• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Best fidget items /discrete chews?

Akira-chan

#1 Yuri/Dimitri Stan
Peach 🍑
Persimmon 🍅
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
3314-2422-2051
Holiday Candy Cane 2017
Timmy Christmas Doll
Pink Hybrid Lily
New Leaf Token
Flea
White Lily
Red Lily
Holiday Candy Cane 2016
Winter Mittens
July Birthstone (Ruby)
My ADHD is acting up again and i'm starting to lose focus in math again. I'm looking for a discrete way of chewing, or a way of fidgeting. I hear spinners and cubes are good, but some of them are a tad bit expensive. The chew necklaces i see seem ok but they aren't exactly very hidden. If anyone has any recommendations for any fidget or discrete chew items please tell me!! I really don't want my grades to fall back and its the nearing the end of the year...

those. ****ing. cubes. its like everyone in my school has one! and i also saw a girl spinning something on her finger which i'm assuming was a spinner. idk why stim/fidget toys suddenly became popular but i'm not complaining. i saw some cool chew necklaces on etsy the other day but they're kind of expensive

I've always understood a worry stone is good. It had ridges you can rub with your thumb and you can keep it in your pocket or under your desk. Or you can just bounce your leg quietly like I used to and chew a pencil or pen. I also found it easier to focus when I doodled on the edges of my notes but that's just what worked for me.

Hope this helps!

I found a knockoff fidget cube that was like $5, if you can find one somewhere I'd go for it.

Another thing I use are rings. Just a plain one that you can spin and mess around with while you wear it. I usually wear em on my index finger and fidget around with them with my thumb.

spinning things are the cheapest i've seen, with some cog styled ones being ?2 on ebay

You can try molding some clay. Polymer clay or play-doh would be good since they don't crumble that much and make a mess.

I have autism and I make myself small pieces of dough to roll, rub smooth stones in my pocket, and I have a chewy necklace. I bought my chewy necklace from Stimtastic. Mine isn't very discret, unfortunately, so I don't wear it in public. But I know they have small ones for around $5 or so! I also made Pokeball fidget for myself and my Etsy store (filled with either sand or rice) that can be pretty fun to play with, especially because it makes kind of a crunchy noise, haha.
IMG_2017-04-18_07-50-02.jpg

I'm looking into getting a spinner and a tangle toy too.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I found a knockoff fidget cube that was like $5, if you can find one somewhere I'd go for it.

Another thing I use are rings. Just a plain one that you can spin and mess around with while you wear it. I usually wear em on my index finger and fidget around with them with my thumb.

The Stimtastic website has spinner rings!

- - - Post Merge - - -

those. ****ing. cubes. its like everyone in my school has one! and i also saw a girl spinning something on her finger which i'm assuming was a spinner. idk why stim/fidget toys suddenly became popular but i'm not complaining. i saw some cool chew necklaces on etsy the other day but they're kind of expensive

Hmm... I've seen a lot of backlash about fidget toys being used in school. It's been years since I've been in school. But from what I see, fidget toys are getting banned in schools because kids without neurological disorders are using them and getting distracted in class. Meanwhile, the kids with ADHD and Autism who use the toys to help them focus are having that privledge taken away because the other kids are abusing the toys. So rememeber that what is just a trendy toy to one person can be a really great tool for another person who without it might suffer...

Last edited:
Yeah I kinda agree with the above person, chewing gum has been very effective for me while studying :blush: It stops distractions and stops me from stress eating haha.

Tangles and cubes are my favorite because they're easy to tote around and are fun to fiddle with. I have ADHD and Anxiety, my cube was I think $20 but there are a lot of knock-offs for way cheaper and they're making bigger ones with more things on them. I've been thinking about getting a spinner because they look really neat. If you're super broke and want something basically free you can print out and fold yourself a Hexaflexagon. They don't last long (at least not in my hands) because it's made of paper and the "joints" wear out but it's seriously so satisfying it play with, it was all I had in school along with pencil tapping, pen clicking, and leg wiggling.

I chew my lips, specifically the inside of them but that isn't exactly healthy to do to yourself. It helps me though, even if I know it isn't good.

I chew my lips, specifically the inside of them but that isn't exactly healthy to do to yourself. It helps me though, even if I know it isn't good.

I'm an avid cheek chewer, I press into my cheek with my knuckles and bite off chunks of my cheek skin with my teeth... it's a gross habit but it happens when I'm really anxious. =[

Tangles and cubes are my favorite because they're easy to tote around and are fun to fiddle with. I have ADHD and Anxiety, my cube was I think $20 but there are a lot of knock-offs for way cheaper and they're making bigger ones with more things on them. I've been thinking about getting a spinner because they look really neat. If you're super broke and want something basically free you can print out and fold yourself a Hexaflexagon. They don't last long (at least not in my hands) because it's made of paper and the "joints" wear out but it's seriously so satisfying it play with, it was all I had in school along with pencil tapping, pen clicking, and leg wiggling.

ooo do you have any recommendations for tangles or cubes?

ooo do you have any recommendations for tangles or cubes?

Literally amazon is my bae and they have cubes going for as cheap as like $3, after the actual brand got their kickstarter like a million companies started pumping them out for a fraction of the price. They have all sorts of neat designs and colors (mine in just plain black like everything else I own) but I would for sure read reviews because being cheaper they might break easily or be made of inferior materials. I bought mine here, it's not the official site but they are nice quality. The real ones, from the actual company are around the same price now though, they go for $22 and you can find them here. If you want one of the crazy cubes that has even more sides they're called Fidget Dodecagons and can be found here.

As for tangles I don't know of any knock offs, the ones I have are from the Tangle company. They have sets of 3 "Jr's" for $9 right now which is rad... I'm like fighting the urge to buy them honestly right now. Then they have larger textured ones which are nice too. They come in like every color of the rainbow so you can definitely find one in your fave color! They even have a flocked one that feels fuzzy! But for sure you can find Tangles at just about any toy store too, that's where I got mine.

I ended up getting a fuzzy tangle jr and a red chew, (not very hidden but i guess i can try to cover it?)

the fuzzy one i got looks really cool! fuzzy-tangle-junior.jpg

Oh, I also have ADHD. I either chew gum, doodle, or get cool cheap trinkets from the dollar store to play with!

You could chew gum? Idk

Good luck getting away with that in any class. I honestly find half the rules quite ridiculous, such as not being allowed to listen to music. If you're doing your own thing, working hard and it isn't disturbing anyone... the problem is...?

Back