Do you have 4 characters in your town?

I usually just have my mayor character... though sometimes I'll have a second character, if I need more room for paths anyways

I just have the mayor. I've never had a need to create additional characters; I don't "plot reset" or need more space for patterns etc.

I usually have three because I have to save one for plot resetting. But after getting all the villager houses in a secluded area in my town (like a community), I never needed to plot reset. It doesn't take me for than 10 minutes to replace/move a villager and place the new one on the very same place (through normal means by covering some areas with patterns). I've been thinking about a making a fourth character but everything is well-planned out, from the villager houses to my mayor's and alt. characters houses to the placement of pwps, so that would kinda ruin the symmetry if I try to squeeze in another house. Well, it'd be fine if I destroy one or two pwps but I feel iffy thinking about the idea. That's my dilemma. Add to that is I'm done upgrading and decorating my mayor and the alt. houses (plus the museum). I still have that itch to decorate more. I have more than enough slot for paths though.

Last edited:
I only have 1 character at the moment. Once I obtain all of my dreamies, I'll create more characters because

1) I can commit to landscaping and will need the extra pattern storage.
2) I'll prioritize home design and want more rooms for all of my furniture sets and ideas.

I think I want my main character's house to be filled with the fairytale and Sanrio sets, but I've always wanted a Harry Potter themed house. :)

I only play my Mayor character but now that I'm getting more interested in patterns, I might make another character.

I have a question. Will it mess up your ten villager limit if you have more than 1 human player in your town?

Nope! 10 Animal villagers and up to 4 human players :)

- - - Post Merge - - -

I only have 1 character at the moment. Once I obtain all of my dreamies, I'll create more characters because

1) I can commit to landscaping and will need the extra pattern storage.
2) I'll prioritize home design and want more rooms for all of my furniture sets and ideas.

I think I want my main character's house to be filled with the fairytale and Sanrio sets, but I've always wanted a Harry Potter themed house. :)

Sounds like you need a Sanrio house and a Harry Potter house!

I have three:
Sarah is named after me and is the mayor
Jody is named after my favorite pokemon from one of my pokemon games (a Jirachi nicknamed "Jody")
Klondike is named after my first dog and is the only male

I knew I wanted at least two characters (so I had more rooms to decorate!) and I decided I wanted a boy character because villagers interact differently with both genders.
I don't have enough room in my recently finished town for another house! So I will stick with 3 :)

It's moments like these that show how small the New Leaf maps really are :)

Back