Old Eggs
Ruby
White Cosmos
White Cosmos
White Cosmos
White Cosmos
Leif
Do you have low self esteem?

And if you did have low self esteem what advice would you give to people who struggle to love themselves now?

Since people like quizzes go ahead and take this one: http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/quizzes/selfesteem/

I will admit I do have low self esteem, not because of my looks, because of my personality and likeability. It's hard to open up to people and I wish I could, people often judge the way I speak and I speak a certain way because I'm really awkward. I don't like my voice either, it's really annoying and gross.

I wish I was likeable and I believe part of the reason why people don't like me is because I don't like myself and it really effects my attitude to the point were I'm rude and unmotivated, I don't mean to be rude, if I come across as nasty I probably don't mean it. I've been rude on here countless times and later on I looked back on the things I said and did, and I'm really saddened.

I really don't care how I look, some people will judge you negatively either way. I don't think I'm the best looking person and I'm okay with that. At least I'm not ugly, I guess.

Last edited:
I was going to say the same thing you did. I have good self esteem about my looks, but my personality is eccentric and shy, it makes it hard to make friends or get a job or do anything really. Along with all the social deficits Autism/Aspergers comes with (in my case). So because of that I'd say I have low self esteem. I think people like us need to learn to just be ourselves and not worry about how many people like us, even if it means being alone all of the time. I happen to like myself, but I worry a lot about acting weird. Somebody is eventually bound to show up and appreciate us, right?

Last edited:
Oh, very. Theres a lot of things about myself I hate, or that I think everyone will hate about me. It's hard to even make friends or socialize with people because I'll think "here's a person I like/want to talk to, now here's a reason why I'll mess up such social interaction, now here's a reason I'm annoying to mysrlf, therefore the person will find that same reason to hate me, therefore I cannot speak to this person." The few friends I have I'm nervous around because I hate a lot about myself and I think my flaws will ruin a friendship. It's not only that but there's a lot of issues I have with my self-esteem.

I was going to say the same thing you did. I have good self esteem about my looks, but my personality is eccentric and shy, it makes it hard to make friends or get a job or do anything really. Along with all the social deficits Autism/Aspergers comes with (in my case). So because of that I'd say I have low self esteem. I think people like us need to learn to just be ourselves and not worry about how many people like us, even if it means being alone all of the time. I happen to like myself, but I worry a lot about acting weird. Somebody is eventually bound to show up and appreciate us, right?

Yeah, I hope so. =/

I feel like a disappointment to many people and I feel like those people are really passive aggressive around me, so it doesn't help.

Last edited:
I will admit I do have low self esteem, not because of my looks, because of my personality and likeability. It's hard to open up to people and I wish I could.

This is basically how I feel but I'm an extremely extroverted person so I kind of just squeeze through it and hide insecurities. Having anxiety whilst being extroverted is very confusing.

I got a score of 59?? Lmao.

Last edited:
This is basically how I feel but I'm an extremely extroverted person so I kind of just hide it.

I got a score of 59 lol so idk

I think you got mixed up with introverted and extroverted, I think you meant introverted, right?
Oh! Nope nevermind I seen the grey bit! Haha woops.

I hide all the time too, I'm just like "no, no, no, no, I don't want to do that!"

I got this result:

You have scored 43

What your scoring means:

The chances are that you really don't like yourself much at all. And yet nature has made you utterly unique. You have as much right to be on this planet, and to do as well, as anyone else. You have great personal qualities. But they do need bringing out.

Have a look at the 'self-esteem' article. It contains lots of advice that you may find helpful to adopt. Also have a look at the recommended books, which could change your whole life.

You might also want to consider having some therapy. The treatment of choice for poor self-esteem is cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT).

There is much more provision for CBT treatment on the NHS these days. But it could be that your doctor might not consider your problem severe enough to warrant free treatment.

If by any chance this is true of you, and you still want to have CBT – you might want to consider paying to have it privately. You can find out more by going to the website of the British Association for Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapies.

Last edited:
I think you got mixed up with introverted and extroverted, I think you meant introverted, right?

I hide all the time too, I'm just like "no, no, no, no, I don't want to do that!"

I got this result:

You have scored 43

What your scoring means:

The chances are that you really don't like yourself much at all. And yet nature has made you utterly unique. You have as much right to be on this planet, and to do as well, as anyone else. You have great personal qualities. But they do need bringing out.

Have a look at the 'self-esteem' article. It contains lots of advice that you may find helpful to adopt. Also have a look at the recommended books, which could change your whole life.

You might also want to consider having some therapy. The treatment of choice for poor self-esteem is cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT).

There is much more provision for CBT treatment on the NHS these days. But it could be that your doctor might not consider your problem severe enough to warrant free treatment.

If by any chance this is true of you, and you still want to have CBT – you might want to consider paying to have it privately. You can find out more by going to the website of the British Association for Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapies.

In most social situations I'm super involved, but when it actually comes to talking about my own feelings I don't really like discussing it.

Last edited:
Yeah, I hope so. =/

I feel like a disappointment to many people and I feel like those people are really passive aggressive around me, so it doesn't help.

I know EXACTLY how that feels. Sometimes it's true, but a lot of times those thoughts just stem from anxiety, so try not to be too hard on yourself. I'm sure you're a lovely person and you're definitely not alone. I hope one day it all gets better for you (hopefully soon)

I know EXACTLY how that feels. Sometimes it's true, but a lot of times those thoughts just stem from anxiety, so try not to be too hard on yourself. I'm sure you're a lovely person and you're definitely not alone. I hope one day it all gets better for you (hopefully soon)

I say that to myself often but I don't persuade myself or alter my thoughts, I have extremely bad anxiety so yes, it probably comes from that.

Thank you and I hope things get better for you too, you're a kind person. c:

- - - Post Merge - - -

I love myself

Good for you.

Last edited:
What you said about your personality and being rude is just like me. Although what also doesn't help for me is my aspergers too. I'm always so blunt without meaning to be too.
Looks are also a factor of my low self esteem too. Don't think there's a single thing about myself that I'm even comfortable with.

I scored 33 on the test.

Last edited:
I would say yes and no. I used to be way worse, and have very low self esteem. I have unfortunately ruined friendships and relationships because I'd be such a downer and so negative about myself.

As of the past year I've been a bit better. I still have my moments where I really dont feel good about myself, whether its physically, mentally or emotionally. But I definitely have more confidence in those regards as well.

It just takes time and loving yourself to get there!~

Back