1. yes i'm online 24/7

2. I guess it was a little bit of both

- - - Post Merge - - -

^that was for dolby btw

1. yes i'm online 24/7

- - - Post Merge - - -

^that was for dolby btw

Well if it was partially a gut feeling, then that must mean that holds a shred of truth behind it correct?

Also Amanda, I see you down there.

1. yes i'm online 24/7

- - - Post Merge - - -

^that was for dolby btw

This is about what I expected, but any reason why you voted so early if you were gonna be on at EoD?

Well if it was partially a gut feeling, then that must mean that holds a shred of truth behind it correct?

Also Amanda, I see you down there.

Yep, I'm here *waves*

I'm caught up on the thread, now going to go and look at each player's posts in iso.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Bowie, could we possibly get clickable names linked in the OP?

Yep, I'm here *waves*

I'm caught up on the thread, now going to go and look at each player's posts in iso.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Bowie, could we possibly get clickable names linked in the OP?

Amanda, have you ever been scum in a game besides that cult one.

Also, you can access isos by going to this thread on the subforum's page, and clicking on the number of replies to the thread

This is about what I expected, but any reason why you voted so early if you were gonna be on at EoD?

I saw on the voting thread that anyone who doesn't vote for a day gets killed so I kinda panicked

Amanda, have you ever been scum in a game besides that cult one.

Also, you can access isos by going to this thread on the subforum's page, and clicking on the number of replies to the thread

No I haven't.

Ahhh that is SO much easier than the manual method I've been using, thanks!

- - - Post Merge - - -

You mean in the participants list? I'll see what I can do.

Yes, and thanks!

- - - Post Merge - - -

I am completely inexperienced and have no idea what I'm doing
You see, we cats choose to take our problems head on with varying levels of strategy, tooth and claw as it were.
That's a Warrior Cats reference.
May my neurosis have mercy on me.

Hi! Your first post in this thread, #02, indicates you're familiar with the Werewolf variant of this game - is that correct? Can you tell us what kind of experience you have playing that game, and where?

Getting the hang of the slang and particulars of mafia here can be tough at first, but if you're already used to playing a similar game then you should be fine. Please make sure to ask questions when you don't know what's going on - we're all new sometime! {insert smiley face here}

Clickable usernames have now been added to the participants list, so you can all easily stalk each other now!

In other news, night post is ready (other than the obvious part). I'll stay online long enough so I can post it and answer any questions you guys have in the meantime, and then I'm heading to bed. I think you guys will enjoy some of the forthcoming twists.

Primavera: A bit quick to agree with Dolby, but I'm not seeing any malignity between the two of them. Their tone behind their posts gives me the impression that they aren't in any kind of contact with Dolby, so I'd say that if she was scum then Dolby is more then likely a town player. Personally, they're striking me as if they're speaking in Verbatim so leaning town for now.

I'm guessing you typed my username wrong because you posted via mobile, but either way, it's Primarina, not Primavera. That aside, as I'm new, I'm wondering if "Verbatim" means anything special in the context of Mafia, or not, but I'm assuming based on context clues that it essentially just means truthful. Also, for future reference, I'm a dude, not a "she".

This kinda seems fluffy to me, but as to your thoughts on the matter I have a few things to say. Logisitically, we can no lynch at only one point in this game with no consequences (assuming that the "surprise elements" doesn't kill anyone, and the consequences being the waste of an allowed mislynch). Moreover, in mafia you're always going to have doubt cast on anything, and there are few situations where a lynch is 100% certain (a "inspection" could be scum lying to force a mislynch for example). Last game on here for example (Overwatch Mafia) two of the lynches are such that I would say that extreme doubt could be cast upon them, and the other two being certain (this is highly different from most games on here, due to the vast amount of PRs). One of the lynches was town and the other mafia, however the mafia lynch I would describe as being pivotal to the course of the game. In short, we're going to have to take risks, especially if we assume it's 6v2. This would allow us only one mislynch and a no lynch for the whole game. Granted, it is dumb to waste our mislynch this early, but we gain two things, reactions and a confirmed alignment which we could use to determine the alignments of other people. If we don't lynch, we just sit around and wait to die
I can agree with the first part of the bold piece, however I do not believe that not lynching is just "sitting around," like you put it. Based on the interactions between players on the first Day, it can be pretty easy to look at a kill during the Night and glean a good amount of information from it. On a Day like this, the only thing you have to go off of is your own role, and the things that people say to you and others. I would rather hold a mislynch and wait for a kill, so that we can use information from the latter to get a better idea of the alignments of other players.

