• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Do you think AC:NL would be boring without "unorderables"?

Brookie

💎 We don't talk about Bruno-no-no-no 💎
Bells
Switch
1118-4461-2529
White Pansy
White Cosmos
December Birthstone (Turquoise)
Purple Violet
April Birthstone (Diamond)
Purple Violet
White Lily
ど
Winter Mittens
Winter Mittens
What do you think? Sometimes I think it is really annoying to have to worry about "preserving" and storing unorderables especially with the amount of space they give you. Sometimes I think it would also be boring without them.

I really don't like unorderables. It's annoying. I'm to the point where if I'm probably not gonna use it I don't care I sell it. I spent a long time with that hording mentality in the game but recently I realized if I do need it I can get it again eventually so whatever lol.

While annoying, I think it makes the game more personal, as you have to unlock the item or win them from events and fortune cookies and etc. It sort of sets a goal. For example, if you really like the fortune cookie items, you may set the goal to collect every one of them, or create a room around it. Idk its something that gets annoying, but makes the game how it is. :3

I agree with both of you! I guess it's really nice feature to the game and the only extremely inexcusable unorderables would be streetpass items and Japan exclusive content. Not everyone lives in a clustered, dense place like Tokyo or New York City - and it's weird to chase down another person who has a 3DS (lol).

Last edited:
Type game would be a lot easier, but also less unique. I only keep the ones I personally like. The rest I sell for bells. Also if you are worried about storage consider a secret storeroom for your house. The amount of space is a lot more.

- - - Post Merge - - -

The game would be a lot easier, but also less unique. I only keep the ones I personally like. The rest I sell for bells. Also if you are worried about storage consider a secret storeroom for your house. The amount of space is a lot more.

I was talking about the storage even WITH the secret storage room. I have that :)

i think they're a little annoying to obtain sometimes, such as the posts i've seen about the lotus pond recently :p but overall i think they add a nice touch to one's own personal game play! and they are fun to collect, if you like to collect items :)

Although they are frustrating to obtain, it adds an interactive addition to the game that wouldn't be there if you could just buy almost anything. Not everyone should be walking around with the entire 7/11 furniture series and sloppy set in their house. It makes owning items feel more exclusive and personal. I do think they should add more unorderable DLCs to every single country, however, instead of just focusing on Japan. For example, Japan gets 7/11 while we get McDonald's and Australia gets Hungry Jacks...? Maybe we could trade these series with other international players.

In fact, there should be a trading addition to the game. Like how on HHD you can review other people's houses by accessing the computer, that could be added to AC:NL but it could allow you to trade items. But that idea is for another thread... :p

I think that unorderables add to the game's longevity. In previous games I've always reached the point where I simply stop shopping because I have everything I want. New Leaf keeps me coming back to check out the Island shop, the museum shop, Harv's randomness, RV visits, visits to other towns to their RVs. I love the addition!

Unorderables stress me out, I always forget which are which and I fear I will accidentally throw one out, I like keeping my storage organized but those items make it so difficult.

Unorderables stress me out, I always forget which are which and I fear I will accidentally throw one out, I like keeping my storage organized but those items make it so difficult.

Exactly! I love them, but this SO MUCH. Can't they make it like a different style leaf or color?

I love them, I've never understood everyone else's storage problem to be honest. Either it looks good with my decor and it stays in my house or it goes. xD If everything would be orderable it would make the game too easy to be honest. I'm actually pretty annoyed with the fact that the ship in the bottle is now incredibly easy to get from some special character RV that visits your town without any amiibo... Do you know how much time I spent island hopping for that darn thing?! DO YOU?!

I keep unorderables in my secret storage, everything else is either sold or kept in normal storage. I started doing that after selling some sloppy furniture before realising I couldn't just order it again. Bah!

I could always resort to using different characters for sets or items I don't want to use but want to keep just in case, but even that is annoying. This game makes things really long:
> saving
> start screen
> isabelle's usual spheal (idk how to spell that) with the questions, and you MUST pay attention
> walking out the house
>[loading]
> walking back in the house, getting your stuff
> walking out
>[loading]
and more!
It's the same thing with dealing with those darn patterns/paths. I swear this game is about suffering lol.

I hoard unorderables. Before we got the option for the secret storage, I just dropped all of the unorderables in my house and once I unlocked the second floor to the museum, I'd place them in the exhibits on the second floor. but now that we have the secret storeroom, I put all my unorderables, rare items, etc in there until I unlock the second floor.

Same, I wound up just putting the unorderables in the same drawer so I don't mess up. I sold the lily player once on accident before I realized I couldn't just buy it again lol.

I really don't think about unorderables, so it wouldn't make much difference to me. The whole mannequin system is unnecessary, however.

Region exclusive unorderables make sense but having other items be unorderable is annoying.

If Nintendo made them orderable they wouldn't sell all the cards and figures.
Completed the Catalog badges along time ago and only buy pieces for my houses and for villagers gifts. My secret closet has replacement RV stuff for the villagers.

I'm not using coupons on items like the propane tank just to have it sit in my locker. Since the update I've been getting a lot of Harvey items from balloons. One of those was the propane tank. Others were items that the Boy villagers loved and placed in their houses.

Back