• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

sometimes I wish I could swear on this forum

Koopa K

Bells
The Bell Tree Fair 2017 Patch
The Bell Tree Fair 2016 Patch
Father's Day Carnation
Tasty Cake
Tasty Cake
Easter Egg
image.jpgimage.jpg

LOOK ATVTHIS CRAP WHAT THE HECK DIANA WHAT THE HECK YOU HAD ONE DANG JOB (my mayor is giving a middle finger, you can't tell but she is)

Oh noo! :( You should have put patterns everywhere so she couldn't move there! Hopefully you can find a way to work around it!!

Aww.. that sucks when that happens.. hopefully you can work around it? Best of luck;

I'll make it work (my life motto, besides "never do today what you can put off until tomorrow," is "we'll make it fit") but stillll

also thanks arize for Diana

Oh that sucks! I'm sorry that happened. Put paths down so this won't happen again. And I suggest plot resetting from now on to prevent this in the future.

It's always that ONE time you forget to plot reset that messes up everything. that happened to me earlier in my town when Portia decided to plop her house down in spot where I didn't want it.

Uhhhhhg no. I feel your pain. Why do they always go by town hall -_-

I was playing around where to plot my 4th characters tent when plot resetting today and COULD NOT BELIEVE that I can squeeze a players house in between Re-Tail to the South and the Town Hall to the North . There's only one square to stand on when talking to Nook that works but just enough space.

So immediately after I placed paths ALLLLLLLL over that area. No villager here no way!

I was so shocked - Diana what were you thinking?!

I think its workable, plot doesn't look as if its right in front of the door, but to one side and a little away - I have seen photos of plots right up against the plaza (well I presume one space away) & right in front of the door.

I'm surprised at how tight a space a villager can squeeze into as well - I got one plotting between an alt house and the sea cliff - so tight I thought I was safe & hadn't protected it, lost hybrids. Now I plot reset if I have 3 characters but my older towns have 4 so its a case of patterning a lot of the town - didn't take as long as I thought (as a rough guide its a tile in every 3x 3 plot) but I took it lower than that to be safe.

Ahhh that sucks. Hope you find a clever way to landscape around her. For the past couple months I've only been adopting villagers from the campsite, which takes at least a day to pack and move in. However, one time I adopted a villager on the forum and forgot they move in the next day... so Cally moved in a random spot in town. :< Luckily I had a lot of patterns on the floor and she moved into an acceptable location (basically not on a path :p)

Next time, try not to forget to put down paths and make sure that you're aware when they're gonna move in. Another way to prevent it is by TT'ing right away to the move-in date after inviting the villager and putting down paths so you'll never have to worry about the next day or the coming days. I'm not encouraging you to TT if you never do it, but yeah, in that case, I think it's better to prioritize the moving villager right away (if you think you're going to be busy or just being forgetful haha) instead of dealing with random plots. Still it could be remedied by scanning amiibo cards to move them out.

That really sucks. It also happened to me. When I am to lacy to plot reset because I know for sure there is no other space than the villager plot I am changing. And still they can find a spot where there was no pattern on the floor.

I do plot reset, but the one time I forget

This just recently happened with me when I summoned Ketchup and asked her to move into my town. I was like, "oh she'll move in a good place I'm sure, I have paths all over my town, there's a few good spots for her to move in"

Where does she plot her house? RIGHT in front of mine. Really? Out of all places.. ughhh luckily you're cute Ketchup.

Ugh, I've had a couple of bad house placements before. It made me start plot resetting. I definitely try to do it if I get a villager from the forum. It is the random move ins that are more annoying.
Why didn't you put patterns on the places you don't want a villager to move in? ._:

Patterns stop houses? I thought only pwps did.

Ugh, I've had a couple of bad house placements before. It made me start plot resetting. I definitely try to do it if I get a villager from the forum. It is the random move ins that are more annoying.

Patterns stop houses? I thought only pwps did.

Since the new amiibo update, paths/patterns stop house placements now.

Back