Have you ever encountered a computer virus?

Have you encountered a computer virus?

• I don't have a computer.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Yeah, including those that goes into your email contacts and emails them random computer ads spam.

Lost an entire hard-drive because of a dodgy torrent of an illegal copy of a game. Bought a new hard-drive, had to reinstall Windows and then I was good to go.

My computer atm probably has some sort of virus that my anti-virus doesn't pick up. Either way I just keep my webcam covered and it's all good.

i got the metropolitan police virus back in 2012. luckily my dad knew what it was
but no viruses trojans or malware has ever been responsible for killing my computer

Yep, about 2 or 3 times. Back when I was new to the internet and didn't know what to and not to click.

I guess this isn't really a virus, but it still ended my computer. I used to have this old tower computer, windows Xp and a monitor bigger than my head. My computer ended up getting struck by lightning years ago, fried the motherboard. Got it replaced, but a couple months later, it got struck by lightning again! I replaced the motherboard one more time, but then about a year later, I suddenly started smelling smoke. Computer blipped out... never turned back on. Guess it did all it could take. The worst part about it is that I needed to be replaced ASAP, because I used it for work, but it was literally the week after black friday! It couldn't have died last week, huh? This was all a long time ago though, so I'm over it now.

Yes it was called AVG Free and it killed my last laptop via a bad update that I didn't catch.

Yeah, I'd say Norton is a freaking bad joke as an anti-virus itself cause it hardly catches stuff and thinks good things are viruses, lol.

One of my laptops came loaded with McAfee a few years back, scary times

Back in 2006(?) when I downloaded Zwinky and that smiley central toolbar. :/

I can't completely remember what I was trying to download, but it had something to do with emulators. I was downloading it and a bunch of pop up ads appeared on my screen. I didn't know at that time what a virus was, but luckily Norton security came to my dumb 6 year old aid and got rid of the virus before it got worse.

Ok but whenever I see this topic I read it like you encountered a computer virus in like, the wild or smth :,)

and here we have a wild computer virus in its natural habitat

- - - Post Merge - - -

don't know anyone who hasn't caught some sort of virus from pwrn tbh

Yes, definitely!

From things I should've known better too! Thankfully, I'm a lot more careful now!

Last edited:
Back