• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Do you like Ostriches?

I LOVE the ostriches! I didn't realize Queenie wasn't in ACNL until I saw it mentioned here. Now I miss her lol!

I love Flora, the second I saw her I knew I had to have her. Gladys is also super cute and I love her house too. They are all so special because they have such a unique shape to them.

Don't forget Blanche the stork :blush: my personal favorite.

I thought Blanche was a Swan/Whooper Swan!

Either way she is beautiful.

----

Ostriches are my favourite villagers, tied with Anteaters of course!

All of them have unique designs:

Flora = Flamingo ♥
Julia = Peahen ♥
Phil = Pheasant
Blanche = Swan/Whooper Swan
Gladys = Red Crowned Crane
Phoebe = Phoenix
Sprocket = Robot Ostrich

Sandy and Queenie are the only actual Ostriches in the game if we're talking about design, they both have good designs though!

- - - Post Merge - - -

I LOVE the ostriches! I didn't realize Queenie wasn't in ACNL until I saw it mentioned here. Now I miss her lol!

Queenie is in New Leaf. :eek:

Don't worry!!!

I don't really like them personally but I like how different they all are and Gladys is pretty cute.

I thought Blanche was a Swan/Whooper Swan!

Either way she is beautiful.

----

Ostriches are my favourite villagers, tied with Anteaters of course!

All of them have unique designs:

Flora = Flamingo ♥
Julia = Peahen ♥
Phil = Pheasant
Blanche = Swan/Whooper Swan
Gladys = Red Crowned Crane
Phoebe = Phoenix
Sprocket = Robot Ostrich

Sandy and Queenie are the only actual Ostriches in the game if we're talking about design, they both have good designs though!

- - - Post Merge - - -

Queenie is in New Leaf. :eek:

Don't worry!!!

add in Cranston - I guessed he might be a Crane (given he's white and his name), I looked him up and from the wiki got this:
His name may be a pun on "crane" since he looks like one. His Japanese name refers to the Ibis, a bird found in Japan.
I like him cos he fits my town and he's lazy. Useful info on the others, thanks! (I knew about Phoebe cos I've got her as well).

Last edited:
They're not necessarily my favourite villager type, but they have some pretty cool unique designs and I wouldn't mind having some of them - I've had Phil and Phoebe before and I liked them both!

I love the ostrich villagers. I think they have some of the best character models in game, and I love the elegant feel that they all have. My absolute favourite is Blanche because for some reason she reminds me of a shrine maiden, and I imagine shrine maidens to be so elegant and refined, which is why I like her so much. That and she really fits the snooty personality. I love her colour scheme too, because it's subtle and not too in your face.

I do! Phil was an original in one of my towns and I -love- him, he's so sassy. Phoebe is so cute too, plus an uchi!

add in Cranston - I guessed he might be a Crane (given he's white and his name), I looked him up and from the wiki got this:
His name may be a pun on "crane" since he looks like one. His Japanese name refers to the Ibis, a bird found in Japan.
I like him cos he fits my town and he's lazy. Useful info on the others, thanks! (I knew about Phoebe cos I've got her as well).

I forgot about Cranston. :eek:

The red tip on his beak is just a dead giveaway that he's an Ibis, can't believe I forgot about him.

Last edited:
my first (and so far only) animal crossing town had 2 ostriches as starting villagers, blanche and flora. i befriended them both. i'm not sure if that affects my opinion on ostriches or not, but i do like them. i can't really think of any i dislike. they all seem pretty neat.

Never had one before Phoebe. I like her alot. She is beautiful and a little bit sassy and sarcastic. Just my style! ;)

This thread has me thinking about all the ostriches.

I have a few scattered about but now it makes me want an all ostrich town with a cranky...

Now who would be a good cranky hmmm - a bird? An Eagle? A penguin? Someone else? One of the wolves?

I think the Ostrich villagers are cool. I think Gladys/Julia might be my favorite of the ostriches.. I used to think Queenie was cool but she's in my current town and I can't stand her. I want her to leave so bad. :(

How SO very random and perfect. My 16yo Daughter LOVES Ostriches in RL and in game. Hhoney, Frank the Eagle is an AWESOME Cranky. I have had him in almost all of my towns. Other than him I'm preferable to Wolfgang the Cranky Wolf.

I forgot all about them! I adore Flora's design so much.

- - - Post Merge - - -

How SO very random and perfect. My 16yo Daughter LOVES Ostriches in RL and in game. Hhoney, Frank the Eagle is an AWESOME Cranky. I have had him in almost all of my towns. Other than him I'm preferable to Wolfgang the Cranky Wolf.

I love Frank so much. He's in my current town on New Leaf. Getting his amiibo card and using it was such a good decision.

They're one of my favourite species! Gladys was the first I ever saw in my Wild World town. I fell in love instantly. Especially those adorable chick-like eyes. :)

Back