• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

What was your first ever gaming system/video game?

A NES with Super Mario Bros. and The Legend of Zelda. There might have been some other games too but those two are the ones I remember.

Well I have older brothers, so I was born into a house that already had gaming systems. First system I purchased myself was my 3DS. And I think the first game I bought myself was Harvest Moon: Another Wonderful Life for the Gamecube, but I can't be sure.

I mostly played the SNES, N64 and GameCube as a kid.

My first was the original Xbox and I remember the first game I played on it was Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath of Cortex. I still have the original xbox and I'm debating to buy that game again (gave my copy away yeeearsss ago)

My first system was a Nintendo Game Boy Advance SP but the only game I remember playing on it was Shrek 2 lol.

My first console was the N64, which was a hand me down from my cousins. Before that, I would borrow my brother's Gameboy but I never had my own so that doesn't count :(

when i was young it was mostly pc games, but i think my first non-pc system was a ds with pokemon heartgold.

My sister had a PS1 and later on a PS2 throughout my childhood, but I never got one of my own.

A Playstation (one) with crash bandicoot on it!

First system I ever played was the Sega Genesis and probably Sonic the Hedgehog (2?). System I got to own was probably a Gameboy Color with a 32-in-1 cartridge my grandmother brought back from Taiwan.

It was a Nintendo Gamecube with Super Mario Sunshine and Mario Kart Double Dash! The first console I bought myself was a Wii U with Mario Kart 8!

I had the whole Atari collection.

I still have it infact. I'm getting old :x

Original PlayStation was def my first

can't remember my first game omg

one of my firsts would have probably been Rugrats Search for Reptar
(which I still adore to this day tbh lol)

My first gaming system was a Sega Genesis, which my family owned.
I don't remember my first game, but the Sega Genesis had Sonic, Sonic 2, Disney's Aladdin, Ms. Pac Man and Barney.

My first gaming system that I bought for myself was a New 3DS XL, which I bought in January 2017. My first game on New 3DS XL was Pokemon Sun.

Last edited:
Probably PS 1 or Gameboy Color unless you count the numerous computers we always had.

i dont remember which one i played first
gameboy - pokemon red or kirby's dreamland
ps1 - rayman, oddworld, pandemonium or croc

My first gaming system ever was the Playstation 1. I remember that big old hunk of plastic haha!

I had the SEGA Mastersystem w/ Alex Kidd & the Lost Stars. I was real young then.

Back