• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Can we expect a New Animal Crossing game announcement this E3?

Piezahummy

Ravioli Monster ♥
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
New Leaf Token
Isabelle
Poptart Easter Egg
Holiday Candy Cane 2016
Winter Mittens
Jack
Jingle Christmas Doll
Kapp'n Christmas Doll
Timmy Christmas Doll
Ice Cream Swirl (TBT Beach Party)
I think it's really likely.
We didn't have a main game for the Wii U.
We have high resolution models for practically everything in the Animal Crossing Plaza and Amiibo Festival games.
I'm almost certain we'll get an announcement this year, or maybe even a release this year, but I'm not sure about that.
What do you think?

I seriously doubt it, and I honestly kind of hope they don't release a new one yet. The Welcome Amiibo update basically just came out, so I don't think that's going to happen yet. I hope they take their time with the next game like they did with New Leaf. Now, what I could see happening is a visually upgraded port of Welcome Amiibo coming to the Switch in a year or two, perhaps with more returning villagers and maybe some other new features, but based on New Leaf's architecture and so on.

I'm thinking (or rather hoping) it doesn't go fully mobile. They announced the other day that ac mobile is still in development but no mention of a home console one. It would be nice if they combined 2 so the app would be somewhat of a database and allow you to transfer stuff between the home console version on the go. But then that negates the portability of the switch entirely.

With how the switch is (portable), if an ac game releases on it, we won't need new leaf anymore or a mobile version. So the sadness of this is realising that releasing an ac game on the switch would be very bad for all their other mediums.

No, I don't think so personally. With the mobile game coming sometime in the next year, I think Nintendo will hold off on dropping the Animal Crossing Switch announcement for the inevitable Direct that will focus on the AC mobile game, much like they did with Fire Emblem recently.

And don't worry about the mobile game being the full AC experience. Nintendo has made it clear that their mobile games are simply going to be flags of sort, a means of funneling new gamers from their phones into a 3DS or Switch. Mario Run and Fire Emblem Heroes are both examples of "Like what you see? Then get the full experience on Switch!". Nintendo never intended for their mobile games to compete in any way with actual games, so there's really no need to worry about whatever Animal Crossing Mobile might end up as, which will more than likely be one of those stupid "tap and build" town building-type games.

i think there is a pretty good chance of it personally, it has been quite awhile since new leaf came out and the welcome amiibo update shouldnt really be an excuse to delay the game for a long time because really it doesnt do that much that shouldnt have been in game already XD and im pretty sure the mobile game is being made to work with the upcoming game and not new leaf at least thats what would make the most sense if you think about it

so i do expect to hear something about it and think itll be out sometime next year

I sure do hope so! But then again....I hope not because I am considering buying a cheap new 3DS to cycle and get streetpass items...I also purchased the Sanrio cards!

I would like to think so, I'd be down for Animal Crossing on the Switch. Maybe they'll announce it like they did with New Leaf in 2011? I think it was & then take 2 more years before releasing it.

I would like to think so, I'd be down for Animal Crossing on the Switch. Maybe they'll announce it like they did with New Leaf in 2011? I think it was & then take 2 more years before releasing it.

I hope they do this too.

I personally am not expecting something to come out anytime soon though, with the mobile game and the amiibo update back in the Fall/Winter, I think thats a sign in itself that a new full game won't be out anytime soon. But thats my opinion.

They might release details on the mobile game, if that is what the AC team is focusing on (though I thought they contracted some of the work to a third party). Nintendo might be in the process of figuring out who their demographics currently are before releasing Animal Crossing on the Switch. It is also noted that Nintendo has said these games are difficult to localize, so they got to keep that in mind when making any updates or changes.

Who's developing the mobile one? Is it the AC team or was it outsourced to another?

probably just the mobile app will be shown off not a full game, then again anything could happen. i think they'll release a full new game somewhere in 2018 for the switch. idk tho i hope it releases right before summer sometime lol. as much as i want another 3ds animal crossing it probs won't happen

Who's developing the mobile one? Is it the AC team or was it outsourced to another?

It's being developed by DeNA, who are also making the Fire Emblem mobile app. Monolith Soft develops the main-series games (and Happy Home Designer, though amiibo Festival was developed by Nd Cube).

I think they should announce the mobile game, and tease a new Animal Crossing for the Switch game in it.

Last edited:
I'm interested to see what they are going to do with this mobile app, and although I've got a million ideas of what it could be like I'm assuming its not going to be too amazing. As far as Animal Crossing for the Switch, I really hope they do make one, but I can't afford to buy a switch and a game right now so for entirely selfish reasons I hope they hold it off until I've finished saving!

Well I mean, it's probably a good 2-3 years off anyway. An announcement that it's coming would be nice though.

The idea of an Animal Crossing mobile game worries me, especially what kind of game it will become. I just hope it doesn't end up being a "build-a-city" type of game like Farmville or Dragon City that decays after a while. The whole idea of it seems too probable.

God I hope so. I would be happy with a Switch AC and nothing else. I think there is a pretty decent chance of it happening, since there was no game on the Wii U. The switch is like the perfect console for AC, too. Gotta keep my fingers crossed and hope Nintendo comes through!

I think they keep it as a surprise for E3. I almost kinda hope they will not announce it because then I have to save up for a Switch :rolleyes:

Back