• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Are you straight?

:o

• Yah.

Votes: 112 45.2%
  • Nah.

Votes: 116 46.8%
  • Undecided.

Votes: 20 8.1%

• Total voters
and what is scary about straights?

srs answer: straight (and cis) people are the people who are violent and hateful towards the lgbt community and lgbt people grow up being afraid of them and what they do to people like us because of our sexualities or gender identities. constantly being in an environment where you are at risk of being bullied, beaten, ridiculed or in any other way a victim of violence or discrimination makes you wary of being open about your identity. fearing straight people is not irrational, it is something lgbt people have to do because every single lgbt person has been, have known somebody, or have heard of somebody who was a victim of a hate crime and/or homophobia/transphobia and believe it or not but straight cis people are actually the people who most commonly do these things :'o
yes, there are straight people who aren't homophobic or transphobic and who would never hurt someone because of their sexuality or gender identity. yay gold stars to them or whatever lmao but there is no way for lgbt people to know what someone is like concerning lgbt issues so it's not weird to be afraid of Potential Bad Straights.
there are people who will be like "omg but if i'm afraid of gay people i'm a homophobe so this is heterophobia!!!!???!?!?!?" yea no because gay people are murdered for being gay and straight people feel attacked because suddenly they're supposed to not be asshats to other people lol.

I don't mean that i am afraid of every single cishet individual i meet, that's not it. but straight and cis people are scary because of homophobia and transphobia.

now, what i wrote was mostly a joke because someone wrote something that basically said "omg there are too many lgbt people in the world and it scares my fragile straightie heart!!" and that's stupid because there is no reason to be scared or upset that half the people in a thread on an animal crossing forum have voted that they aren't straight. farther back in the thread there were people who basically said that straight people were a minority and were all whiny about it, which is why i mentioned the Poor, Oppressed Straight Minority Of The Bell Tree Forums and offered my sympathies to this group that is so terribly mistreated. (again, this is not serious, straight people aren't victims of hate on tbt and people with other sexualities existing does not count as oppression against straight people.)

what i'd like 2 write but bc you seem to b confused abt it i won't keep the joke going bc it gets weird but i still want 2 write it: i am heterophobic ?????? ?? uwu'''''

well I'm straight and not like that to lgbts, but really lgbts have to learn to deal with those kind of straights because there will always be people that are against lgbt and billions of religious people in the world. Not much you can do about it but just be with people that support you. Not everyone will just accept and respect you, people are different and there's harmful people but you need to avoid, America is probably the most lgbt-accepting country I guess that's the most acceptance you can get there.

But really, I don't find much people to be homophobic or something that bad unless they are highly religious or think lgbts are the worst thing in the universe, lots of people don't really care about them (like me) or accept it. So don't be so fearful of getting killed or something but don't expect everyone to like you as well.

lmao
lmao
lmao
lmao
lmao
lmao
lmao

homophobia and transphobia isnt about not being liked. you can't b like " o yea this isnt homophobic or transphobic" if youre cishet lol, sure you can have an opinion but it doesn't matter. lgbt people already have to deal with straight people like that and like this. america is definitely not the most accepting country of lgbt people, like really Not. and i think people will stop having to worry about being murdered when cis and straight people stop murdering people for being lgbt

lmao
lmao
lmao
lmao
lmao
lmao
lmao

homophobia and transphobia isnt about not being liked. you can't b like " o yea this isnt homophobic or transphobic" if youre cishet lol, sure you can have an opinion but it doesn't matter. lgbt people already have to deal with straight people like that and like this. america is definitely not the most accepting country of lgbt people, like really Not. and i think people will stop having to worry about being murdered when cis and straight people stop murdering people for being lgbt
Agree with this. @the other post You can say it doesn't offend you, but you can't decide whether something hurts other people. Discrimination exists and progress is only made when people stand together against it.

Last edited:
Straight? Who's she?

For real though... I'm not straight and I'm damn well proud.

im pretty sure i'm straight
i.... think?
i'm kinda unsure if i've ever loved someone

Wow... I had no idea the LGBT community was this big here. It's actually perfectly 50/50 with straight people! That's quite interesting. I guess it's because people are very accepting here.

I don't label myself as straight, gay or anything. I'm just me. :)

I have nothing at all against the LGBT community. They are people just like everyone else. It's not my job to judge them. I treat them as I would like to be treated: with respect.

Last edited:
hail no

well I'm straight and not like that to lgbts, but really lgbts have to learn to deal with those kind of straights because there will always be people that are against lgbt and billions of religious people in the world. Not much you can do about it but just be with people that support you. Not everyone will just accept and respect you, people are different and there's harmful people but you need to avoid, America is probably the most lgbt-accepting country I guess that's the most acceptance you can get there.

But really, I don't find much people to be homophobic or something that bad unless they are highly religious or think lgbts are the worst thing in the universe, lots of people don't really care about them (like me) or accept it. So don't be so fearful of getting killed or something but don't expect everyone to like you as well.

just for the record this is pretty callous stuff to say when you have no idea what it's like to experience homophobia

Back