December Birthstone (Turquoise)
Purple Violet
April Birthstone (Diamond)
Purple Violet
White Lily
ど
Winter Mittens
Winter Mittens
Why does my transaction log say that I have been spending "1.7","2.3","__._" bells when I haven't even been buying or purchasing anything?

When changing threads you spend some money for it.
Depend on the amount of alterations you make

Omg, that takes out so much if I'm running a shop D=

Last edited:
It's to do with editing posts and stuff. Like when you edit posts and make them shorter. The system on here is a bit messed up and confusing. I looked at my log last week and thought it made me loose out on more bell than I earned for one post.

Honestly. You're better off just ignoring the log as it just adds so much confusion.

Last edited:
From what I understand, if you edit a post and make it shorter, you lose bells but if you add more, you'll gain more.

let me clear this up.

When you edit a post, the new word count is what you earn bells for. so when you edit, you're first deducted the bells you earned for posting. example: if your post was worth 1.7 bells, you would be deducted 1.7 bells. then your new word count would give you a new amount of bells. say your post was longer or shorter, you might get 2.1 or 1.2 bells. so don't worry, you don't actually lose bells when you edit posts :)

OOOHHHHH. Sorry! I was so confused. lol.

let me clear this up.

When you edit a post, the new word count is what you earn bells for. so when you edit, you're first deducted the bells you earned for posting. example: if your post was worth 1.7 bells, you would be deducted 1.7 bells. then your new word count would give you a new amount of bells. say your post was longer or shorter, you might get 2.1 or 1.2 bells. so don't worry, you don't actually lose bells when you edit posts :)

A much better version than what I was trying to say. XD

I'd better make sure I re-read my posts before I...'post' it, because I edit a lot, thanks to typos.

Omg, that takes out so much if I'm running a shop D=

pretty sure you dont get or lose any tbt in trading forums. it happens when editing posts too, i think it is so that you cant write a super long post to get more tbt and then edit the long thing away.

edit: and im pretty sure you don't lose any more tbt than you got for the post but i'm not 100% certain

Last edited:
with how many times this sort of thread pops up, I'm starting to think the staff should make an faq about it

but yeah, as others said you only actually lose bells if you make your posts shorter. obviously to prevent people scamming funds via just making wall of text posts and then right after shortening down to their actual messages

Last edited:
They pretty much answered my question (Mira avatar). :) I guess I was confused 'cause I thought it was like punishing me for editing - i never thought about it with the scamming thought, though. Thanks!

Back