• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

amiibo Festival Opinions you have about amiibo Festival, but you've never played it before!

Captain James

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Small Mailbox
Holiday Candy Cane 2016
uhhhhhh

I wanted animal crossing for the wii u despite me not knowing how games are made how long they take to make and the fact that the wii u suckd.

Please leave other interesting information here.

-Captain

I've played it and I don't hate it, but I'll be the first to admit it's a bad game. I understood from the get go that it was a spin off, and I get some people think they were robbed of an Animal Crossing game on the Wii U, but realistically, at that point the Wii U was already on its way out so there really wasn't any point in making one. My wistful thinking is that they were already developing the game but decided to move it over to the Switch. New Leaf ended development in early-mid 2012, so I do find it hard to believe the Animal Crossing team hasn't been working on a main series game in any capacity for 3 years at the time of amiibo Festival's release, especially since Animal Crossng is now probably one of Nintendo's top 5 franchises ;)

The only complaint I have about the game is that it was over priced as heck when it first released. Other than that I have no issues with it. I totally understand why some people hate the game, but the way I see it, it's done and dusted, and there isn't anything you can do so you may as well enjoy what you got given, even if it is a bad game.

I can understand why people hate it: they didn't get a main series game, and people felt like they were robbed.

But as Jake said, I believe they probably ported it to the Switch.

Honestly, in my opinion, it's a really cute game, and I kind of want it. It might as well be a rainy day killer..

(edited out post merge)

Last edited:
It doesn't look bad, but I don't have a Wii or friends to play with.

Seen some play throughs and it looks like a good "family game night" game.

Last edited:
For graphics, it succeeded in keeping the Animal Crossing vibe. It's just too bad it didn't offer anything else of substance in terms of gameplay.

Tbh, I feel like it's just a filler game until they come out with an actual AC game like new leaf.

I find it silly when people bash the game without ever playing. It's actually a pretty cute game to chill with. It's definitely more fun when you're playing with friends. There's things that Nintendo did not inform us about this game when it came out which was a big marketing mistake on them. There's so much misinformation about this game.

- You can use amiibo cards on the board game. I believe you have to play the board game once to unlock this mode. (The first time you play this game, it'll automatically make you play the current month the WiiU is set on. After playing once, you unlock all the months.) There's an option where you can change whoever you want to live on the board map. If you have HHD and designed their house using that card, the exterior will pass onto amiibo festival. If the villager is not the host, you can use the amiibo cards to roll instead of the amiibo figures (you still need amiibo figures to play). Each villager has a die # on their amiibo card so if you have a certain # you want to roll, try with the villagers; it's not guaranteed you'll get their roll but it's possible.

- No board map is the same. Almost everyone's maps I've seen has a different map like main AC games.

- You can put up PWPs and permanent buildings on the board map and they create new pathways for the board map.

- Villager birthdays are celebrated. If the villager is hosting, they'll announce it and it'll be a space you can land on for happy pints or bells. If it's a non-host, it'll still be celebrated by landing on happy/sad spaces; the game will still trigger a happening.

- After you collect all 4 stamps, you can still go to Lloid for extra stamps & happy points.

- Stalk market is a game changer. You can use the amiibo cards and the NPC events to heighten your chances of winning.

- If you need to rack up cards to unlock things, unlock the quiz show first. It's the fastest way to unlock everything. If you're trying to unlock the amiibo figures' outfits, use all of them instead of playing with computer characters.

- Each amiibo figure has 6 outfits to unlock and play as. They're all adorably hilarious.

The game is more like a mix of Fortune Street and Candyland so if you like either of those games, you'll probably like amiibo festival. :)

Back