• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Life pro tips/life hacks

nostalgibra

slave to the vaporwave
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Poptart Easter Egg
July Birthstone (Ruby)
Peach (Fruit)
Peach (Fruit)
Mother's Day Carnation
Mother's Day Carnation
Cake
Cake
Cake
Cake
What are some tips you guys have about basically anything?

Mine is if you have hiccups, just get a big spoonful of peanut butter and make sure to over-chew it (something about stimulating the muscles in your throat) and swallow it hard, and the hiccups will stop immediately. It's never failed me yet, and as a person with a bad stomach I get them a lot.

Never ever pull allnighters for exams. At a certain point you will stop actually learning and be unable to remember what you're studying. Also mental performance drops significantly after being awake for 20 hours.

Practice relaxation daily. If you suffer from anxiety, taking a moment to breathe is very important. Listen to a song you really like or that calms you down and immerse yourself in it. Even those 3 minutes will help.

When starting a diet, don't cut out food, start by adding more plants. When dieting the best thing to do it to add healthy options instead of cutting what you're eating. Start your meal with some fruit or vegetables and then eat what you usually do. keep this up until half your meal is vegetables and you find yourself eating healthy.

Be patient. You're growing. Your body is growing. There is plenty of time, don't be too hard on yourself ~

When cooking with lemons, use the lemon halves to clean your microwave. Pour boiling water over the lemon halves in a microwave safe bowl then cook for 5 minutes. The steam loosens all the particles making it easier to scrub off, it'll also make your microwave smell good.

Last edited:
if you just cried and you have to go out, or you have puffy eyes/double eyelids and you dislike it, put water on your index finger and swipe it over your eyelids, and leave it until the water evaporates and the puffy eyes go away.

the water cools the blood vessels in your eyelids, causing them to go away, and it is def a lifesaver :)

If your hair is frizzing, take a dryer sheet and gently rub it on the frizz. It should tame it and make it smell good. C:

-whenever you get that store-bought brownie mix, buy some chocolate chips as well. and put them in the mix. 100% better brownies guaranteed

-if you ever get stung by a sting ray on the foot, you can get rid of the venom by putting your foot in water as hot as you can stand it. happened to my cousin, i don't think he even went to a hospital

-adding cheese ravioli to mac n cheese or spaghetti is awesome

-if you get attacked by an alligator and dragged in to the water, try to poke its eyes, that's the most vulnerable part of an alligator

-if you're on a diet, drinking water when you are hungry can suppress the hunger if it's not breakfast time/lunch time/dinner time

-whenever you get that store-bought brownie mix, buy some chocolate chips as well. and put them in the mix. 100% better brownies guaranteed

-if you ever get stung by a sting ray on the foot, you can get rid of the venom by putting your foot in water as hot as you can stand it. happened to my cousin, i don't think he even went to a hospital

-adding cheese ravioli to mac n cheese or spaghetti is awesome

-if you get attacked by an alligator and dragged in to the water, try to poke its eyes, that's the most vulnerable part of an alligator

-if you're on a diet, drinking water when you are hungry can suppress the hunger if it's not breakfast time/lunch time/dinner time

Thanks for sharing! The drinking water bullet point is legit. If my stomach ever started growling in the middle of class, I'd drink lots of water to trick itself into becoming full to shut it up.

If your hair is frizzing, take a dryer sheet and gently rub it on the frizz. It should tame it and make it smell good. C:

Do most people own these? Want to try this but I've never done laundry so idk what we have

Laundry sheets are good for picking up dust and cleaning the shower handle or any door nob nicely

Life hack. Playing Animal Crossing is a good way to stay stress free ^-^

I honestly can't think of any though... I do know it's easier to peel a banana from the bottom though :/

if you want to take your nail polish of your nails but you dont have a nail polish remover , try using transparent nail polish

Back