• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Multiples of a Species?

I do prefer all dogs myself. I really love the designs of the dogs, and I love the dogs in real life. More specifically I love the lazy dogs. Biskit, Walker, Bones, Lucky, Marcel, and Benjamin.

BRING BACK BOW!

I have an all ducks town and a ~whichever villagers i feel like~ town. I usually don't like towns that have 3+ of the same species, unless it's their theme (all cats, all wolves, whateva)

I have an all-bunny town, and a mostly hamster town, but my other town are a mixed bag.

I used to have a real thing for pairs of animals, it was seriously hindering my enjoyment of this game. If I wanted all the personalities I was very limited on who I could pick to live in my village. If I wanted Phoebe, I would have to pick another ostrich. If I wanted Sylvana, I needed another squirrel. I think this stemmed from wanting Chrissy, but also wanting Francine as they are sisters. So I had 2 rabbits living next to each other, and the rest being random animals seemed off to me.

I've since gotten over this, now I'm the complete opposite. I accidentally moved in pashmina, forgetting chevre is also a goat. Though I think I'll let pashmina stay as I had a very hard time deciding on an uchi type that would fit my town, and chevre is way too cute and close to my heart to get rid of.

It's nice having a variety of villager species. :)

I used to have two of some species, but just when they look different like Fauna and Erik, but now i prefer Variety in species so i can meet every of them.

I've got 9 deer villagers in one town, 7 cats in one town & 7 sheep in another, so I definitely tend to keep a majority of species in a town.

That happens to me all the time, involuntarily though. I currently have 3 sheep and 2 rabbits. The rest are different species.

I have all different villagers except for two elephants, Dizzy and Tia. I'm partial to keeping them both because I think they make a cute "couple" :) Aside from that, though, I generally tend to value having a variety of species. I have a wolf, a rabbit, a chicken, a rhino, a horse, a cat, an alligator, and a mouse.

To each their own.

That being said, I do have multiple of the same species. It's just so hard to choose only a single one from the species I like!

I have two frogs - Henry and Camofrog.

In the town that I had before I reset, I had two mice - Chadder and Bella - and two frogs - Wart Jr. and Jeramiah.

When I can I like to have a pair of each species (so 5 species total in my town) but I don't really care what the species are.

Up until recently I had 2 ostriches and 2 ducks. I still have the 2 ostriches and I'm trying to get a 2nd bunny at the moment.

Last edited:
I have 3 bunnies in one town. Bunnie, Doc and I can't remember the other :p

Back