• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Zelda The Best Zelda Game?

The best Zelda game?

• The Legend Of Zelda

Votes: 3 3.5%
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A Link To The Past

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Link's Awakening(DX and GB)

• Four Swords

• Four Swords Adventures

• Minish Cap

• Ocarina of Time

Votes: 10 11.8%
  • Majora's Mask

Votes: 7 8.2%
  • Wind Waker

• Twilight Princess

• Phantom Hourglass

• Spirit Tracks

• Skyward Sword

• Breath Of The Wild

Votes: 28 32.9%
  • Oracle of Ages

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Oracle of Seasons

• A Link Between Worlds

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Tri Force Heroes

• Zelda's Adventure

• Link: The Faces Of Evil

• Zelda: The Wand Of Gamelon

• BS: The Legend Of Zelda: Ancient Stone Tablets

• Link's Crossbow Training

• BS Zelda(1996)

• Hyrule Warriors

• Hyrule Warriors Legends

• Total voters

PizzaTotinoBoy

I am...Pizza Totino's Boy
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Ooh, boy, this is a big one. I want to know what you all think is the best zelda game.

Personally I voted for Twilight Princess, which I think is the quintessential Zelda game, best enjoyed with the beautiful combination of Hero Mode and the Ganondorf Amiibo. Other than that I think it, overall just has some of the best environments, best characters, best...Well, anything in a Zelda game. Maybe it's nostalgia of me being mezmorized as a 6-year old first playing the Wii version, but truly, even in the HD Remake it's just as good if not better than I remembered it to be those ten years ago.

Closely followed by Majora's Mask, and, unpopular opinion incoming, Zelda II: The Adventure of Link. Yes, that's one of my favorite Zeldas. Shoot me.

ANYWAYS, enough about me, let's see what you think!

Yes, I included the CDi games, weird Japanese-exclusive games and spinoffs, just for the hell of it.

Last edited:
I have actually loved each and every Zelda game I've played, except for Spirit Tracks. And even then I still found something to love about that game, like the characters and dialogue and playing as Zelda. So I can't decide :( I guess I'll have to go with Ocarina of Time since I've played it the most and have really good memories attached to it. But to be honest I love them all for different reasons and can't say which is best really.

I've played Ocarina of Time, Twilight Princess, Wind Waker, Skyward Sword, Spirit Tracks, Phantom Hourglass, Link Between Worlds, Majora's Mask, and Triforce Heroes. So I can only judge from those at the moment.

Last edited:
I have actually loved each and every Zelda game I've played, except for Spirit Tracks. And even then I still found something to love about that game, like the characters and dialogue and playing as Zelda. So I can't decide :( I guess I'll have to go with Ocarina of Time since I've played it the most and have really good memories attached to it. But to be honest I love them all for different reasons and can't say which is best really.

I've played Ocarina of Time, Twilight Princess, Wind Waker, Skyward Sword, Spirit Tracks, Phantom Hourglass, Link Between Worlds, Majora's Mask, and Triforce Heroes. So I can only judge from those at the moment.

Yeah, I have a decent amount of nostalgia for OOT, I mean it was one of the games I played the most as a kid(My special edition Zelda disc was my childhood). For some reason though it's still one of the lesser ones in my eyes. It's still fun but I don't know, I've had more fun with other games. I still love it along with all the other ones I've played though.

Kind of out of topic, but am I the only one who loved Triforce Heroes? Or the only one who hates Hyrule Warriors?

Wind Waker! :D

It's entertaining and fun to play. :)

Kind of out of topic, but am I the only one who loved Triforce Heroes? Or the only one who hates Hyrule Warriors?

Triforce Heroes was wonderful, and HW Legends was a mess (if you were talking about that version).

I think I'm gonna vote Skyward Sword for this. I'd normally go Wind Waker, but... idk. Skyward Sword is actually my second favorite behind WW, but I feel like it needs a bit more appreciation.

