• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Download vs hard copy

Tiffany

🌜 from Lunasoleil 🌞
Bells
Switch
3772-7854-6594
Blue Christmas Stocking
Blue Train Engine
Sleek Train Car
Cute Train Car
Floral Train Car
Yellow Caboose
Crystal Tree
Lost Star Fragment 004.MB
Tockoid
Froggy Snowman
Hi all,
So I have the ac 3dsxl with the game preinstalled on the system. I know with this version all data is saved to the sd card. If you have a hard copy does the game save to the cartridge or is it still saved to the sd card or both?
I am trying to decide if I should buy a hard copy. I have to start my game over so I am wondering if I'm better off doing so with a hard copy of the game.
What I'm getting at here is if I have a hard copy and I lose the data on the sd card(this is why I have to start over) will the data still be on the hard disk? If it saves directly to the disk than of course it will be but I don't know if it does which is why I'm asking. Any and all advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks :)

It's just a matter of preference, I suppose. I do hear that the digital copy tends to have more problems with towns being erased but I've never had any problems on either one. I however, prefer to keep the digital copy just so I can have extra space on my 3ds for other things.

It's just a matter of preference, I suppose. I do hear that the digital copy tends to have more problems with towns being erased but I've never had any problems on either one. I however, prefer to keep the digital copy just so I can have extra space on my 3ds for other things.

the digital copy has a save data backup option, right? i have that on my digital copy of happy home designer, and i think it can be used for all downloaded games.

Corruption was what I was trying to say but couldn't think of the word for. Digital copies have a higher rate of corruption, or so I've heard. Maybe save data back up could help with that? I don't know. As I said, I've never experienced it myself. That'd be nice to hear if it could, though!

Cartridge. Your town is saved on it directly. Idk. Out of all my games I couldn't have acnl as digital. I'd be way too worried about it getting erased completely.

Back