• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Which town name sounds the best out of these?

Which town name should I choose?

• Moon Bay

Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Sun Port

Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Wind Bay

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Hibiscus

Votes: 13 40.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rabirin

Formerly Senshi!
Orange 🍊
Lemon 🍋
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Pink Hybrid Rose
July Birthstone (Ruby)
Father's Day Carnation
Mother's Day Carnation
January Birthstone (Garnet)
Tasty Cake
Peach (Fruit)
Cherry (Fruit)
Cake
Red Candy
I'm restarting my town and i'm stuck between 4 possible names, so could you guys help me out by voting in the poll? If you don't like any of the names listed above, feel free to leave suggestions. I'm going for a sea/harbor themed town, so it'd be appreciated if you could leave feedback. :)

Last edited:
I like Moon Bay. It flows off the tongue very nicely and goes with your theme well.

Hibiscus sounds very original and pretty~ I don't really like two names (like sun bay) for a town, so there's that as well. :)

Moon Bay sounds super nice and chill. You could make your town look all mysterious and stuff!

I voted for Wind Bay, because it sounds like a very charming, pretty port town. You could have the windmill and/or wind turbines to supply the town's energy.

I think Hibiscus is a pretty name, though it sounds like an exotic island to me, rather than a sea/port town.
Sun Port is cool, and I almost voted for that. What stopped me is that you usually hear a port named "Port ___" instead of "___ Port," and Port Sun sounded a bit odd to me at first. Now that I type it out, though, it looks a lot better...
Moon Bay sounded the least unique to me, though it is pretty and mysterious.

i think hibiscus sounds like a very unique name! :) wind bay would be my second choice - it also sounds rather distinct

Hibiscus for a lighter harbor theme.
Moonbay for a darker harbor theme.
Good luck starting over is a LOT of work :)

I voted for Wind Bay, because it sounds like a very charming, pretty port town. You could have the windmill and/or wind turbines to supply the town's energy.

I think Hibiscus is a pretty name, though it sounds like an exotic island to me, rather than a sea/port town.
Sun Port is cool, and I almost voted for that. What stopped me is that you usually hear a port named "Port ___" instead of "___ Port," and Port Sun sounded a bit odd to me at first. Now that I type it out, though, it looks a lot better...
Moon Bay sounded the least unique to me, though it is pretty and mysterious.

I actually really, really like the sound of Port Sun. But I know exactly what you mean about Wind Bay, it does give that vibe. Thanks for the feedback! :)

Back