I voted for OoT. It was such a game changer and set a precedent that Zelda games now follow. And although I was too young to fully grasp what it was like when it came out, I can only imagine it was as revolutionary as modern zelda games have been. I just hold OoT in such high regard, and I have logged many hours into my N64 over this past.... omg it's been over a decade......

I really loved Skyward Sword though. I was so impressed with the art style and the story was so fantastic. I grew up with Zelda so having such an immersive game and storyline meant so much to me, I remember beating the game and knowing that I wouldn't be able to play it for a long while cause it left such an impact. I actually haven't replayed it since I beat it in 2011 cause I know I won't be able to experience it the same way ever again.

I could truly go on about so many Zelda games. Twilight Princess was fantastic. The Oracle games are underrated. Even getting through The Lion in the original granted so much satisfaction. Heck, I even loved making my own rinky-dink ship in Phantom Hourglass.
What can I say, I'm easily impressed when it comes to Zelda ~

It's Majora's Mask for me. It was the first Zelda game I've ever played back when I got The Legend of Zelda: Collector's Edition on my GameCube and I think I was in 2nd or 3rd grade so I was really young and I couldn't really read that good but there was something about this game that was so intriguing to me that everyday after school I would play it. I never got far in the game obviously, but I really loved collecting the masks the most. Fast forward February 13, 2015 when the 3DS version came out I of course bought it on release and I was so excited to play for real this time and actually beat the game and understand what the characters are saying. I just love everything about this game, the characters, Skull Kid, the story, I love how dark it is too. It gives me so much nostalgia too which is a big reason why it's my favorite because it was the first game to get me into the series.

Gah, this is such a tough question! I voted for Wind Waker, though Twilight Princess is a close second. The art styles and everything are so different though, so it's hard to compare them. I love them for different reasons.

1. The Legend of Zelda
2. Ocarina of Time/A Link to the Past (tied)
4. Zelda II: Adventure of Link
5. A Link Between Worlds

i was introduced to zelda through phantom hourglass. after that i went to spirit tracks. took a long break and then binge played: twilight princess -> windwaker -> botw -> skyward sword -> OoT. id say twilight princess and skyward sword are my favs due to story line, art, graphics, and everything else! only thing that made me choose tp over ss was the stupid timeshift stones :/

My favorite game is breath of the wild. It's everything I love in a game and more. It's phenomenal and ultra satisfying. I love it.

I voted for Breath of the Wild because it is fun wandering around looking for secrets and side quests. Twilight Princess is my second choice because I love the art for that game and it is fun to play as a wolf.

Breath of the Wild is the only one I've truly played, so that makes me quite bias. But Wind Waker is super good too! (from what I've played)

There are so many good zelda games, but my favorite is Breath of the Wild. There is so much to see and do in this game and you can go anywhere you want in the game at any time regardless of how far you progressed in the main story.

i know that i enjoyed breath of the wild the most but majora's mask just has so many nostalgic memories attached to it that i just can't not pick it as my favourite

I voted Breath of the Wild.

I've claimed Majora's Mask as my favorite for a long time, but when I really think about it, I never did really actually care playing through the actual game, sidequests aside. I love Majora's Mask for the atmosphere as well as being able to see and interact with the characters going about their lives... But when it came to actually playing through the dungeons and stuff, I didn't much care for that.

Breath of the Wild does not have quite the level of atmosphere that Majora's Mask does, but that's okay. I'll still say it's the better game. It's a much needed rejuvenation of the series. The exploration value and the massive size of the land and its diverse ecosystems. I just love it. You know, it actually feels like you're going on a treacherous adventure. There's no hand-holding. Traversing through Hyrule can be frightening and you can easily get lost going anywhere. It feels like an actual adventure, and not like a scripted video game where they talk about this area you have to explore being so hard that only a hero could get through and then it's just an short, easy guided path. Instead, as I said, this game has quite a difficulty curve, so early on exploring is very dangerous, and even later on the environments are not simple linear paths, you can get lost... and you can still easily be killed by a Guardian. I like that.

That's not all I have to say on that matter, but it's late and I forgot every reason I love the game. lol

Last edited:
Back