have it), hamsterz life or it was the legend of zelda: phantom hourglass.

- - - Post Merge - - -

my fondest childhood memory was of me obsessing over a fire boss in phantom hourglass at my best friend's house and completely ignoring her lmao

But yeah. My first game system was a Nintendo 64. Would you expect anything else from the world's biggest N64 fan? :rolleyes:
jDLGt6V.png

Last edited:
Mine was the Gameboy Advance! First ever game i'd played was Pokemon Sapphire! ✪

The nintendo gamecube and the original ds. I had animal crossing, mario kart double dash and some GBA game that I can't remember. I was so excited to get it and play on my own animal crossing game instead of using my brother's game to play. Along with failing epically on mario kart. I miss those days of playing without a care in the world!

Something my Grandparents got on QVC (shopping channel). It had like 200 classic games, like Pooyan ,Skeet Shoot, City Connection, Galaga, etc... We (the cousins) LOVED it, though my older cousins usually got to it first.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Wait, do Tamigatchis count? I had a Giraffe.

I'd say the Nintendo DS Lite was the first one that was mine. (First games for it being Pokemon Diamond and New Super Mario Bros.) But I got it during my middle school years...
I was allowed to attempt playing Super Mario Bros. when I was much younger, but that NES wasn't mine.
I was also allowed to try playing the Gamegear but that wasn't mine either... until I found it in the basement after getting the DS. A fraction of the screen is blank and makes it hard to play most games, though. I never got to play my mom's Gameboy when I was younger but it's now mine too. (Also found after getting the DS)

Last edited:
If you're asking about my own, it was the GBA! I still have it and it works perfectly. I was around 4 I think? My first game was this random whale diving / saving game. I don't get it till today.
But the first ever console I got (actually it's my dads) was the PS2. I used to watch him play on it every single day. It still works and I still play on it sometimes, especially Medal of Honor.

When I was little I played my brother's and sister's gaming systems so that doesn't really count. But i'd say the first ever gaming system that wasn't a family one and belonged to me was my pink DS lite. Since it was my only console, me and my sister bought tons and tons of games for it. We still have a whole bunch of them stacked in my closet. There's a looooooooot of games, not even an exaggeration here. My first game that I can remember was probably Super Mario Sunshine? but I was more of a watcher, not a player so maybe it was Pokemon.

Last edited:
Nintendo Entertainment System my mother won at a work picnic lottery, I was 4.

I believe it was a Ds Lite unless you count cheap little electronic toys (that played minigames) that I had here and there.

Gamecube and Mario Kart: Double Dash.
I was very very young, so i'm not sure if it was that or Mario Party 4/5.

my first gaming console was a grey ds and my first video game (or at least, one of them lol) was wild world c’:

i said this on another thread but my first ever video game was Bugdom on one of those old imacs w the thick clear plastic casing

The first system we had as a family: Sega Genesis. I imagine the first game was Altered Beast, because it was a launch title.
My first personally-owned system that I didn't need to share: Gameboy Color with Pokemon Red.

Back