• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

So Maple gave me a throne in a letter...

Mari_AC

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
1765-9586-4976
The other day Maple invited me to come over to her house... the day after, I receive a letter, thinking she would send me a shirt or any of the random crap villagers usually give. So I open it...and it turns out, it was a throne!:rolleyes::rolleyes: I instantly love her 1000 times more, which is a lot because I already adore her! haha. Has anyone had similar experiences with villagers and expensive gifts?

I would guess partly random and partly friendship level - don't know how important friendship level is - I would guess quite a bit.
The throne is a spotlight item & I don't think villagers give that unless friendship level is high.

The other factor is your fortune for the day - if it was for increasing friendship & you happened to be wearing the lucky item for it, this might influence what was sent - (unsure of that tho, as throne in a letter not directly given) Also letter might also mean it was fortune for previous day, not today's.

Whatever - congratulations!

Maple is a great villager to have. She's still in.my DS and Wii games all these years later. I check in occasionally and she's always there even though the rest come and go.

Maple, aka the cub who shares a birthday with me, lol.

Either way, people would wonder why I'm so in love with Lolly. Thing is, most of the gifts she gives me would be things I have a dire need for my house, when I was doing the HHA Challenge. She managed to help me complete my Zen and Exotic sets, which got me to my 1.1m goal.

That's amazing *A* I don't remember if I ever got something as expensive as a throne, but it would be cool.

I love Maple!

Unfortunately im nit so lucky yet with gifts :p

I got one as a gift from I don't remember who some time ago but I don't sit on it due to my bad back. I much prefer a La-Z-Boy.... P.S. Maple is also one of my favorites .

Last edited:
That's fantastic! I've never gotten anything rare or expensive from my villagers as far as I can remember. That's super lucky!

Normal villagers are always so sweet, and Maple, my favorite of them all, is no exception. She hosted both of my birthday parties in Granada.

Ankha pinged and ran up to me and wanted to give me something since I was so kind...

She gave me her throne!

My jaw dropped. I accepted graciously. She was my first camper in my campsite.
She's still in that town. It's been 2 years. I'll never forget!

Maple, aka the cub who shares a birthday with me, lol.

Either way, people would wonder why I'm so in love with Lolly. Thing is, most of the gifts she gives me would be things I have a dire need for my house, when I was doing the HHA Challenge. She managed to help me complete my Zen and Exotic sets, which got me to my 1.1m goal.

I know the items they give you are random, but I think gaining friendship with villagers as an incentive to receive rarer items in letters/tasks etc. instead of completely random items is a pretty cool idea. It would make me want to befriend my non-dreamies more instead of just waiting for them to leave :p

But back to topic, I've never gotten anything super expensive from villagers. However, a few times my villagers have given me a "queen" or a "king" for dropping by my house which I thought was really funny.

WVW69kQ68kwnLLlyjz

You know, I should link Lolly and the Throne thing together. Back in August, Lolly pinged me. I talk to her, and I get this.
WVW69jdx7FgHUm7Gdz

She... just gave me the throne. Needless to say, this made me love her even more.

A THRONE?! Wow! That's fantastic! I hope one of my villagers do that XDD Maple must really love you if she gives you something as expensive as a throne!

The other day i got a Throne from Molly and another one from other Villager. This guys can give good things when they want.

Anyway, back in City Folk old days, i remember that so many people want Elvis because he used to give thrones in his Letters.

Nice! I had to buy my throne. Then I spend a ton more bells refurbishing it to be purple. It was totally worth it.

Back