• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What songs give you the best nostalgia?

The reflecting god by Marilyn Manson reminds me of my edgy early middle school days. Jeffree Star reminds me of 2007 myspace when I wanted to be scene so bad but my mom wouldn't even let me color my hair.

I'm so glad I grew up

You just reminded me of the time that I showed my mom a photo of vanna venom and asked her to dye my hair like that.... She wasn't too pleased. So glad she never let me do that to myself. Ahhhhhhh omgomgomg. I used to think all of those scene queen singers were so good. (not Marilyn manson, I don't listen to him but I will not fail to admit hes legendary)

ahh I love reminiscing

- - - Post Merge - - -

I can actually get hype to game music ngl

Good Charlotte. It was like what started my emo-ness and I just became OBSESSED with them, posters, pictures printed out in all my binder for school. Had the biggest crush on Billy Martin and had even like a page of quotes of his in my binder? I was a weirdo, still am, but GC makes me super Nostalgic.

not sure, I'm not that old so hard to say. I grew up to listening to Pink because my mum was always listening to it, though I was a smart kid so I never copied what I saw or heard on music or tv!

Smash Mouth - All Star

I use to watch shrek as a kid and I loved that song. Also almost any song of Green Day's because I grew up listening to their songs in the car.

Spirit in the Sky covered by Gareth Gates & The Kumars. It reminds me of going to my town's local funfair when I was 11. My childhood best friend, Jade, and I were on a ride called The Twist and the song came on. We were singing along, adding lyrics, and it was just an all-round fun day. We went on the ride seven times that day and kept asking them to put the song back on. I can't hear it without thinking back to that day.

Going up to the spirt in the sky (in the Twist!)
That's where I'm gonna go when I die (in the Twist!)
When I die and they lay me to rest (in the Twist!)
I'm gonna go to the place that's the best (that's the Twist!)

To those of you who haven't had the luxury of seeing this video (whether you were too young in 2003 or if it didn't make it outside of the UK!) give it a watch! It's cringey as hell but it's hilarious.

A lot of Coldplay's older stuff (Speed of Sound, Yellow, Clocks) are nostalgic for me.. They make me think back to my pre-teen days when I really got into music, and in specific, alternative music. Which is now my favorite genre of music.

DON'T GO CHASIN' WATERFALLS
PLEASE STICK TO THE RIVERS AND LAKES THAT YOU'RE USED TOOOoooo

also: n'sync, backstreet boys, spice girls, early 00's britney spears/christina aguilera, vitamin C

DON'T GO CHASIN' WATERFALLS
PLEASE STICK TO THE RIVERS AND LAKES THAT YOU'RE USED TOOOoooo

also: n'sync, backstreet boys, spice girls, early 00's britney spears/christina aguilera, vitamin C

Just reading that song brought me back to the 90s. I agree to everything here. ^ I am pretty sure I had at least one CD from each of those bands.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGrM1sh-8pE Dear agony, breaking Benjamin
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UVNT4wvIGY&list=RDQM8wbfPwKnr1c Gotye somebody I used to know
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=never+shout+never+lost+at+sea NSN - Lost at sea
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phXWMDy5RoU Pills n potions nicki minaj
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fw0uz88E2gI Too $hort - The ghetto BECAUSE SAN ANDREAS Y ELSE?

Whenever I hear lost at sea, I remember being in front of the front row at a Never shout never concert with my then best friend. I yelled at Chris and said "I LOVE YOU" and he turned around, pointed at me, and yelled in a screechy voice, "I LOVE YOU TOO"

Now that I am older and realize the song was written about his past suicidal thoughts and struggle with depression. back when that song came out I was struggling more than I ever had in my life, even though I was only 14. I felt a kind of pain that I wouldn't ever want anybody going through. So now when I listen to this song I get really happy because of how far I have come.

All Star. Because, I kid you not it was my favorite song ever even before it was in shrek.

I have a smash mouth cd with that song on it. its so old. haha<3 sometimes me and my dad would rock out to it in the car!

Smooth jazz always takes me back. It especially brings up memories of being in airports.
And Dire Dire Docks from Super Mario 64.

- - - Post Merge - - -

It's not a song, but it's background music from the game i adored as a kid.

Mario kart DS- Rainbow road.

The Wifi menu in MKDS and the credit music is magical.

Last edited:
One musician I adore is frank Sinatra, he makes me feel so good haha. I'm not even from that time but it still takes me back

Dramamine (Modest Mouse) and Sleepyhead (I forget the artist) for some reason.

Back