• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Do you have 4 characters in your town?

HHoney

Fireworks!
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Tasty Cake
Tasty Cake
Tasty Cake
Tasty Cake
Tasty Cake
Tasty Cake
Tasty Cake
Tasty Cake
Mother's Day Carnation
Tasty Cake
I have always been superstitious and kept 3 characters in my town to always save one character for plot resetting...

Now that some of my towns are feeling "final" with dreamies locked in that can never leave I'm now thinking of having max characters!

Do you have 4 characters in your town?

If so, why?
If not, why not?

It should be interesting to see everyone's answers :)

I do have four characters this is my first game to do so.
I do it because I use the houses as sort of pwps I made.
Being able to use them for daily money rock and to quickly run over to make the dirt path.

I have four characters in both of my towns. I made them because I needed more QR space :(

I only have one character. I have enough to do as it is!

Once I finish expanding my house and do the maximum PWPs I may have a look around and see if there's room for more houses.

Not at the moment, but I sure do heck plan on it!
There are SOO MANY different furniture ideas and ideas for house placement. The possibilities are endless!

Take my second char, for example. I named her: HOTEL △ (<-- symbol intentional). That is because I will NEVER be playing on her and everytime someone from another town clicks on that house, it will say HOTEL. Obviously, it is going to be a hotel so I placed it between retail and the Cafe/Brewster's in a nice little town square. She will also be dressed up like a hotel consierge. It's gonna be so cute! ^.^ <3

For the third char, I am going to have her be my "alter ego" and name her after my middle name! She will dress similarly to me and the house is going to be like how I would design it if I got a second house.

My fourth char, I was going to make own my island home and have like a little beachey bamboo area, but the bamboo got out of control and so I was like - forget it. I'm thinking of making it like the second town hall and having the main room be the mayor's (my) office, and then have like 2 rooms dedicated to villager pictures!

I have three in mine!
I originally did it so I could have more storage, and one was to hold my path QR codes so my mayor had all the slots for clothes etc - plus, I had so much furniture that I wanted to be able to show off some of the nicer sets in houses, even when my mayor's was full :)
I like to keep one slot free so I can plot reset, though

Just yesterday, I started a 4-player town with Klondike, Kallisto, KornKob and Kulprit as manufactured characters. The last two are just plotted to prevent any unwanted squatters from moving in near the first two and are certain to be replaced with PWPs as soon as the full complement of varmints are settled. I had a 4 player town about a year ago that didn't last very long because I prefer just one Mayor all by him/herself. Currently, I have three 2 player towns and not too crazy about that situation. More is not necessarily better. MAJOR EDIT: After thinking about this 4 player thing, I went back and wiped out the whole town, varmints and all. I feel refreshed now. One is plenty.

Last edited:
My town only has 3, but with plot resetting not entirely necessary anymore, I'm thinking up another villager.

I'm considering starting another town in the summer, and I think I may keep that one at just 1. It can be a bit tedious having to keep up with other characters ~

I have 3 right now, trying to figure out where to fit in a 4th one! Plot resetting with characters was never my thing, always took too long

Only 3. Plot resetting is important to me.

I have 3, would love to have a fourth one but I want to get everyone where I want them before I commit to a fourth character. But right now I have two alts: Seb (runs a shop with a small apartment upstairs) and Daud (dishonored lol). I was hoping to make a 4th, maybe a witch hut buuuut I wanna get everything in place.

Nope.
I'm planning on having 4 however, I only have had 2.

i have one currently, just my mayor, but i'd like to have all four some day and completely decorate their houses too, lol, plus it would be fun to get badges on alts

but i think a part of me would always want to have just three total though, in case of plot resetting or what not :) at least, until my towns are set villager-wise!

I have two players because I don't know where I'd put two more and also I don't know what I would name them. I like having just two though, more would be a tad over whelming.

Last edited:
I've put all my dreamies in their proper plots already, so I don't need to plot reset. Every time I want to replace a villager, I just make sure they go in the same plot, so I have 4 characters now :) In case I ever make a mistake and leave empty areas that a new villager plots on, I just do my own version of plot resetting. I time travel back a day, forward a day, and back a day, etc so that they are fully moved in. I kick that villager out with an amiibo card and make sure to place patterns everywhere that I can, leaving only the desired spot and the wrong spot that the villager went on (if that makes sense), and then time travel back 1 day. If they are in the right spot, I cover the previous area with patterns, and do it again, kick that villager out with the desired villager once more, and time travel so that they plot their house on the same date as they should have. If the house isn't in the right place, I just keep doing this until they are. It's a lot more steps, but it still is effective, if you have amiibo cards.

This was probably too confusing to understand. Sorry! Long story short, "plot-resetting" is still possible with 4 houses - if you have amiibo cards, and are okay with time traveling back and forth between 2 days.

Just yesterday, I started a 4-player town with Klondike, Kallisto, KornKob and Kulprit as manufactured characters. The last two are just plotted to prevent any unwanted squatters from moving in near the first two and are certain to be replaced with PWPs as soon as the full complement of varmints are settled. I had a 4 player town about a year ago that didn't last very long because I prefer just one Mayor all by him/herself. Currently, I have three 2 player towns and not too crazy about that situation. More is not necessarily better. MAJOR EDIT: After thinking about this 4 player thing, I went back and wiped out the whole town, varmints and all. I feel refreshed now. One is plenty.

You're going on a rampage, destroying towns and varmints alike lol :p How do you live with yourself :O Haha!

I only play my Mayor character but now that I'm getting more interested in patterns, I might make another character.

I have a question. Will it mess up your ten villager limit if you have more than 1 human player in your town?

I have three:
Sarah is named after me and is the mayor
Jody is named after my favorite pokemon from one of my pokemon games (a Jirachi nicknamed "Jody")
Klondike is named after my first dog and is the only male

I knew I wanted at least two characters (so I had more rooms to decorate!) and I decided I wanted a boy character because villagers interact differently with both genders.
I don't have enough room in my recently finished town for another house! So I will stick with 3 :)

You're going on a rampage, destroying towns and varmints alike lol :p How do you live with yourself :O Haha!

I am rapidly approaching burnout! I foresee, in the very near future, a long term, if not permanent, hiatus from ACNL.

Back