• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

The rainy season has begun in my game. Know what that means?

HappyTails

On Indefinite Hiatus
Orange 🍊
Coconut 🥥
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
The sea bass is going to be my mortal enemy this rainy season as it's going to be constantly in the way of me trying to catch that rare fish that one can only catch during the rainy season. *sigh*

18118644_290459871396291_3509360519986944128_n.jpg

See, even Frances' face is annoyed here.

It was raining in my town too ; ~ ;
I love it when it rains,though :3

Or I could just catch it now! And that was all she wrote!

18057761_290464324729179_8399041811466625608_n.jpg

- - - Post Merge - - -

It was raining in my town too ; ~ ;
I love it when it rains,though :3

I love the rain in my game too. I also like the rain in real life. It's actually pretty relaxing.

You know whats really funny, I found that catching the coelacanth is so much easier when its snowing rather than raining. I caught two in the same day! Then I remember catching another one later on that same week or something, another time that it was snowing (this was during December I think).
I have never been able to catch one in the rain! I'm sure it can be done though, good luck! :)

- - - Post Merge - - -

Or I could just catch it now! And that was all she wrote!

View attachment 198062

- - - Post Merge - - -

I love the rain in my game too. I also like the rain in real life. It's actually pretty relaxing.
Wow! Congrats! :D

Last edited:
It's worth noting that the Coelacanth shadow is visibly different than the Sea Bass shadow. Coelacanth (and other REALLY big fish like oarfish, tuna, etc) are longer and slimmer, while the Sea Bass looks short and chubby. They look similar at first, but there's definitely a difference once you see it the first time.

Hopefully this helps anyone who's more than a little sick of sea bass this time of year.

I agree with that Yaezakura. Also, the sea bass is so flexible when it swims and the longer slimmer shadow is very stiff.

I came here thinking that you'd say an awesome soundtrack but then you said this, and i'm not dissapointed. 10/10.

Yeah, I kept getting sea bass but then I saw a shadow that looked really large and skinny and I was like, okay, that's gotta be it and sure enough it was. It looked like the sea bass but longer. Once you are able to differentiate the shadows, it makes it easier to catch other fish besides the sea bass.

Yay for you! I got my first one in my new town yesterday, too, and I did NOT take it to the museum. (My bad!) I sold it! Gahaha!

PS Use noise cancelling headphones on your DS! The rain, especially, is awesome!

Last edited:
Back