I suppose that this issue is more just a matter of ideology at this point, and not something we're going to change each other's minds on.

xCleb, would you vote for no lynch, or anybody, right now? Moreover, how would no lynching help players gain ANY information? (night actions is NOT an acceptable answer to this question)
Personally, I don't have enough information to warrant placing a vote on anybody right now. My reasoning for a no-lynch today is above this quote.

Looking at some of the posts after those that I quoted, I'm not sure how not wanting to lynch Today means I have ulterior motives, or that I'm being dodgy in any way. The Mafia would have absolutely nothing to gain by deciding not to lynch Today, unless one of their members is under severe pressure, in which case it's a win for them. There's nobody that's really under such pressure right now, so a no-lynch just doesn't make sense from an objective standpoint of gaining majority or 1/2 as quickly as possible.

Hi! Your first post in this thread, #02, indicates you're familiar with the Werewolf variant of this game - is that correct? Can you tell us what kind of experience you have playing that game, and where?

Getting the hang of the slang and particulars of mafia here can be tough at first, but if you're already used to playing a similar game then you should be fine. Please make sure to ask questions when you don't know what's going on - we're all new sometime! {insert smiley face here}

As I said, I have no experience at all. I've never played any rendition of Werewolf. I only know of its existence and the sheer basics of gameplay, as well as what I've read and videos on yon Tube.

The Mafia would have absolutely nothing to gain by deciding not to lynch Today, unless one of their members is under severe pressure, in which case it's a win for them.

Speaking generally, though, couldn't a Mafia member have something to gain by making people think he's not a member by saying something like "I couldn't possibly be Mafia because why would I not want to lynch someone if I were Mafia"? There's always the possibility of someone using reverse psychology on people.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Random sidenote, but it just occurred to me that four of the participants have Pok?mon avatars, including me, obviously, which is amusing.

Speaking generally, though, couldn't a Mafia member have something to gain by making people think he's not a member by saying something like "I couldn't possibly be Mafia because why would I not want to lynch someone if I were Mafia"? There's always the possibility of someone using reverse psychology on people.
Yes, that is perfectly possible. It's all just WIFOM this early in a game, no matter the circumstances, and the Mafia is going to remain unpredictable until we see that first death, and can get information on it, hence why I want to refrain for now.

I'm guessing you typed my username wrong because you posted via mobile, but either way, it's Primarina, not Primavera. That aside, as I'm new, I'm wondering if "Verbatim" means anything special in the context of Mafia, or not, but I'm assuming based on context clues that it essentially just means truthful. Also, for future reference, I'm a dude, not a "she".

Verbatim is a fancier way of saying "to say word for word", so yes. I don't sense any foul play between you and Dolby, as in I doubt the two of you are scum together.

And as for calling you She, my apologies. I wasn't sure and I was trying to refer to you as "they", but I subconciously said she. I'll make sure to call you by your prefered pronoun from now on.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I can agree with the first part of the bold piece, however I do not believe that not lynching is just "sitting around," like you put it. Based on the interactions between players on the first Day, it can be pretty easy to look at a kill during the Night and glean a good amount of information from it. On a Day like this, the only thing you have to go off of is your own role, and the things that people say to you and others. I would rather hold a mislynch and wait for a kill, so that we can use information from the latter to get a better idea of the alignments of other players.

I suppose that this issue is more just a matter of ideology at this point, and not something we're going to change each other's minds on.

