• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Favorite house exterior model (shape).

Favorite House exterior model

• Cottage

Votes: 29 63.0%
  • Regular Castle

Votes: 5 10.9%
  • Zen Castle

Votes: 9 19.6%
  • Modern House

Votes: 3 6.5%

• Total voters

DaviddivaD

Sleepless Grandpa
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Tasty Cake
I recently switched my main house from the regular castle to the modern house. I am currently using the golden exterior set(except for door and fence) and love how the stain glass windows look. Plus it matches my town hall and police station.

I'll probably make my first mule's house which already has the full fairy tale set as the regular castle and leave my sweets exterior house as a cottage after Hansel and Gretal. I don't have a 4th house.

I prefer the cottage style. I would like to try the Zen one maybe for my 2nd house, but not sure how it would look in my town!

My favourite style is the cottage one, because it's the only one you can see without having to look up. I like that it looks cozy, and that's why I like it. Although my theme is the city so I made mine modern, but I can see why the cozy one is much preferred, it looks so nice in forest themed towns.

My favorite style that I always go to is the cottage. But I also reallyy love the zen.

When I first started New Leaf the castle was my favorite. Purely because I was like "omg a castle!?" Hahaha

Cottage style for my mayor since I've made mine like an actual home with living room, bedroom, kitchen etc. For my alts, I went with the Modern since I've made my second like a commercial establishment then Castle for the third since my third character is a kid so she likes those cute/fairy-tale stuff.

I keep the cottage style on my house, because I have all the sweets stuff and it looks like a gingerbread house!<3

I recently switched my main house from the regular castle to the modern house. I am currently using the golden exterior set(except for door and fence) and love how the stain glass windows look. Plus it matches my town hall and police station.

I'll probably make my first mule's house which already has the full fairy tale set as the regular castle and leave my sweets exterior house as a cottage after Hansel and Gretal. I don't have a 4th house.

I really Ike the golden exterior combined with the modern house. I have that as my mayors house style in my oldest town.

I really like all of them but I'm working on a modern town right now and it seems a rare style since so many towns here on TBT are more zen or fairy tale.

One more than my I've noticed: when I used to get regular Streetpass houses in my plaza the golden houses were almost always modern. it seems if someone goes golden, they choose the modern exterior as looking the best. :)

What I'm planning for the future is that I will keep my house in the cottage and change the other three files to modern houses

I love the cottage the most! It looks so cozy. I also like the zen castle and regular one, though. At least because they suit 2 of my characters. I don't like the modern one at all :( I actually wish there were more options to be honest.

Cottage. It's the only kind that looks and feels like a "home" to me. I highly dislike the modern, zen & castle. They're just not my style and I have no interest in those.

When you say "cottage", are you referring to the normal house style? Like not upgrading it to the castle, zen, or modern style?

When you say "cottage", are you referring to the normal house style? Like not upgrading it to the castle, zen, or modern style?

I think Nintendo has always called the largest right and left normal house expansion as "cottage"

I have a castle and a modern house in my town. The castle is fun because I put a pattern moat around it. I accidently voted for the zen castle though. My castle house is zen on the inside, so does that count? :p

it really depends on what the house looks like (exterior and doors and all that) and the atmosphere of the town. i thiknk modern house is usually best though. that's what i have on my house

I like the cottage the most!
The regular castle, zen castle and modern house all have grey stones that you often can't change and I don't like that. Also the cottage looks the coziest to me so I always take that. You can change it so such a lot of styles like a gingerbread house or just a villa or a wooden house etc!

(Hopefully you understood it, my English isn't that well)

I really love the exterior model of Cottage, it's very cute and it goes well with the nature. :3

Back