• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Zelda Is it bad to get Zelda Botw on the Wii U????

Matt0106

Dawn of a New Day
Cherry 🍒
Coconut 🥥
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
2774-4281-4324
Yellow Crescent Moon
Blue Crescent Moon
International Space Cetacean Star Fragment
Blue Crescent Moon
Yellow Crescent Moon
White Star Fragment
Yellow Star Fragment
Shooting Star
Yellow Star Fragment
White Star Fragment
My mom wants me to hold onto my money for now, as do I, but this year I'm graduating High School and next year's gonna be busy, so I don't want to wait an x amount of months (OR *shiver* years) to play Breath of the Wild. Would it be okay to get it on the Wii U for the time being??? I also have the Smash and Wolf Link amiibos and I'm DYING to use them. Yes, I wanted to start it on the Switch to get a smoother experience, but I REALLY want to play and I'm worried that if I wait too long for the Switch, I'll be too busy to get a chance to play at all :( Anyway, let me know what you think? Also how does it run on Wii U? Any patches to help it get by a little better? Thank you!

I have it on wii u and love it. I don't think all the problems are as big of a deal as people make them out to be.
If you really want it, I say go ahead and get it. :)

I have it on wii u and love it. I don't think all the problems are as big of a deal as people make them out to be.
If you really want it, I say go ahead and get it. :)

Sooooo... I bought it! Thank you for the insight! I'm sooooooo happy!!!! I've been waiting years and I'm not gonna wait another one just to play it. Thank you! I really appreciate and I will start playing tomorrow night!

Sooooo... I bought it! Thank you for the insight! I'm sooooooo happy!!!! I've been waiting years and I'm not gonna wait another one just to play it. Thank you! I really appreciate and I will start playing tomorrow night!

just wanted to say u won't be disappointed. the difference in graphics between the two versions is negligible, if not nonexistent and fps is slightly worse on Wii U but easily overlooked

just wanted to say u won't be disappointed. the difference in graphics between the two versions is negligible, if not nonexistent and fps is slightly worse on Wii U but easily overlooked

Perfect! Thank you so much! That's reassuring :)

I own the Wii U version and I feel it is the best game to end off its games. In my experience, the only noticeable frame drops happen when fighting Moblins and I'd say it is even more stable than the Switch release. I'd recommend buying a Pro Controller if you do not have one already because it is the much better way to play. There is only a few shrines that actually require the GamePad for motion controls, but other than that, it is mostly optional for use in the game. (You can enable it to use motion controls when aiming your bow, but I never felt it was needed.) I also can say that the game has some great usage of Off-TV Play if you just want to play a quick game of BotW without using your TV. I currently only have one HDMI port on my gaming TV, so it is convenient if I want to play BotW while watching something on Netflix.

Awesome! I'm glad you're happy and I hope you enjoy this amazing game! :D

I own the Wii U version and I feel it is the best game to end off its games. In my experience, the only noticeable frame drops happen when fighting Moblins and I'd say it is even more stable than the Switch release. I'd recommend buying a Pro Controller if you do not have one already because it is the much better way to play. There is only a few shrines that actually require the GamePad for motion controls, but other than that, it is mostly optional for use in the game. (You can enable it to use motion controls when aiming your bow, but I never felt it was needed.) I also can say that the game has some great usage of Off-TV Play if you just want to play a quick game of BotW without using your TV. I currently only have one HDMI port on my gaming TV, so it is convenient if I want to play BotW while watching something on Netflix.

Alright great! Thank your for sharing your experience!

They have it on Wii U?

Did you play it yet? How are you liking it so far?

Did you play it yet? How are you liking it so far?

My goodness, I've been absolutely addicted to it!!!! I LOVEEEE open-world games, and having it be a Zelda game is just amazing! So far, I've only noticed lag in the big trees, which I don't really care about that since I'm just there to get bird eggs. I'm almost done with the Great Plateau and then once I leave I'll allow myself to start using amiibos! Thank you so much again! I was really nervous about the lag, but thanks to those patches, it runs quite smoothly. I'm very glad I didn't end up waiting another year for a Switch version :)

I bought the game for the Wii U. I haven't had any problems with it. So of course, it's fine. The game was originally made for the Wii U. I say anyone that has a Wii U should just get the game on the Wii U and save for a Switch when a worthwhile exclusive game comes out.

I bought the game for the Wii U. I haven't had any problems with it. So of course, it's fine. The game was originally made for the Wii U. I say anyone that has a Wii U should just get the game on the Wii U and save for a Switch when a worthwhile exclusive game comes out.

Yeah exactly! I mean okay there's Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, but I already have that on Wii U and I'm not buying a Switch for two games that are on the Wii U

Yeah exactly! I mean okay there's Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, but I already have that on Wii U and I'm not buying a Switch for two games that are on the Wii U

Exactly how I feel. Literally the only thing that would turn my head and compel me to get a switch is a new animal crossing game.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is such a rip-off. $60 for a game we already bought on the Wii U with only a little bit of new content.

Right now the only thing the Switch has to its name is Wii U games. Lol. I can not believe the system has been even half of a success as it has been. I doubt it will last.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is such a rip-off. $60 for a game we already bought on the Wii U with only a little bit of new content.

Right now the only thing the Switch has to its name is Wii U games. Lol. I can not believe the system has been even half of a success as it has been. I doubt it will last.

Don't knock it till you try it, which you clearly haven't.

Don't knock it till you try it, which you clearly haven't.

I don't need to try it. The system has no games worth purchasing yet that I don't already have on the Wii U.

I will knock it, because it falls into a lot of the same pitfalls that the Wii U did, except makes it even worse by adding paid online in the future. It's just another overpriced gimmick console.

Well, the only significant thing you're missing out by going for the Wii U version is the ability to play it literally anywhere. If you don't mind being tethered to your home every time you want to play Breath of the Wild, then I guess you've made a solid choice. From what I've seen, pretty much every other difference between the two versions doesn't mean much in the grand scheme of things.

Back