• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Can we expect a New Animal Crossing game announcement this E3?

Honestly I'm not sure it will be E3, but it will be sometime between now and mid 2018. The purpose of the mobile apps was to increase interaction with the games according to an interview I saw, so I think they're waiting to announce AC Switch and the app close to each other. Obviously one or both weren't ready for presentation yet, which is why they delayed the app.

I'm thinking there is a 50% chance it will be announced at e3. 98% chance it will be announced at or sometime between the January Direct and e3.

I'm torn. I really want a new game for the Switch - it has amazing potential and the graphics are fantastic so could you imagine how an even more modern AC game would look? Buuut I can't afford a switch and I definitely can't afford the online subscription thing. And the Welcome Amiibo update was so enormous I'm not sure how likely it is that they would announce a new game so soon (even if it was several months back it was still massive).

I think it's likely too, since there wasn't one for the Wii U and if anything, announcing a new animal crossing game will definitely boost sales even higher. I definitely think there's a possibility but if not sometime soon. I don't think they'd just leave the series at new leaf considering it's one of Nintendo's most recognised franchises. They must still care enough about the series to make another game, since they've updated it and have continued to release merch for it for the most part.

You gotta take into account that the Switch is still very, very hard to find. If they can't get the console into the hand of the consumer fast enough, then they might hold back on further big announcements until they can meet demand; i.e. Pokemon Stars, Smash Bros. Switch and of course Animal Crossing.

I want to be wrong and they give us a short teaser showing what the game will look like next week, but realistically I don't see it happening this year.

I think it's definitely within the realm of possibility. It has now been four years plus since the release of the last mainline Animal Crossing game. However, one shouldn't necessarily "expect" it.

The one thing is that there's also a mobile Animal Crossing game being developed and I wonder if they'll show that at E3.

I hope they've put effort into a new Animal Crossing and not just the mobile game which will inevitably be something that should be avoided. I hate to talk that way, but I've seen how mobile games work. A game like Animal Crossing being translated into that microtransaction format can only go bad.

Nothing is certain with Nintendo unfortunately. I think we are just about overdue for a new title. I'm glad that the welcome Amiibo update spurred new interest, but I also don't see them bringing it back to home consoles after all this time. It's more likely that we'll get an update on Nintendo's mobile plans and how AC fits into them.

I'm sure we will get an AC game for Switch at some point but it might not be announced for a while due to Switch shortages as mentioned previously and the Welcome Amiibo update.

I love playing Breath of the Wild on Switch and I'm sure AC will be just as great.

I'd like it to be announced even if it won't be released for a year or two. If they announce it though, I'd like more teasers of things in the game than what they did with New Leaf. There was the announcement with that and no other information for a while. I'd just like to know it's coming so I know when to buy the Switch, because as of now, there are only 2 games I want for it and I'm not paying that much just to play 2 games I like, but don't love like Animal Crossing.

i sincerely hope so, if it was their only game i would be totally satisfied. main series, HD switch animal crossing. but knowing my luck it will be amiibo festival 2,....

Back