• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

do you own a Nintendo Switch?

No. I was going to get one for my birthday in a few weeks time, but after giving it some thought decided to put the money towards my trip to Berlin next week instead.

Right now I'm not really feeling much urge to buy one.

Nope, though I had thought about it when BotW was very close to release. In the end I decided against it, there's really not much going for the console right now that I'm interested in, so I'm just going to wait and see what happens. The only thing that's going to get me excited about the Switch is a new Metroid, and I'm kind of skeptical about when we'll see one at this rate.

No, and seeing all the issues people have had with them, the excessive cost of games, and the lack of relatively new and exciting content (besides Zelda), I probably won't. Maybe once the prices are a lot lower and the issues with them have been resolved, maybe? But only if I have spare money to throw around

I agree with you completely. It just looks and feels cheap and rushed. It's not worth its price either. I'm avoiding the bullet with this.

No - not yet - We were planning on it but there was such a frenzy with pre-orders and then local stores not meeting pre-orders I just feel like waiting a little longer until there is more availability. I'm not going to sit in the rain to get one.

Honestly I'm more excited about the 2DSXL I can't wait for July :)

I hope everyone who has a Switch is enjoying Breath of the Wild - I'm waiting to play it on the Switch

I got mine on launch solely for Breath of the Wild. It's not smart spending, but I knew that I was never going to revisit the game if I got it on Wii U. I'd rather have it on the go as well. I'm having a lot of fun with mine so far, no issues besides my family constantly wanting to play it.

I bought one at launch. I don't want the first switch to be overused so I got another a month after. Besides, I consider myself a bit of a collector so that's my excuse (reason) for getting them.

Last edited:
I was in Target yesterday and they had eight of them in stock. I didn't think twice! I picked one up with Mario Kart 8. I have Breath of the Wild on the way in the mail. :) I wasn't going to overpay for one or go hunting for it, so I was expecting to wait longer.

Yes I own one. Playing Mario Kart 8 right now. I love it to death, more than my PS4 even.

God, i swear. literally almost every of my friends have a Nintendo switch even my boyfriend. im planning to buy one myself but i dont see myself playing the switch a lot if i bought it because i did a search on the games that are released for the console and also the future releases and none of the games interest me at all. It'll just sit there collecting dust.

Then don't waste your money on it. If you can admit that now after looking at its 2017 release schedule, then you need to hold off on a purchase and not be a "Me too!" because you will end up regretting it right now.

I have one. Mostly, it's my husband playing it. He has Breath of the Wild and is thoroughly enjoying his time at that. We got Mario Kart for it yesterday though, and we had fun playing that together. I'm mostly waiting for Odyssey, Yooka-Laylee, and Animal Crossing (which I am only assuming will be on this system).

Bought it bc I never got the Wii U and I'm super hype for splatoon and FE and maybe ARMS if it seems promising, already got MK8DX ofc
oh and odyssey but that's ages away rip

Last edited:
i got it for breath of the wild since i don't have a wii u. it's the only game i have for it rn but i plan on getting splatoon, fire emblem and xenoblade

I definitely would get it if Harvest Moon came out on it, because that means other games are definitely gonna pop up.

I got it and I love it :D
It worked out great for me because there's quite a few games I really want to get (Splatoon 2, Xenoblade Chronicles 2, whatever the Fire Emblem game they'll be working on is, Fire Emblem Warriors and Mario Odyssey, to name a few) and of course I was dying to get Breath Of The Wild too, so for me it was definitely worth it. Plus, if they do end up doing a new Animal Crossing game on it too, that'll be a plus.
I like the portability of the console - I've been travelling a lot lately, so it's been nice being able to play Zelda on long train journeys.

I have one. Mostly, it's my husband playing it. He has Breath of the Wild and is thoroughly enjoying his time at that. We got Mario Kart for it yesterday though, and we had fun playing that together. I'm mostly waiting for Odyssey, Yooka-Laylee, and Animal Crossing (which I am only assuming will be on this system).

This was a major reason in why I bought my Wii U. Given that a proper AC game never came out for it it's putting me off wanting to invest in it's successor just yet.

Not et, but hopefully Iwill get one this month/early next month :D

This was a major reason in why I bought my Wii U. Given that a proper AC game never came out for it it's putting me off wanting to invest in it's successor just yet.
I see why you would be. I thought to hold off on the Switch too, but my husband was very excited for the new Zelda and wanted one right away. And an ACNX might not happen either. But I'm optimistic! It has been a while since a main Animal Crossing, and we've had a couple spin-offs. I don't know if it will happen later than next year either (though I think it might because of Splatoon 2). But there are still a couple games I want to play for the Switch, and the hubby wanting the system sold me on it. I'm really happy he's enjoying it as much as he is, because I don't know how much I'll like it or use it throughout its lifetime.

I also got one for Zelda as I don't own a Wii U, I really like it so far. I'm hoping we see a new AC game in the not to distant future.

Back