• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Can Sanrio villagers ping to move out?

LunaLight

Fairy
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
3710-3658-1121
I have all 6 Sanrio characters in my town, meaning they are more than half of my villagers. I really want one Sanrio character out of my town and have time traveled for a solid two or three hours, yet none of them are pinging to leave. The only ones are the other four who are non-Sanrio characters. So my question is, can Sanrio characters ping to leave my town? Like I said, I've been trying for hours and it's genuinely making me angry. My only other option would be to move in an Amiibo villager to replace them, but that means they would also be permanent and I don't want them in my town either.

Last edited:
They can ping to move, I'd have servile in my town ^^ Moving pings are random though from what I understand.

What he/she said ^^. It's just like twice as rare.

Oh alright, weird :/ Maybe my luck is just bad haha. I know they can't move in someone else's town but I've never seen anyone say that a Sanrio villager requested to move

RILLA PLS GET OUT OF MY TOWN I DONT WANT YOU ANYMORE

XD why did u choose rilla in the first place?

XD why did u choose rilla in the first place?

I used her card to force someone else out so I can switch my villagers around. At the time I didn't know that the chances of a Sanrio villager requesting to move were lower than normal villagers.

Ooooohhhh, awwww I'm sorry :( I wish I could help.

To all AC players: All pings are randoms but Amiibo Villagers (for some) are just more difficult to move out bit they CAN move out.

To all AC players: All pings are randoms but Amiibo Villagers (for some) are just more difficult to move out bit they CAN move out.

I know that. I've been playing for nearly four years. But the Sanrio villagers are very different, since they can't move in to other towns for example. And I've been TTing for hours and I thought that maybe they just couldn't move out themselves.

I know that. I've been playing for nearly four years. But the Sanrio villagers are very different, since they can't move in to other towns for example. And I've been TTing for hours and I thought that maybe they just couldn't move out themselves.

I made a two year cycle to move out villagers which come from Amiibo cards... That never happen, they never move out.

There are plenty of rumors that explain how to move em out, but by the end the only conclusion is that is more hard to move em out.

That's why i learn my lesson and now, i know that one just use Amiibo Cards when he/she really like the Villager.

Last edited:
No definitive answer to this one is there.
The majority opinion seems to be yes scanned in villagers can ping to move, but not anywhere near as often as villagers moved in 'normally'.
Cold comfort but there may be a difference between villagers scanned - ie those from series 1-4 will ping more often than the 50 RV & San Rio villagers. I'm guessing because usually players don't say what scanned in villager asked to move.

Those players saying villagers are not pinging are often TT - does this have an affect on pings - well logically I don't think it should.
But you start to look for reasons.

There are two ways to TT and I'm not sure of the differences (if any between them) - nothing obvious (as say there definitely was for acww). In fact, generally players say there is no difference. I'm not so sure.

I have never changed time with Isabelle at the front screen, only via the system clock and then load the game, and I like to keep both clocks in sync.
Changing time with the system clock should in theory be 'safer', at least I thought it would be & the game would not 'know' I was doing this - but it does at least in one respect - and that is in streetpassing/what appears in HHA plaza (somewhat complicated so won't go into here).

What I think is more likely is that TT by jumping rather than going into the game and playing every day, might effect pings - similar to how the town tree grows and also the opening of LOL. ie the RV villagers and san rio villagers might have a 'days played/talked to counter' and won't ping until the required number of days/dialogs have been played (whatever that may be).

BUT I'm totally guessing. There does seem to be something going on, cos some players say these villagers do ping to move and others say they don't, even tho they have TT for months (however, I'd make a guess they haven't logged in and talked to that villager every one of those days).

That might be the long term solution, play normally and make sure you talk to the villager you want out, every day.
The short term solution is take the villager out by scanning another one in - if possible from one in the series 1-4 cards.

Last edited:
I don't like Rilla neither. But Sanrios as Amiibos can both ping to move out. I had Olaf as a Amiibo card in my game and he pinged to move out after 2-3 weeks. I don't have any Sanrios but I saw a bunch of videos that say they can. So good Luck!

this applies to all amiibo villagers, right? like i had skye move in from a regular amiibo card but she's not permanent, does that mean her chances of pinging are the same as sanrio villagers?

this applies to all amiibo villagers, right? like i had skye move in from a regular amiibo card but she's not permanent, does that mean her chances of pinging are the same as sanrio villagers?

Yes. Every Villager who come from a card (or figure in some cases).

I think it depends on how many of your villagers are from amiibos, too - I had a town with the Sanrio villagers, Inkwell and Viche, along with 2 normal characters, and they all pinged to move fairly regularly. I haven't really tested it much in Kittyton, but when I had Chelsea, she asked to move about as often as other villagers did and she was my only one from a Sanrio card!

I heard that you could make all your villagers amiibo card ones and then would make them all move out evenly?

Last edited:
Back