• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Do you like Mayonnaise?

Do you like mayo?

• Yes

Votes: 124 68.5%
  • No

Votes: 57 31.5%

• Total voters
lets just say i would happily bathe in a tub of mayo

Yes, but not on everything and not all the time.

- - - Post Merge - - -

lets just say i would happily bathe in a tub of mayo

That actually reminds me of an episode of Here Comes Honey Boo Boo that me and my mom watched back in 2014 (although it may have aired earlier, sometime in 2012 or 2013 possibly) where Mama June was afraid of mayonnaise, so Alana literally filled up the family's bathtub with it to scare her mom.

Sometimes, when I'm hungry but too lazy/stressed to make anything, I'll spread some mayo on bread and eat it like that. :lemon:

So yeah, I like mayo. :>

Mostly on sandwiches, but yes, I rather enjoy mayo. Even on some kinds of sandwiches other people think are weird, like pulled pork sandwiches. To me, mayo and barbecue sauce go together really well on a sandwich full of pork or chicken.

I voted no but I can tolerate a little bit if it's mixed with stuff

Yes, but only in small amounts. It's good for tuna salad or sandwiches and maybe some other dishes. If it's by itself, no thanks. :p

Yes, but not too much. It's amazing on hot dogs and it's especially yummy to mix with ketchup to dip French fries in.

Im dutch and in the Netherlands we drown our french fries and other food in Mayo. So yeah sure I like mayonnaise, but im not as crazy about it as some people are.

I love mayonnaise - especially with fish. Tastes fantastic in sandwiches, burgers, most ways of serving potatoes, etc.

I'm quite the fussy eater. I don't like mayo as a dip and I only like it on a chicken burger or on chips mixed with ketchup i'm scum i know

Actually, let me elaborate. I hate it on its own but the only way I'd eat it is mixed with ketchup. We used to make these "surullos" idk how to say it in English but it's just like fried corn flour shaped into little cylinders and you dip them into that I used to eat that almost everyday and sometimes even for breaksfast I loved it and I still do occasionally eat that for breakfast :rolleyes:

Mayonnaise is magical food glue. This is a fact.
Add seasonings to mayonnaise and it makes a super fancy "aioli."
Add mayo to any protein and you have a "salad ex: tuna salad, egg salad, chicken salad, etc.
Binds stuff amazingly, adds creamy and saltiness to anything, dilutes hot sauce so my kitten tongue can eat it.
It's seriously so freaking great.

I enjoy mayo.
There was a comment earlier about liking japanese mayo and that made me wonder about how mayo can be so different even though it's just oil, egg, and vinegar (usually). But I suppose characteristics can change depending on ingredient sources ~

I'm a big fan of condiments though. I enjoy most if not all of them, and over time I've come to decide what foods warrant what sauces.
Steak fries, for instance, are great with mayo, but I like waffle fries better with ketchup ~

EDIT:
I forgot to mention, I've done the vanilla pudding in a Mayo jar prank (albeit with white chocolate pudding instead). I would recommend. It's a very fun social experiment.

Last edited:
I enjoy mayo.
There was a comment earlier about liking japanese mayo and that made me wonder about how mayo can be so different even though it's just oil, egg, and vinegar (usually). But I suppose characteristics can change depending on ingredient sources ~.

Japanese mayo is sweet, it's almost like miracle whip and mayonnaise had a baby, but in a good way? It's hard to explain, and unless you've tried it it's hard to describe. But yeah, it's sweeter. Kewpie is delicious though, I've been meaning to buy a few bottles.

I've used kewpie, haha. And yeah it is sweeter. I remember using it for a sandwich once thinking it wouldn't taste too different, but it surprised me. Unfortunately I didn't like it then, but I think it's just cause I wasn't expecting it.

But I use kewpie when making sushi. It makes great sauces for different rolls ~

Back