:o

• Yah.

Votes: 112 45.2%
  • Nah.

Votes: 116 46.8%
  • Undecided.

Votes: 20 8.1%

• Total voters
just for the record this is pretty callous stuff to say when you have no idea what it's like to experience homophobia

This. All of this. I have had several homophobic friends and family members and coming out to a homophobic friend, as a bisexual, was bad enough, and it was even worse for my best friend, who is gay. I can't even imagine what it will be like when I do to my homophobic, Southern Baptist family.

well I'm straight and not like that to lgbts, but really lgbts have to learn to deal with those kind of straights because there will always be people that are against lgbt and billions of religious people in the world. Not much you can do about it but just be with people that support you. Not everyone will just accept and respect you, people are different and there's harmful people but you need to avoid, America is probably the most lgbt-accepting country I guess that's the most acceptance you can get there.

But really, I don't find much people to be homophobic or something that bad unless they are highly religious or think lgbts are the worst thing in the universe, lots of people don't really care about them (like me) or accept it. So don't be so fearful of getting killed or something but don't expect everyone to like you as well.

In general, it's not wise to say stuff like that on a thread like this. You'll only cause trouble for yourself. ?\_(?_?)_/?

America is probably the most lgbt-accepting country

This might be the funniest thing I've read all day.

Anyways, people have already said what I would have except: LGBT is an adjective, not a noun. People arent "LGBTs". We are LGBT people.

lol I knew I would come back here and see people complaining about what I said. But seriously not everyone is gonna accept you, that's the way it is

We know, thanks. I think the way you said it was a little.. rude? It probably wouldn't have been that bad if you hadn't referred to us as "LGBTs". It was a bit demeaning, even though I don't think you meant for it to be. Just advice for the future, don't use that.

** edit **

Also, the United States is NOT the most LGBT friendly. The US just voted AGAINST the U.N. ban on the death penalty for homosexuality. So, there's that.

Last edited:
lol I knew I would come back here and see people complaining about what I said. But seriously not everyone is gonna accept you, that's the way it is

If you want to be a LGBT ally instead of seeing this as people "complaining" about what you said, take it as a learning experience on how to check the homophobic behaviour you have. We're all LGBT people telling you what you're saying is offensive. Saying we're just "complaining" only says you don't actually care about LGBT peoples' feelings unless we coddle you.

"Not everyone is gonna accept you" is not the attitude to have if you actually care about us. You should be wanting that to change because, as dramatic as it sounds, it's literally killing us.

yeah i mean you saying questionable things is only your own fault, people disagreeing with you isn't uhhh attacking you or whatever

- - - Post Merge - - -

If you want to be a LGBT ally instead of seeing this as people "complaining" about what you said, take it as a learning experience on how to check the homophobic behaviour you have. We're all LGBT people telling you what you're saying is offensive. Saying we're just "complaining" only says you don't actually care about LGBT peoples' feelings unless we coddle you.

"Not everyone is gonna accept you" is not the attitude to have if you actually care about us. You should be wanting that to change because, as dramatic as it sounds, it's literally killing us.
she literally wrote that she doesnt care about The LGBTs tho so idk i guess she doesnt ?\_(ツ)_/?

Last edited:

THIS. Thiiiis. Thank you for putting down what my brain wanted me to say, was too fumed last night to keep going.

damn is this ****in thread STILL circulating?? christ

well I'm straight and not like that to lgbts, but really lgbts have to learn to deal with those kind of straights because there will always be people that are against lgbt and billions of religious people in the world. Not much you can do about it but just be with people that support you. Not everyone will just accept and respect you, people are different and there's harmful people but you need to avoid, America is probably the most lgbt-accepting country I guess that's the most acceptance you can get there.

But really, I don't find much people to be homophobic or something that bad unless they are highly religious or think lgbts are the worst thing in the universe, lots of people don't really care about them (like me) or accept it. So don't be so fearful of getting killed or something but don't expect everyone to like you as well.
jesus christ where do i start
so you're saying we just have to grin and bear it? you dont think that things should change so people can be proud of their sexuality without being in constant fear of being killed?
really? because i think thats actually sweden.
iii honestly have no ****ing response to this?? like literally, nice to know you dont give a **** about us or the **** we go through on a day to day basis.
well damn i dont like some people but that doesnt mean i refuse to accept their orentation? damn

next time you try to write a "uwu just deal with it!!!" speech, try and find out what we actually go through first thanks :)

Eh, we can never have a peaceful thread. That's a shame, has anybody ever heard of the phrase "if you have nothing nice to say then do not say anything at all"? (I sound like an elderly person I know, shut up.)

If you say crap like this then expect a negative reaction and if you plan to say crap like this, knowing that it will upset people unnecessarily then please keep it to yourself. This post in short is: "I'm phobic of minority sexualities and identities, and YOU have to accept it". Having an opinion is fine and dandy but if you honestly think that you wont have people who retaliate with harsh words, then please educate yourself on the struggles WE have faced as a community, when someone in OUR community is hurt WE stand up for what's right and WE always will.

Our history is truly depressing and many of us have been killed and abused because of who we are, we will never accept those who hurt us.

"LGBTS"? What are LGBTS? Lesbian gay bisexual transgenders? That isn't possible and as someone pointed out it's not a noun, it's an adjective. You would know that if you were actually educated on what you were talking about, which seems to be the problem these days. There always has to be those people who feel the need to say idiotic things which upset people and they wonder why they upset people. A great idea would be to keep it to yourself next time.

You don't care about us or accept us yet you feel the need to comment on us, why is that?

----

Btw, I'm gay but I've also had long periods of time were I was asexual so I don't put labels on my sexuality. :)

Last edited:
I find it quite interesting that the number of gay/bi people is slight higher than the number of straight people. Good for you, being honest about your sexuality!

I find it quite interesting that the number of gay/bi people is slight higher than the number of straight people. Good for you, being honest about your sexuality!

I honestly for the longest time denied my bisexuality, although growing up in a homophobic family didn't help. It was less than two years ago that I even accepted myself for it. Eventually, I will work up the courage to come out to my parents.

Back