• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Zelda Is it bad to get Zelda Botw on the Wii U????

This thread is killing me because I've been waiting to get BotW once I get the Switch.
I may not get the Switch for a few months, so I figured I'd tough it out but with every fantastic review of the game I'm that much closer to getting it on the WiiU. I may end up caving once finals are over. I just didn't want to get to a certain point on the WiiU version then have to start over once I end up with the Switch. And since I know I'm getting the switch anyway, It would be good to have a game to play on it haha.

I know it's a silly reason to miss out on what is one of the best (if not THE best) Zelda games of all time, but I suppose I'm one to delay gratification.

This thread is killing me because I've been waiting to get BotW once I get the Switch.
I may not get the Switch for a few months, so I figured I'd tough it out but with every fantastic review of the game I'm that much closer to getting it on the WiiU. I may end up caving once finals are over. I just didn't want to get to a certain point on the WiiU version then have to start over once I end up with the Switch. And since I know I'm getting the switch anyway, It would be good to have a game to play on it haha.

I know it's a silly reason to miss out on what is one of the best (if not THE best) Zelda games of all time, but I suppose I'm one to delay gratification.

You should buy BoTW on the Wii U and wait to get the Switch when a game comes out for it that you want that isn't already a game you can get on the Wii U.

You're missing out on BoTW for no reason if you already have a Wii U.

Nah! I've got it on the Wii U and i've been loving it :)

Just wait until you get your Switch, you aren't missing much at the moment.

Last edited:

What I'm doing is for the Wii U, I'm not buying any of the DLC. Once I get the Switch version, then I'll get the DLC to add something new to look forward to. Plus, so far, it's a game that I won't mind replaying and it runs quite smooth (only in villages is whgere is drops a bit but still good none the less). If you don't feel like waiting a few months, I would get it. IT'S SOOOO GOOD THAT I COULDN'T WAIT!

I went over to a friend's place today and got to play it for 25 minutes. I started from the beginning so I didn't have anything, but just running around and messing with whatever I found was entertaining.

It definitely helped me realize that I can play the game and not get much done. I'm still going to debate on whether or not to get the WiiU version, but at least I verified what y'all have been saying. You can really do a lot without getting much done at all, haha.

I bought the game for the Wii U. I haven't had any problems with it. So of course, it's fine. The game was originally made for the Wii U. I say anyone that has a Wii U should just get the game on the Wii U and save for a Switch when a worthwhile exclusive game comes out.
I'm doing the exact same thing. I own most of the games released by Nintendo for the Wii U, so I see no need to buy games already on the Wii U. I will get Mario Kart 8 Deluxe for the Switch later on as own all other Mario Kart games and I am trying for a complete collection of them. Everything else I just don't see the need to buy again.

As long as you're playing it, then you're good. It's an amazing game and there aren't really any differences between the versions.

Back