Vaccinations

• Yes

Votes: 80 82.5%
  • No

Votes: 7 7.2%
  • Not sure

Votes: 10 10.3%

• Total voters
As far as I'm concerned, not vaccinating children, barring some legitimate medical reason like an allergy to the vaccine, should be considered a form of child abuse.

I don't care why. Scared of vaccines because of some celebrity who knows less about science than your average doorknob? Have "religious objections" despite having no scriptural basis to base such rejections on? Tough luck. Vaccinate your kids, or have them taken away and yourselves thrown in jail. You're a danger to the public well-being otherwise.

As far as I'm concerned, not vaccinating children, barring some legitimate medical reason like an allergy to the vaccine, should be considered a form of child abuse.

I don't care why. Scared of vaccines because of some celebrity who knows less about science than your average doorknob? Have "religious objections" despite having no scriptural basis to base such rejections on? Tough luck. Vaccinate your kids, or have them taken away and yourselves thrown in jail. You're a danger to the public well-being otherwise.

I strongly second this. The kid either doesn't know what's going on before they are old enough to make the choice or they CAN'T make the choice, because they have to have the parent's permission (which is just ridiculous). Once the child grows up, if they do, looking back on having some horrible temporary sickness/disease - they will be extremely upset their parents prevented them from doing so and rightfully so. What if the child doesn't wanna follow that religion once they develop their sense of self? What then?

Believe is a strange word to use. Do you believe that antibiotics get rid of your strep throat?

In my own family I'm only 2 generations removed from a time where about one child in every family died of polio, so yeah I'm pretty ok with the whole vaccination thing.

100% agree with all of this. My cousins aren't immunized and as far as I'm concerned it's not only a hazard for the child but also to what they could carry to others.

- - - Post Merge - - -

are vaccines a new religion now or something?

vaccines have been around for years and I would argue the opposite lol

I don't really see why people should feel the need to avoid it. They have nasal sprays for them now, so people who have a fear of needles can still get immunization. Pretty sure there are no religious problems with it or the idea that vaccines are evil came from a really obscure religion since the church near my house was giving free flu shots. If people think that it causes autism, then autism is probably the last thing they should worry about concerning mental disorders.

For the whole autism argument, autism is most commonly noticed at a young age, shortly after some vaccination. Humans being humans will make the link.

For me with vaccinations... you don't know what's in them.

http://deathbyvaccination.com/

- - - Post Merge - - -

By the way, linked page is very long and contains some distressing images.

For the whole autism argument, autism is most commonly noticed at a young age, shortly after some vaccination. Humans being humans will make the link.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Linked page also has precisely zero factual information, and should be ignored by anyone with a functional brain.

As long as the vaccines are proven to work and to be safe I don't see why people would not want them for their children. I've personally been vaccinated for most, if not all, the nasty stuff.

CAUSES ATUISM
NO .............

- - - Post Merge - - -

All jokes aside, I do believe in vaccinations. If you want to live as long as possible and be healthy instead of contracting diseases, do it. If you believe it actually causes autism or it is against your religious beliefs ... wot.

100% for.

The people who don't vaccinate their children are relying on herd immunisation to protect them - and use the fact their child doesn't get sick as a reason to justify not vaccinating (when, in a round about way, it's other children being vaccinated that is keeping their own healthy: destroying the disease before it is passed on to their child). But the more people who do that causes that method of protection to lose it's effectiveness over time. In the long-term it's a selfish decision not to immunise a child: for both the individual and the population.

100% for.

The people who don't vaccinate their children are relying on herd immunisation to protect them - and use the fact their child doesn't get sick as a reason to justify not vaccinating (when, in a round about way, it's other children being vaccinated that is keeping their own healthy: destroying the disease before it is passed on to their child). But the more people who do that causes that method of protection to lose it's effectiveness over time. In the long-term it's a selfish decision not to immunise a child: for both the individual and the population.

Amen to this. I feel it is such selfish decision towards your own child by not vaccinating them. What happens when your child gets really sick, when it could have been so easily prevented by you. It's just a no brainer for me, not vaccinating your child becomes a hazard for everyone involved. I know various people that are all into natural remedies and believe children should be able to fight it on their own. Okay... tell that to smallpox, polio, etc.

lol not believing in vaccines is like not believing in trees, like no matter what u Believe it exists and works.

many people who are against vaccines use examples like some new flu vaccine (that did have side effects, a few people got narcolepsy from it) to say that vaccines are dangerous and that the cons outweight the pros. the thing they dont realize is that vaccines in general vaccine programs are all old af and have been worked on so theyre not dangerous.

people who don't get vaccinated or don't vaccinate their children are putting other people who can't be vaccinated (like people with cancer, elderly and so on) at risk. if people stop vaccinating against dangerous illnesses that are almost nonexistant today they will make them come back.

but Yeah No totally getting a cold for a week is worse than getting and spreading a deadly illness ...

Last edited:

- - - Post Merge - - -

lmao the autism claim is from some butthead who cheated w his "research" and then stupid people thought it was great to let kids die from preventable diseases because AUTISM IS BAD !! when autism has nothing to do w vaccines.

also just because you dont know what's in them doesnt mean no one knows lol. and the site u linked kinda Sucks my dude

Nope, it's been scientifically proven that immunity gained from recovering from a disease naturally is a lot better and stronger than that from having an injection of a weakened form of that strain. Yes, you suffer a bit more, but I'd rather suffer than have gob knows what kinds of governmental tests or chemicals or what pumped into my body, apparently "curing" the illness. I do agree though that they have helped fight off some really nasty diseases in history, but nowadays, the only vaccines I see being pushed today are flu shots and they're literally noneffective. It's funny too, where I live, anytime there's a massive outbreak of some kind of flu, and clinics and places are pushing shots, the disease actually spreads more and most of the people who got the shots actually end up with a worse strain/more symptoms.

I don't mean this in any harm or ignorance, but the sad part is that: people are either not going to or children "not allowed" to because of certain religious beliefs. Also, some people still believe in that "vaccinations makes you get mild autism" crap. Even if it WAS true, it's not that bad - autism isn't a contagious disease, lol.

So, wait, let me get this straight. You'd be fine with giving a growing kid or a baby a vaccine that gives them autism just because you don't want to deal with the illness (let's just assume for a moment that all vaccines had a chance at giving autism or mental illness). And you still would? Lmao what the **** is wrong with society these days omg

Some of my friends' younger siblings received excessive vaccines when they were younger and have autism and many mental illnesses. It's not ALL vaccines, but only specific ones that have been proven to have a high chance of giving mental illness, usually the ones that you only take once or twice when you're really young (I forgot which ones), and it's usually only when you're given a whole ton of them. I agree- the autism argument is bull**** but it does have good grounds. The other reason I oppose them though is because of what kind of government testing they use with them. Why the **** would they push common cold shots every bloody year when it barely kills anyone. Sniffles, maybe a chest cold? Bronchitis if you're like me and are prone to it; it's still not something I'm okay with though. But, reading the replies here, I respect the views/opinions on why most of you believe in them.

Back