• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

What is gender?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It has always universally been a synonym for gender until very very recently in history when some started to change the definition for political reasons, and most people still use them synonymously, even doctors.
Okay
cap2.png

Capture.png

Hunny, you've a big storm comin'

Ancient historians of Greek and Rome also felt that gender and sex we're different though?

Also sidenote, I literally work with and have lived around doctors for most of my life and none use gender and sex interchangably.

Proof?

Anecdotal evidence, but if we're playing the anecdotal evidence game, I've filled out plenty of medical forms in my life asking for my gender, and they weren't asking about what I "identify as", they were asking what I am.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Okay
cap2.png

Capture.png

Hunny, you've a big storm comin'

As I said to you in the other thread where you posted this, look at definition 2. It is literally sex.

Proof?

Anecdotal evidence, but if we're playing the anecdotal evidence game, I've filled out plenty of medical forms in my life asking for my gender, and they weren't asking about what I "identify as", they were asking what I am.

I will bet you 1000 dollars that those forms said "Sex" not "Gender".

Proof?

- - - Post Merge - - -

As I said to you in the other thread where you posted this, look at definition 2. It is literally sex.
Uhhh you do realize that that's colloquial and not the literal definition. Either way it doesn't matter because we don't use those definitions anymore. It's 2017 wake up and smell the taxes.

Last edited:
Proof?

- - - Post Merge - - -

please show pictures of these forms thx

If there's an "until" then it is not "always" anymore.

Science itself has again and again proven that sex and gender are different things but some people want to cling on outdated dictionary definitions that were written by some blumbering old fart.

Also I'm going to ask again, where are your sources for these "most people"? You've asked many people for sources, which they have given, but you haven't given any yourself. I would like to know where you get your information.

If people start saying 2+2=5 it doesn't make it true. And are you seriously going to argue that most people agree that sex and gender are different things? Then why do most people still think transgender people are incorrect about thinking they're the opposite sex?

And science has not proven anything that supports sex and gender being different things. This is not settled science.

Proof?

- - - Post Merge - - -

You can have my degree if you want. No medical forms as what you identify as because it has heck all to do with MEDICAL ISSUES.

I will bet you 1000 dollars that those forms said "Sex" not "Gender".

No, I've had forms with both in my life. And I remember one very well, because at the time, when I was young and stupid, I agreed with you on this issue and told them "gender is not sex".

- - - Post Merge - - -

You can have my degree if you want. No medical forms as what you identify as because it has heck all to do with MEDICAL ISSUES.

Exactly, because it is a feeling, not a fact.

If people start saying 2+2=5 it doesn't make it true. And are you seriously going to argue that most people agree that sex and gender are different things? Then why do most people still think transgender people are incorrect about thinking they're the opposite sex?

And science has not proven anything that supports sex and gender being different things. This is not settled science.

most people where exactly miss thing because you need to start showing some evidence for your claims

also i notice your profile says you live in md it must really grind your gears that we're so open to trans people!!

"If people start saying 2+2=5 that doesn't make it true" except these people are professionals who know what they're talking about. Also this same argument can be used against you. Just because a lot of people say "Sex and gender are the same thing" doesn't make it true.

"Science hasn't proven anything"

http://www.theplaidzebra.com/scienc...lank-slates-and-gender-is-merely-a-construct/

You could also google this yourself or, like I said, actually click on the many links people have posted here.

No, I've had forms with both in my life. And I remember one very well, because at the time, when I was young and stupid, I agreed with you on this issue and told them "gender is not sex".

- - - Post Merge - - -

Exactly, because it is a feeling, not a fact.

No, it is just a fact that does not affect what medical illnesses you can get? Funny how you want to say professionals say certain things, but when they don't say things you agree with, it is because of "postmodernist" nonsense. Us medical professionals actually have to know the difference of gender and sex as part of NCLEX.

Last edited:
most people where exactly miss thing because you need to start showing some evidence for your claims

also i notice your profile says you live in md it must really grind your gears that we're so open to trans people!!

If most people used them differently (like transgender people), then wouldn't most people in the world be on your side of the transgender debate? It's obvious most people use them as synonyms.

What does where I live have to do with anything substantive in relation to this argument? And I have no problem with transgender people, I have a problem with people who lie and say you can change your sex, when you can't.

If most people used them differently (like transgender people), then wouldn't most people in the world be on your side of the transgender debate? It's obvious most people use them as synonyms.

What does where I live have to do with anything substantive in relation to this argument? And I have no problem with transgender people, I have a problem with people who lie and say you can change your sex, when you can't.

you can in fact change your sex for example if i chopped my penis off and got a vag then i would be a woman

EVIDENCE FOR CLAIMS OR GTFO

Last edited:
you can in fact change your sex for example if i chopped my penis off and got a vag then i would be a woman

EVIDENCE FOR CLAIMS OR GTFO

You can't change your chromosomes. And where's your evidence? I'm not making any claims that are extraordinary, you're the ones trying to deny basic biology.

- - - Post Merge - - -

i did in fact take a biology class sweetie

honors bio in high school and again in college

and guess what sweetie sex and gender are still different :) :) :)

Ok hunty, you're actually delusional.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back