Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Pink Candy
Blue Candy
Green Candy
Red Candy
Yellow Candy
I bought a second cartridge and plan to make a themed town this time! I just have no idea what the theme will be... so I thought of some. Probably someone came up with these before, but I didn't really research.

AC NPCs: the mayor would be a blonde girl named Isabelle. Her house would remind of the own hall. The other residents would be Tom Nook (house resembling the nookling's), Kapp'n (cabana and tropical house) and maybe Tortimer? Or Reese?

Chinese Zodiac: the town would have the zen theme and lots of bamboo, but the most important would be the villagers: one for each zodiac sign. Since there are only 10 animals, the human residents would have to dress up and complete the bunch. So, Mayor would be the "god", resident dressed up as a rabbit, resident dressed as a serpent (qr code outfit) and villagers: rat, cow, dragon (Drago), sheep, tiger, horse, pig, chicken, monkey and dog.
(I am a Fruits Basket fan, yes :p )

Australia: the villagers would be all kangaroos, koalas and alligators. The land would be more on the barren side (running a lot on grass and/or qr codes) and the mayor would wear the explorer's outfit. Maybe make an ayers rock out of qr codes?

Sailor Moon: Mayor Usagi (wearing the bun wig) and resident Mamoru and the 10 villagers would represent each of the scouts. Chrissy could be Chibiusa, Mira is Minako, Muffy is Hotaru, and so it goes. The human houses could have the whole greek columns and moon feel and the paths would be crystal/gray-ish.

Farm: The mayor would wear the braided wig and a country pattern outfit. The animals would be chickens, pigs, horses and cows only. The qr codes would have a hay-ish feel with the fences and fake vegetable plantations.

Alien: Lots of Moais and Stonehenge PWPs, barren/run on the grass grounds, and villagers that look alien/futuristic, like Ribbot and Frobert (do you see a pattern here?). Mayor would wear a silver outfit and have the UFO and telescope and stuff on their house.

Fairytales: I've seen some really cool towns that have Cinderella and other characters as residents, so maybe I'd try with less known tales, like Rumpelstiltskin (spinning wheel, straw and golden series), Donkey Skin (a dress collection) and the Princess and the Pea 9not sure how I'd pull this one off).

Anime-ish Tokyo: Lots of urban PWPs like signs and illuminated stuff, QR codes making concrete streets. Human Residents would be popular anime characters, maybe Naruto, Cardcaptor Sakura, Ash from Pokemon and such?

Superhero town: Mayor would always wear a full zap suit. Animals would be the full superhero team (including Mira), the big Villain and his sidekick (Roscoe and Rodeo?), the scientist who makes the heroes' gadgets (Cobb) and the heroes' supporters who always get kidnapped (maybe Chrissy and Francine?) Town would be urban-themed like the one above. Catchphrases and greetings could give away each animal's role (like, the villains could be stuff like ("This time I'll conquer the world" and such).

What do you think of my ideas? Which should I got with? Feel free to use any of them if you like.

i love all of these ideas! you are very creative!! but i'm horribly indecisive so i can't just pick one for you...

i think the ones that incorporate villagers the most clearly would be best (chinese zodiac, farm, australia, superhero). sailor moon could count as one, but i'm not sure how clear it would be to visitors what each animal is supposed to represent. (it could just be me though, i'm not familiar with sailor moon at all)

i love all of these ideas! you are very creative!! but i'm horribly indecisive so i can't just pick one for you...

i think the ones that incorporate villagers the most clearly would be best (chinese zodiac, farm, australia, superhero). sailor moon could count as one, but i'm not sure how clear it would be to visitors what each animal is supposed to represent. (it could just be me though, i'm not familiar with sailor moon at all)

Thank you! :)
I could just be direct and have them use as greetings stuff as "jupiter planet power" and even "I am sailor mars". :p

NPC's would be fun. My Cherish town has a house with special character themed rooms. It was so much fun creating them. I like your idea of having the characters as Isabelle, etc.

Awesome ideas!!!

I think of theme towns all the time. So many fun ideas!

The one idea I've never seen fully developed is a superhero town. Imagine all 4 characters in the Zap Suits, all having different superpowers - Ice (Ice Set) - Bug Set - Fish Set - etc.

Then obviously all 4 superhero animals - I'd add Sterling and or Knox because they have helmets...

I could go on. I love the Zodiac set too. Lots of exotic and Gorgeous furniture...mmmm...

With my experience in theme towns just one advice I've learned:
- plan it out as much as you can. Names of characters, faces, villagers, type of map, ideal fruit, etc.
- maps may be beautiful but make sure choose a town with fruit different than yours - it is so nice if you ever need to sell fruit in your other towns

Make sure to check out TheGreatBrain's dream towns. She has all amazing theme dream towns. The houses the characters there is always so much to explore and be inspired by :)

Pm me if you want to talk more!

Last edited:
I really like your ideas! If I had a third town I would definitely try one of these out because they would look super cool!

I'd be most excited for the alien idea. I don't think I've seen a town with a good sci fi theme. :] The tokyo lights idea would also be fun to explore.

These are some well thought out ideas! I especially like the Sailor Moon idea, since i'm a huge fan myself i've seen many people attempt that idea, and either abandon the town or abandon the idea. Personally, i'd love to see a completed town based on it. I think it'd be interesting to see what you do with the PWPs. Anime-ish tokyo also sounds good to me. :)

Back