• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

What is gender?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aniko

Pear 🍐
Durian 🌽
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Sky Clouds Scenery
Sky Clouds Scenery
Pink Toy Hammer
Sky Clouds Scenery
Sky Clouds Scenery
Cyan Heart Balloon
Mystery Heart Balloon Token
Pink Heart Balloon
Green Heart Balloon
Orange Heart Balloon
What is gender for you (not the neighbor)? And how or why do you relate to one?

If it's not the clothes, the roles or duties, the body, the way of thinking, interests, what is it?

*No need to comment other posts telling them they are wrong, it's a personal question.

gender is a unicorn farting rainbows

- - - Post Merge - - -

hi i hate myself

as someone whose career revolves around genetics.... i mean you have your biological sex determined by the presence or absence of a y chromosome, and to a certain degree you need to acknowledge that

gender is a more loose and fluid definition referring to what a person feels and orients towards. I am all for people believing in what they want, being one certain orientation over another, and transitioning genders should they please, but your DNA can not be changed

lmao why are you asking this on a forum full of 8 year olds who still use triggered jokes

it can also be defined as what special snowflakes are obsessing over

I didn't know snowflakes had an opinion on something, aren't all snowflakes special anyway? And what about you? Do you relate to one gender?

- - - Post Merge - - -

lmao why are you asking this on a forum full of 8 year olds who still use triggered jokes

Why not? Adults don't care anymore, they just follow the flow.

- - - Post Merge - - -

as someone whose career revolves around genetics.... i mean you have your biological sex determined by the presence or absence of a y chromosome, and to a certain degree you need to acknowledge that

gender is a more loose and fluid definition referring to what a person feels and orients towards. I am all for people believing in what they want, being one certain orientation over another, and transitioning genders should they please, but your DNA can not be changed

Yes, but what about you?

Gender is a complicated thing. I see gender as the combination of one's genetics (as toad explained), their view of themselves, and how they feel about themselves. Gender in my honest opinion has no relation with body/appearance, although some may view it different. What about boys who like dolls? Girls who like trucks? It's more about the inside than the outside.

I'm triggered, no really, I'm deeply offended. Let me guess, memeophobic? ;;

I didn't know snowflakes had an opinion on something,

they don't, their thoughts/opinions are obviously invalid uwu

Gender is a complicated thing. I see gender as the combination of one's genetics (as toad explained), their view of themselves, and how they feel about themselves. Gender in my honest opinion has no relation with body/appearance, although some may view it different. What about boys who like dolls? Girls who like trucks? It's more about the inside than the outside.

I'm triggered, no really, I'm deeply offended. Let me guess, memeophobic? ;;

they don't, their thoughts/opinions are obviously invalid uwu

Yes yes yes I know that, but what about you? Maybe it's a question too personal or too complicated and nobody wants to answer.

The only snowflakes I know are melting in my backyard covered with snow fleas.
Snow fleas are weird little creatures.

Must be an American thing? Sorry I'm not American or English speaker so I don't get you.

So Xerolin I assume you have no gender or don't know what it it?

I'm just trolling alright
it's just a prank bro

I'm a girl ok I know what genders are

It is my belief that gender is determined by your biological sex.

Finally an answer. Ok, So for you it's just that? (there is no hidden meaning, it's perfectly alright like that) So you define your gender according to biological sex and the rest doesn't matter right?

- - - Post Merge - - -

I'm just trolling alright
it's just a prank bro

I'm a girl ok I know what genders are

Ok you are a female troll and what makes you think you are female?

Gender is a performance. A costume and set of actions that is part of what defines you to other people. It's a collection of those costumes and actions that society has decided to lump together and define as a certain thing.

It's never been binary, regardless of how the more narrow-minded among us like to think. We've long had words like "tomboy" for girls who aren't "girly enough". I'd argue that "tomboy" is simply a performance that falls somewhere between the performances of "boy" and "girl".

This is, of course, entirely divorced from biological sex, which is, in fact, determined by genetics, but is also far more complicated than "do you have a Y chromosome or not?". Biological sex is also not entirely binary, as to assume it is simply discounts any of the many people in the world with only one chromosome, or who have 3 or more. A geneticist might call these cases outliers, but they exist and are as human as the rest of us.

at this point idk what my gender is and honestly i dont care. its not smth that bothers me

Finally an answer. Ok, So for you it's just that? (there is no hidden meaning, it's perfectly alright like that) So you define your gender according to biological sex and the rest doesn't matter right?

- - - Post Merge - - -

Ok you are a female troll and what makes you think you are female?
Its
my biological sex and it's what I'm content with

Yes indeed. Without getting too into it, the argument "gender is a social construct" is irrelevant to me. I don't see how something clearly being a construct makes it incorrect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back