• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Multiples of a Species?

Flare

Bells
Switch
7087-8935-1983
Do you have more than one villager of a specific species? (Dog, Cat, Duck, etc)

i don't mostly because I don't really like the idea of that, I kinda prefer sticking to a variety of Animals. :)

Last edited:
I do. I have 2 cats - Ankha and Kid Cat. :) I don't mind it so much, although I wouldn't want the whole town to consist of only 1 or 2 species.

I think the idea of a town consisting of 1 species is neat but no, I don't have any that are multiples of one species currently. I did have 2 horses (Colton and Peaches) and two pigs (peggy and agnes) once but one (Colton, peggy) moved out after time for both instances.

I have several towns and until last year I used to let the towns generate the villagers, the 10th spot being taken by a streetpass move in.
I was surprised that most of these towns would bring in another of the same species, so I have a town with 2 bunnies, another with 2 frogs. In fact I think every town has done this, although I still think its random, just luck, good or bad depending on how I feel.

The one I'm playing currently and all the villagers were game generated: 2 lions, 2 hippos, 1 rhino, 1 ostrich, 1 deer, 1 cat & 1 frog. The 10th was a stretpass move in - Whitney the wolf. I've forcibly moved out the frog and added another wolf. A sort of Out Africa feel to the town. (at a stretch).
Edit: all the villagers are originals, (as are all the pairs in other towns). This is the first town that has had a villager move, won't be the last, as this laissez faire method has also left me with duplicates (I have 3 Zells).

Last edited:
Four cats, three wolves, two deer one squirrel. xD In other words I really don't care, if I like a villager I like them and want them in my town. :)

As much as I don't like the idea of having 3 or more of the same (I'm okay with two), I can't resist having three awesome wolves in each of my town. I'll take that rather than having 3 of the same personalities (oh wait, I have three normal villagers). Screw that. I can take that but not four, five or more :p

My original dream villager list was incredibly versatile but somehow I ended up with 3 wolves and I don't want to give up either of them TuT

I like having more than one dog in my town. I like an extra wolf or cat too. I'd rather have villagers I like but a mix of personalities.

Generally I don't. Once I had Ankha and Kitty at the same time. Once I had two mice villagers, but I can't remember them. I thought, one of them was Limberg and one of them was Samson.

i have two wolves, two deer and two rabbits in one of my towns lol. in my other town i have no species doubles, though i haven't been able to figure out if it's cheating to have a bear and a cub, and an ape and a monkey but i'm letting it slide for now...

All of my villagers are different species, but I have 2 Normal villagers, 2 snooty villagers, 2 lazy villagers, and I haven't got any jock villagers (not great for PWPs) - plus they all say very similar things to each other, and I don't really know an easy way to get rid of a few of them.

The only thing I keep track of is the number of personality types so I have a nice broad option fro PWP requests. There are a few animal types I am not fond of though... particularly the gorillas, anteaters and octopi.

The only multiples I have are Peaches and Epona, both horses. I wanted to just have one but I couldn't choose to kick one out or not. so two it is c:

I usually don't mind have 2 of 1 species, but no more than that. I like as much variety in my town as possible.

Huh, I never really thought about it. I have three horses, two alligators, and two cats. I'm surprised I only have one squirrel. They are so cute. I should look for a second one. Or maybe try for Callie or Marie. I don't get why they aren't octopuses though.

I have two anteaters and two "ostriches", If you know me you know I'm a big fan of ostriches and anteaters so I'd be weird for me to have just one of each, right? lol.

Before I actually knew what dreamies were, it never used to matter to me but after I started compiling my list of dreamies I found it a bit weird to have villagers of the same species, as I feel like they're the same villager just with a different face. Personally I like having variation, it makes my town feel more alive. However, if I have multiples of a species, it's usually the rabbits as I don't mind too much having multiples of them since they're my favourites.

Back