• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Only one interview outfit?

UglyMonsterFace

Arize from Azulon
Apple 🍎
Durian 🌽
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Pearl-Oyster Shell Plush
Pink Moon Jellyfish
Blue Moon Jellyfish
Green Moon Jellyfish
Pearl-Oyster Shell Plush
Dino Plush
Bee Plush
Mom's Plush
Sheep Plush
Celeste Chick Plush
So I only have 1 proper interview outfit. However, I have my second interview at this restaurant today, and I already wore it last time (Tuesday). Will it look bad if I wear it again today? :/

is it the same restaurant? i advice you not to wear the same thing if it is. you'll only embarrass yourself in front of the interviewer. show them that you care about the interview and one way is to not wear the same thing. if it's a different restaurant then ya go ahead and wear the same outfit.

I would say no, if it's a dress try putting a nice top over it if you can or change the outfit in some way. I just wore a plain black sundress for the interview at the resturant I'm working at now.

It's a fine dining restaurant so I can't just wear a dress. The outfit is dress pants, a black top, and a gray suit blazer. It's the same restaurant but a different interviewer. All my other clothes are very casual or just not appropriate. The first interview was a week ago so it's not like I'm wearing dirty clothes.

I would say wear it again. I have had tons of times where I accidentally ended wearing the same out to the same place (different week), and no one has ever batted an eyelash.

I would say wear it again. I have had tons of times where I accidentally ended wearing the same out to the same place (different week), and no one has ever batted an eyelash.

Thanks! I honestly have no other outfit choice anyway lol. I understand if the second interview was the day after my first, it would be maybe weird to wear the same thing. But it's been almost a week since, and it's nothing that stands out too much. It just looks professional. So maybe it's not even that recognizable :)

I wouldn't worry about it. I can't imagine an employer being judgemental about applicants not having a ton of disposable income to purchase clothing with. If they do have that attitude then I'd say you're dodging a bullet not having to work for them anyway.

If they don't hire you for wearing the same outfit, then I personally would worry about what other high maintenance problems they have.

It's a different interviewer too at least so I'd wear the same outfit. I'd rather wear the same outfit and look professional than wear something different that isn't.

I wouldn't worry about it. I can't imagine an employer being judgemental about applicants not having a ton of disposable income to purchase clothing with. If they do have that attitude then I'd say you're dodging a bullet not having to work for them anyway.

That's a good point. Professional clothes like blazers and dress pants are pretty expensive, so it wouldn't be fair to expect someone still looking for a job to just have a closet full of those kinds of clothes.

- - - Post Merge - - -

If they don't hire you for wearing the same outfit, then I personally would worry about what other high maintenance problems they have.

It's a different interviewer too at least so I'd wear the same outfit. I'd rather wear the same outfit and look professional than wear something different that isn't.

That's true. They'd have to be pretty high maintenance to care, or even notice stuff like that. As long as the outfit is clean, I suppose there really shouldn't be an issue :) And, actually I already went to the interview and the interviewer was very happy with me. Although, now I have yet ANOTHER interview at the same restaurant with a different person.. And it's tomorrow. I might actually have to wear a different one.. Why is the hiring process taking soo long haha.

Last edited:
First off, good luck at your interview and congrats on getting a second one. I think you are totally fine to wear the same thing. They probably won't notice at all since it was a week ago. I would say if you want to mix it up a little, maybe do your hair differently or something. But I'm sure you'll be just fine! :)

First off, good luck at your interview and congrats on getting a second one. I think you are totally fine to wear the same thing. They probably won't notice at all since it was a week ago. I would say if you want to mix it up a little, maybe do your hair differently or something. But I'm sure you'll be just fine! :)

Thank you soo much ^_^ I actually was thinking of doing my hair differently tomorrow, since I got a THIRD interview (omg ugh). I'm trying to look up tutorials lol!

Thank you soo much ^_^ I actually was thinking of doing my hair differently tomorrow, since I got a THIRD interview (omg ugh). I'm trying to look up tutorials lol!

Yay, you've made it so far! Thats a great idea, it might even give you an extra boost of confidence too. Just try not to do anything too crazy that could end up stressing you out haha XD Crossing my fingers for you!

Back