I'm sorry, but I simply can not agree with this. We get plenty more information from analyzing bandwagons from making generalizations off who was killed.

With a lynch, you can get an idea as to who was miscreant while with a night kill analysis you have static. Nothing but trying to assume who would kill who based off of who did what. As a matter of fact, it would be much more beneficial to try and lynch someone, as the night kill is just adds onto doing an analysis because we have the ability to look back on who was suspicious of whom, as well as who was on the major bandwagon.

Plus, are you really that keen on a no-lynch on day one? Day one is almost always a gold mine of information based of who was lynched first. By no-lynching on the first day, we're setting ourselves up to not having any information for the early part of the game.

Verbatim is a fancier way of saying "to say word for word", so yes. I don't sense any foul play between you and Dolby, as in I doubt the two of you are scum together.

And as for calling you She, my apologies. I wasn't sure and I was trying to refer to you as "they", but I subconciously said she. I'll make sure to call you by your prefered pronoun from now on.

Ok, I know what the word verbatim means in general, but didn't know if it had a different and perhaps ironic connotation or definition in "Mafia-ese" (especially since you capitalized it). And no worries, it doesn't bother me if people assume I'm female because of my username and avatar (and I know you said "they" in all instances but the one as you were unsure) so no need to apologize, but I am in fact male and just wanted to let you know for future reference. (Insert smiling emoji here.)

Ok, yes I used a hyperbole there, I will admit to that, however that's not what's important. What is important is that we are wasting time if we no lynch. Moreover, we gain far more information from a lynch than from a kill. Say (as an example) that the mafia's kills are entirely based off of PR hunting, what information would that give you? jack ****. Moreover, mafia aren't going to kill the people who are immediate threats for that purpose, but people who have generally good reputations.

Though yes, I do suppose this is ideology, but is no lynching on day one a standard occurance when and where you play?
That being said, I am not going to lynch off of ideology. Cleb, I want some to see some of your past games, simply to see how you act on this issue(I really don't want to have to hunt your games down, especially if you have a different username).

Personally, I don't have enough information to warrant placing a vote on anybody right now. My reasoning for a no-lynch today is above this quote.
Fair, I just disagree with it on an ideological level
Looking at some of the posts after those that I quoted, I'm not sure how not wanting to lynch Today means I have ulterior motives, or that I'm being dodgy in any way. The Mafia would have absolutely nothing to gain by deciding not to lynch Today, unless one of their members is under severe pressure, in which case it's a win for them. There's nobody that's really under such pressure right now, so a no-lynch just doesn't make sense from an objective standpoint of gaining majority or 1/2 as quickly as possible.
You already know what town potentially loses by not lynching, a mislynch oppertunity. Yes, I suppose if we mislynch we also lose that oppertunity, but we at least narrowed down the suspect pool, which increases our odds of winning

- - - Post Merge - - -

Actually, looking at what I said earlier, town doesn't strictly lose a mislynch by not lynching today. However, I don't want to take a chance with "surprise elements"

Ugh, I have no intention of staying up anytime close to 4 AM, but I have a bit of a dillema. On one hand, if I vote Cleb it's pretty much purely on ideology, being the fact that I don't want to lose a mislynch which he doesn't seem to care about. On the other hand, the two other times that I've voted on an ideological conflict in the past, they both flipped scum.

Right now I'm town leaning Ness and Prim. I want to see more from Amanda before I make a read. Need more from pretty much everyone else besides Cleb. And I can't help feeling like there are ulterior motives with Uttu's vote on me, as he has changed his reason for voting me once(I guess it could be a strech to call it a change, but I consider it as such), and his current reason:
I saw on the voting thread that anyone who doesn't vote for a day gets killed so I kinda panicked
Doesn't really match up. Me and Bowie reminded people that they needed to vote or die literally a minute after Uttu made a post about voting and "Holding off for now" and he was posting in the Cellar five minutes after the reminder so he should have been around to read it then. On top of that, he says that he'll be here 24/7, no one else had voted, and was something like 7 hours left in day at the time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back