Nintendo Announces New 2DS XL

Yes it will play new 3DS games (basically just Xenoblade). Not sure if you're saying it because you think the Warriors title runs poorly on regular 3DS, but FE Warriors isn't a new 3DS exclusive.
There also is a regular sized new 3DS.

Really? I thought Fire Emblem Warriors was for the New 3ds. It mentions it on Gamestop's website, but when I tried looking on Nintendo's website, I could only find the switch version.
http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-3ds/games/fire-emblem-warriors/142062

Really? I thought Fire Emblem Warriors was for the New 3ds. It mentions it on Gamestop's website, but when I tried looking on Nintendo's website, I could only find the switch version.
http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-3ds/games/fire-emblem-warriors/142062

Damn, I thought it was going to be on regular 3DS as well, but I just looked at it and it does seem to be a new 3DS exclusive. I played HW Legends on the regular 3DS XL and I never had an issue with it. Seems like a bad pitch, sales wise, for it to be a new 3DS exclusive (the game wasn't unplayable on the 3DS anyway), but I guess they're trying to make the Switch version the superior version

Yeah, it is annoying. :( Well, at least this 2ds will play the new 3ds games. I might consider getting one. Though the galaxy one does look cooler.

I'm thinking about getting one. I really like the look of it, and I don't care about playing games in 3D. I still haven't upgraded to a New 3DS, and have games with amiibo functionality that I would like to use (I have the external amiibo reader thing but it's such a pain in the butt to use, I hate it.) Plus I have some games that suffer somewhat in performance from the lesser processing power. I figure I can pick up the New 2DS XL, do a system transfer, and sell my 3DS and only be maybe $100 down.

Last edited:
Look upon it people, this is the 3DS' dying form.

well.. assuming you mean the switch, while the switch is different I don't personally think its decent... way to expensive here and didn't live up to my expectations, way to cheap and flimsy, only reason it sold was because of BOTW imo

mcYpoMB.gif

I mean no disrespect, and I know that the Switch is pretty expensive depending on where you live in the world, but the bolded is very, very wrong. It's the same argument that is brought up even now in the face of Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, and it is wrong each and every time. The Switch is selling because it has great games AND is a beautiful and versatile piece of tech. Not to mention, it's replacing the Wii U and the 3DS.

The Switch is selling because it is an attractive and well built piece of technology who's future is looking brighter and brighter with every passing week. In stark comparison to the Wii U, which people either confused for a OG Wii accessory or saw that the tech was needlessly clunky and unappealing, the Switch is the exact opposite.

Last edited:
Basically the handheld for people who can't afford a switch.

Which, is exactly my position right now. Sign me up!

I was really surprised that they made another 3DS system but I guess there's still a market for it? I'm not going to buy it because I already have a Switch which really is superior. The fact that you can take Mario Kart 8 Deluxe anywhere is just the best thing ever!

I legit do not understand the point of this but if they think it works, good for them I guess.

I have a question, I'd like your insight on that.

I have currently the oldest 3ds and it's not in the best condition. If they are going to release another new nintendo ds, does that mean that there will still be games for nintendo ds for example the next animal crossing or do you think it'll only be available for switch (the future games) or both switch and the ds if that makes sense.

I have a question, I'd like your insight on that.

I have currently the oldest 3ds and it's not in the best condition. If they are going to release another new nintendo ds, does that mean that there will still be games for nintendo ds for example the next animal crossing or do you think it'll only be available for switch (the future games) or both switch and the ds if that makes sense.

There's still games coming out for the 3DS for sure, but whether the unannounced ones are quality or not, who knows. There's both arguments for and against the theory behind the new 2DS XL releasing trying to keep the 3DS line alive or not. Personally I think you're better off without getting one unless there are any upcoming games you are interested it. There's still a few 3DS games to be released that I want, so I'll probably pick one up. But if there isn't really anything that interests you, then there isn't much point.

As for whether or not they'll make good games for the 3DS such as Animal Crossing, no one really knows. Personally I don't think we'll see any more main series games release on the 3DS (except maybe Pokemon), but it's anyone's guess honestly. I'd say wait a month for E3 and see what they reveal.

There's still games coming out for the 3DS for sure, but whether the unannounced ones are quality or not, who knows. There's both arguments for and against the theory behind the new 2DS XL releasing trying to keep the 3DS line alive or not. Personally I think you're better off without getting one unless there are any upcoming games you are interested it. There's still a few 3DS games to be released that I want, so I'll probably pick one up. But if there isn't really anything that interests you, then there isn't much point.

As for whether or not they'll make good games for the 3DS such as Animal Crossing, no one really knows. Personally I don't think we'll see any more main series games release on the 3DS (except maybe Pokemon), but it's anyone's guess honestly. I'd say wait a month for E3 and see what they reveal.

Good idea, I will wait E3 and then I will decide !!
Thanks for your message :)

FYI - went to my local GameStop and on that particular night the employees were Nintendo gamers (why is this so rare?)

GameStop is doing pre-orders for the black/blue Nintendo 2DSXL.

They also have a "secret" SKU - color has not been revealed but you can pre-order it.

I know this is interesting to .5 people here but wanted you to know :)

It looks really nice. I love my 3DSXL but the left joystick's button broke off a while ago, and the right bumper sticks when it's humid because I got Italian dressing in it 2 years ago, which causes my villager in New Leaf to always run.

Well, looks way better like the original 2ds and that you can actually hold and play it, lol. The original looked like some derpy Sega copy.

Back