Do you have low self esteem?

Do you have low self esteem?

• Yes

Votes: 38 74.5%
  • No

Votes: 13 25.5%

• Total voters
I have low self esteem most of the time. I know it's from years of being emotionally abused by my mother. I'm slowly healing though and I've made great progress over these past few years.

My self esteem is alright. I'm happy with myself, and how I look. I have my moments when I think otherwise, but I think the good overweighs the bad most all of the time.
I can be a bit harsh on myself sometimes, but I agree with that one question quote on the quiz, there. Everyone makes mistakes, and sometimes it just takes too long for me to realize that again.
I scored 60 on the quiz.

What your scoring means:

You have quite good self-esteem on the whole. But you sometimes fail to believe in yourself enough. Remember you are a special and unique person. Many people with your score feel confident in what they do for a living and get a lot of affirmation from that. It's important however, to feel good about who you are, not just about what you do. Have a think about this.

I lean toward more self esteem but I'm still close to the middle of the line. I'm not surprised. I do put in a lot of effort to seem confident, but at the end of the day I'm not confident at all and its all for show in hopes that I might encourage or inspire others.

I guess I'm around the middle. I don't think I'm particularly extraordinary compared to the people around me nor am I ashamed of every little mistake I made. In general, I feel indifferent about how I am perceived by others.

You have scored 68

What your scoring means:

You have excellent self-esteem. You may well have had problems with valuing yourself in the past, but you have become a confident person with a proper appreciation of yourself. You are almost certainly someone who other people like and admire, and your belief in yourself helps you to make good friendships and relationships. However, your inner confidence also enables you to feel happy and relaxed when you are alone.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Too true

I scored 44 on the test, meaning that it pretty much scores dead in the middle and my self esteem is reasonably low. But I knew that before did the quiz. I've always seen myself as much lower than others, right throughout my childhood up until now.

It depends on what situation though because as far as it comes to my looks, it doesn't concern me too much. I know that I am quite far from being pretty and I'm very well aware of that fact. My looks do concern me occasionally, where I will have negative thoughts about them. But it's not something that constantly bothers me, it just cycles back occasionally which I think is a very natural and human thing to do.

As far as relationships go, I have little experience with them but I'm happy enough without them and don't feel the need to engage. I'm sure that's a "positive" thing, but I'm not so sure. I have a lot of thoughts along the lines of "my friends/family would be better off without me" or "I'm better off alone", which are just as negative.

But I view myself in a very terrible light. I think that's a direct result from the verbal, and sometimes physical, abuse that goes on in my household. I've always bottled it up and never really told anyone about it (mostly because I was told not to), so I've always turned all that anger on myself. Everytime an argument or whatever sparked, I'd always start thinking negatively about myself and just start spiraling. Although I think I naturally have a low self esteem as well, but I'm sure that's been a big contributor to it.

I don't think I've improved much either, especially over the last 6 months it's just gone so incredibly downhill. It's been dragging me down a lot when it comes to building friendships to the point where I can't be bothered. And it's been dragging me down in every other area too. I am getting a little better at reaching out to people though, and have gone to the next level with one of my close friends. Just takes baby steps I guess.

Here's what I got:
Screenshot_20170428-233852.jpg
I would agree with this.

I have confidence in myself in that I can be headstrong and not be afraid to say no, that I can do whatever I put my mind to, and that I'm in control of my own emotions and reactions.

But I always have a feeling of guilt, because I'm made out to be a bad person when I do something wrong by my dad. Like just yesterday I found that my NHS pin wasn't on my varsity jacket. I'm afraid it got loose and fell off. But instead of my dad saying "it's okay, things happen, we'll get you a new one" he said "well you should have put it on there tighter" and "i always make sure my pins are on all the way" and blah blah. He makes me feel terrible about everything I do wrong and it destroys my self esteem.

Last edited:
I got 45 in the quiz, it seemed fairly accurate. I'd say I have pretty low self-esteem though, I often compare my abilities to others and it's easy for me to feel overshadowed by someone who is better than me, and that throws my confidence off completely. I've never been an overly-confident person and I'm prone to doubting and putting myself down a lot, despite people telling me that I seem confident and relaxed. Deep down inside though, there's that uncertainty that will probably always be there, whether it's about my appearance or work or something else.

mym score:

You have scored 72

What your scoring means:

You have excellent self-esteem. You may well have had problems with valuing yourself in the past, but you have become a confident person with a proper appreciation of yourself. You are almost certainly someone who other people like and admire, and your belief in yourself helps you to make good friendships and relationships. However, your inner confidence also enables you to feel happy and relaxed when you are alone.

I expected a much lower score ooo

You have scored 56

What your scoring means:

You have quite good self-esteem on the whole. But you sometimes fail to believe in yourself enough. Remember you are a special and unique person. Many people with your score feel confident in what they do for a living and get a lot of affirmation from that. It's important however, to feel good about who you are, not just about what you do. Have a think about this.

I put yes because there isn't a sometimes option, it's up and down for me, I have good days and bad, but more good days than bad as of late. My best advice for anyone struggling with confidence and self-esteem is to fake it until you make it, I've said it before and I'll say it a million more times but it legitimately works. If you fake confidence and self love you'll start to feel it. Just act super cocky like you're the bees knees and you'll get there!

Oh and I got a 56 on the quiz.

Last edited:
Back