Poncho

Mayor-of-Bliss

Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
I have Poncho in town after I gave up getting another villager.
I'm okay with Poncho but that's about all.
I don't love him don't hate him.

Any tips on how to like him more?

I'm not moving him out because I took down all my patterns for move ins I'm not redoing it. And don't tell me about them amiibos I don't have any. :)

What about give a try? Start treating him as Villager in your town and no as one you want to get rid of.
-Send him letters.
-Make him favors.
-Talk to him.

Maybe you start like him more and the you realize that's the Villager you want.

Hello! I love Poncho, so maybe I can help? I had him in Wild World for YEARS before he moved out, and just for the sole reason that it's easy for ww villagers to move out ._. even when you don't want them too. Anyways, I ended up buying Poncho's amiibo card when the update came, and so maybe I can help you try and love him...

The thing with me is -I love the sporty villagers. And honestly, not for the sporty parts of them. My second favorite types are cranky and lazy, but one is very mature and the other focuses a lot on food. I feel like with sporty, when not discussing sporty things, they seem very genuine to how people would act in real life.

They just to me seem more lighthearted and fun. And maybe you like or prefer something else, but that's just how I see them. So maybe just see Poncho not as a sporty type, or a villager you didn't want, but just someone to make fun comments to enjoy? I have three sporty villagers right now, and when they're not asking me how long I take to run a 50-yard dash, I find their comments really funny. Maybe try that ^^?

I personally think he's adorable. Probably up there with Rudy, Bam and Scoot as one of the cutest jocks.

Last edited:
I have Poncho and I like him alot! I find him extremely funny at times and mildly amusing most of the time. I suggest you write him letters, because his letters, to me, are the funniest. He calls my mayor his best rival and tells him his calves are really shaping up! Also, I'm pretty sure he gives the mayor the most gifts just out of the blue. Is he the one who says, "Don't ask me where I get this stuff. Just take it!?"

I agree with "shrekluvsme" in that he seems lighthearted and fun! And when he asks how long it takes the mayor to run the _____ yard dash, pick the longest time. I love his answer! I hope you learn to enjoy him soon!

Back